Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2017, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
And Emmett also got a guy 😂 but probably it was not meant for longterm relationship although they were dancing in Babylon together, which was after Babylon was rebuilt so few months later. So it was not a one night stand either. Dont know what writers intended with him.
I got the impression they were supposed to be together - he had found a guy from home Who probably knew Aunt Lula
Old 07-30-2017, 03:53 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I got the impression they were supposed to be together - he had found a guy from home Who probably knew Aunt Lula
truth, Aunty Lula is the best. I know some people wanted him to reunite with Drew. So everyone had their loved one in final scene except Brian, so so unfair.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
truth, Aunty Lula is the best. I know some people wanted him to reunite with Drew. So everyone had their loved one in final scene except Brian, so so unfair.
That's true - I forgot about Drew - he needed some time though - he was just new to the gay world. But maybe one day Emmett and Drew might have got back together.

Did people think that was another odd storyline for Emmett?
Old 07-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's true - I forgot about Drew - he needed some time though - he was just new to the gay world. But maybe one day Emmett and Drew might have got back together.

Did people think that was another odd storyline for Emmett?
Emmett had only odd storylines, he was so extravagant that there was nothing regular about him. He probably loved Drew but unlike some fans, I dont seem them to fit together so much, they seemed to me to be too different .
Old 07-30-2017, 04:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Emmett had only odd storylines, he was so extravagant that there was nothing regular about him. He probably loved Drew but unlike some fans, I dont seem them to fit together so much, they seemed to me to be too different .
True again Sia - he did have some interesting storylines. I wasn't sure about Drew either - he seemed very flat I think or not so interesting or developed. I don't know he didn't seem to go with Emmett who let his flame burn so bright all the time
Old 07-30-2017, 04:58 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
True again Sia - he did have some interesting storylines. I wasn't sure about Drew either - he seemed very flat I think or not so interesting or developed. I don't know he didn't seem to go with Emmett who let his flame burn so bright all the time
Yeh, thats how he seemed to me, not so passionate and eager and open, simply not fit for Emmett
Old 07-30-2017, 05:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yeh, thats how he seemed to me, not so passionate and eager and open, simply not fit for Emmett
I think that was why Ted was better - they knew and understood each other and knew all the good and bad and Ted would never ask him to keep things quiet or dull down. I like it when characters talk a lot and know each other and not just meet and start an affair in the hotel room but don't seem to talk much or know each other much. Does that make sense?
Old 07-30-2017, 05:47 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think that was why Ted was better - they knew and understood each other and knew all the good and bad and Ted would never ask him to keep things quiet or dull down. I like it when characters talk a lot and know each other and not just meet and start an affair in the hotel room but don't seem to talk much or know each other much. Does that make sense?
Yes, understand. Problem with Emmett I think was that he fell in love quiet easily. I think it was often rather crush than love and as you said he did not know the person enough. But for example neither did brian and Justin talked a lot, of course it was compeltely different, but they had tnis rare connection that they connected with each other even without much talking.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yes, understand. Problem with Emmett I think was that he fell in love quiet easily. I think it was often rather crush than love and as you said he did not know the person enough. But for example neither did brian and Justin talked a lot, of course it was compeltely different, but they had tnis rare connection that they connected with each other even without much talking.
I think it was one of those rare loves But they also lived together so they would've spent time together at home talking and eating and living So I presumed they did spend a lot of time talking to each other.

Ted and Emmett did seem to fall in love easily throughout the years didn't they.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think it was one of those rare loves But they also lived together so they would've spent time together at home talking and eating and living So I presumed they did spend a lot of time talking to each other.

Ted and Emmett did seem to fall in love easily throughout the years didn't they.
But we were never shown that. It seems like Brian was either working long hours, or in Babylon or at home ****ing
Old 07-30-2017, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
But we were never shown that. It seems like Brian was either working long hours, or in Babylon or at home ****ing
That's true I just presume they'd talk sometimes Maybe they don't
Old 07-30-2017, 07:40 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's true I just presume they'd talk sometimes Maybe they don't
Their language is sex
Old 07-30-2017, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Their language is sex
At times They all have their little moments together throughout the seasons.

Ted and Emmett have their moments too - when Ted helps Emmett when he saw the light, when he supports him at the funeral, they work together at jerk at work, at the bank when he gets his ten million They are always there for each other
Old 08-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
At times They all have their little moments together throughout the seasons.

Ted and Emmett have their moments too - when Ted helps Emmett when he saw the light, when he supports him at the funeral, they work together at jerk at work, at the bank when he gets his ten million They are always there for each other
They really are, but maybe that is why it didn'T work for them as a couple.. they already were close as friends.. so maybe it wasn't really love that brought them together, but familiarity..

icon by Daggi
Old 08-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
They really are, but maybe that is why it didn'T work for them as a couple.. they already were close as friends.. so maybe it wasn't really love that brought them together, but familiarity..
That's true - sometimes friendship can turn into love but sometimes it's just better to stay friends and you're right sometimes it's just that someone is familiar and you can mistake that for something else
Closed Thread   Post New Thread