Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Star That was so embarrassing... I just can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Hmm…Perhaps he was a little envious?
Could be. I mean, he had just been dumped by Justin, so yeah... quite annoying.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 04-17-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

There was so much about that arc that was cringe-worthy…at least in the beginning. When it got to Ted's addiction though…it was intense.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Their relationship was a learning experience, no doubt about that. For them and us viewers.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Their relationship was a learning experience, no doubt about that. For them and us viewers.
It showed them that there won't be only happy times in a relationship, and it is way more then just friendship.. and it showed us that there always have to be both parties in it completly to make it work through hard times... one alone can't make it an as sad as it is.. sometimes love alone isn't enough sometimes

icon by Daggi
Old 04-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Yeah, but the thing is, I'm not even sure I can call what they had in season 3 love. More like intense appreciation disguised as infatuation or something. After all, this whole thing started from Emmett saying "You know what Ted Schmidt? I love you." But I think that was intended to be more an expression of appreciate as a compliment over Ted having made Emmett feel good about himself... more than a true & pure declaration of love. I don't know... and maybe Ted had some feelings for Emmett buried deep down inside that was awakened when Em said that.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Ted was just in love with the thought being in love. Yes, Emmett did declare his love…but I think it was an appreciation for him. I have people who I feel love towards, but not in a romantic way. If I see someone doing something really caring, or they are kind to me, I might feel, 'I really love you', but this is because of the person they are, not because I want anything from them.

Ted REALLY wanted to be loved in that way. Unfortunately, he didn't feel worthy of that love when he received it, and sought something outside himself to make him feel better. And we all know how that went.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I think Ted was just in love with the thought being in love. Yes, Emmett did declare his love…but I think it was an appreciation for him. I have people who I feel love towards, but not in a romantic way. If I see someone doing something really caring, or they are kind to me, I might feel, 'I really love you', but this is because of the person they are, not because I want anything from them.

Ted REALLY wanted to be loved in that way. Unfortunately, he didn't feel worthy of that love when he received it, and sought something outside himself to make him feel better. And we all know how that went.
Sadly we do ...

icon by Daggi
Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It ended in a near-tragedy, because Ted almost got swallowed up by a nasty addiction and as worse, almost cause their friendship to end.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

but I think that is what a real friendship is.. you come over a lot of bad things after a while... if you are never able to forgive the person you once loved so much, no matter if it was just in friendship or in a sexual relationship, then it wasn't worth the effect. if one side gives you a sign of apology or aproaches you, you should think about it very well if you should stay so stubourn and not acceptm and toss that friendship away this way..

icon by Daggi
Old 04-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You brought it home, Daggi. Couldn't agree more.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
but I think that is what a real friendship is.. you come over a lot of bad things after a while... if you are never able to forgive the person you once loved so much, no matter if it was just in friendship or in a sexual relationship, then it wasn't worth the effect. if one side gives you a sign of apology or aproaches you, you should think about it very well if you should stay so stubourn and not acceptm and toss that friendship away this way..

Sometimes that person needs a little time, especially when they got the brunt of the problem and feel abused. Which Ted definitely was abusive to Emmett. I'm glad that they worked it out, but I understand why Emmett was so angry. It was like he was left with all the pain and destruction, but suddenly because Ted got clean, he was supposed to accept everything and forgive and forget. On top of that, even after Ted got clean, he was mean to Emmett.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Sometimes that person needs a little time, especially when they got the brunt of the problem and feel abused. Which Ted definitely was abusive to Emmett. I'm glad that they worked it out, but I understand why Emmett was so angry. It was like he was left with all the pain and destruction, but suddenly because Ted got clean, he was supposed to accept everything and forgive and forget. On top of that, even after Ted got clean, he was mean to Emmett.
Nothing more eye-opening than to be flying... and suddenly you're dropped back down to earth. I feel that's what happened here. Emmett wanted everything to be okay for himself and Ted, but Ted was too far gone to see how much he was hurting his friend. What sucks even more, he also tried to get Emmett into using, too. So glad Em was strong enough not to.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It could have ended desasterous if Em would have agreed and liked it.. it sure would have been the end of their friendship in one point...

icon by Daggi
Old 05-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Nothing more eye-opening than to be flying... and suddenly you're dropped back down to earth. I feel that's what happened here. Emmett wanted everything to be okay for himself and Ted, but Ted was too far gone to see how much he was hurting his friend. What sucks even more, he also tried to get Emmett into using, too. So glad Em was strong enough not to.
From things Emmett shared, it sounded like he had gone down a potentially similar road before and was unwilling to return to that life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
It could have ended desasterous if Em would have agreed and liked it.. it sure would have been the end of their friendship in one point...
Also, people who are doing meth are very dangerous people. They could have set the place on fire. They could have done something physical to Emmett than only verbally humiliate him. Ted mocked him and his success. The fact that Ted had sunk down that low, even though he was using, I wouldn't be able to separate it and blame the addiction. There was too much pain there.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Meth is a dangerous drug. I'm glad it didn't end as terribly as it could have.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread