Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Software Upgrade Announcement - Please Read!

just in case anyone missed the announcement posted by Jerry:

Hi everyone!

Over the next week, Fan Forum will be undergoing a long overdue software upgrade. This new software should improve board performance, provide new features, and increase the security of this site. Many thanks go to the Fan Forum moderators, who for the last few weeks have been helping to beta test the new site.

In order to move to the new system, the current Fan Forum boards, posts and users will be backed up Wednesday night, May 5. Posts made or user settings changed on the current boards after that will not show up on the new boards.

Important Information: Your Login ID in the new system will be your Publicly Displayed Name in the current system, rather than your Login Name in the current system. This means everyone needs to change their current Publicly Displayed Name to be what they want to be called in the new system by Wednesday, May 5, when the transfer will be done. Once your Login ID is set in the new system, you will not be able to change it!

Also note that custom avatars will have to be moved over manually, so make sure you have a copy to upload into the new system.

The switch will take place next weekend, May 8-9. Once the new site is opened, the current site will remain open for a time until we're sure the new system is working properly.

If you have any questions or problems during this process, please post them to the Software Upgrade Discussion Topic on the Questions & Answers board.

We look forward to seeing you all on the new and improved Fan Forum!

---------------------

so everyone make sure to be using the name you want to keep by May 5th, because it'll be the name you'll have in the new system. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

there will be several neat new features at the new site as well, so hopefully that'll make up for only having the one name option. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the info, Brian Kinney's muffin o love

I hope that the posts won't disappear like last september. And one week without F4F, I don't know if I can deal with that [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] I'll miss you guys !!!

OT : Brian Kinney's muffin o love: who are you going to be when the board re-open ? Cause I've just notice that you also are :Goddess Belladonna [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I guess I'll see [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Supreme Fan

they said posts made tomorrow & on friday won't be on the new board but we can always copy & paste them to the new board since both boards will be up for some time.

Quote:
And one week without F4F, I don't know if I can deal with that
and they said FF will be online all the time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela:
<STRONG>they said posts made tomorrow & on friday won't be on the new board but we can always copy & paste them to the new board since both boards will be up for some time.

and they said FF will be online all the time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Really ? Thank you ! I didn't understood everything very well (my english s*cks [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) That's very good news !!!
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia:
OT : Brian Kinney's muffin o love: who are you going to be when the board re-open ? Cause I've just notice that you also are :Goddess Belladonna [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I guess I'll see [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i'll still be Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but that'll be my only name then. i did consider changing it to something else, but eh. i like my name.

and yes, like galela said, any posts from after tonight won't be tranferred, but if you want to repost something to the new boards after they're up, that'll be fine. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

and, barring any unexpected problems, FF should not be going offline at all, since the management team will have both sites up and running before shutting this one down.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:46 AM
Supreme Fan

in happy mood

me likes dat new board!
some new features & yayyyy it's way faster than the old one!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

boom-shacka-lacka

hee. i'm afraid of what people are going to to once they figure out how to use the colors and large fonts.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:59 AM
Supreme Fan

oooooooooooooooooohweeeeeeeeeeeee

weren't we able to do that in the old board too? is that a new feature!?

i like how you can see the names of people surfing the board! you can pm them right away & ask them why they didn't post!

i'll need to get used to them switching buttons tho. at the bottom of the topic, the new thread button was on the left & the new reply was on the right. it's the other way around & i was about to post some new topics but realized it last second before hitting the submit button!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Master Fan

ooohhh-eeeeee-oooohh

yeah, i've hit the "Add Topic" button more than once already. that's gonna be fun.

changing the color or size of the text and the font options are new. the old board didn't have them.

wheeee!

Old 05-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Supreme Fan

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love
wheeee!
i don't think i'm ready for purple posts!

but i love the who's online board - even tho it's not always correct. it says i was browsing the dawsons creek board. i ain't never been there - not in my entire time at ff!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

heh. i've never really liked that feature on other message boards. luckily, you can turn it off.

purple posts forevah!

Old 05-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Supreme Fan

hit the wrong button AGAIN!

i'm gonna take some time to get used to those new buttons i'm tellin ya!