Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 08:31 PM
  #61
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,241
I think it's because sexuality means so much to so many people that they put their own beliefs into what it should or should not be, based on ideals they had drilled into them from the upbringing. It suffers from the same problem off which many ignorant attitudes are bred: the fact that the things many people have yet to fully come to terms with are the things we're most insecure about. People are always projecting their deep-rooted problems off the backs of others, and it causes them to act in such a terrible way.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:23 PM
  #62
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I think it's because sexuality means so much to so many people that they put their own beliefs into what it should or should not be, based on ideals they had drilled into them from the upbringing. It suffers from the same problem off which many ignorant attitudes are bred: the fact that the things many people have yet to fully come to terms with are the things we're most insecure about. People are always projecting their deep-rooted problems off the backs of others, and it causes them to act in such a terrible way.
Wow - that's very deep thoughts and I agree with them all - thanks Denise
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:32 AM
  #63
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I think it's because sexuality means so much to so many people that they put their own beliefs into what it should or should not be, based on ideals they had drilled into them from the upbringing. It suffers from the same problem off which many ignorant attitudes are bred: the fact that the things many people have yet to fully come to terms with are the things we're most insecure about. People are always projecting their deep-rooted problems off the backs of others, and it causes them to act in such a terrible way.
Denise, you always find so amazing explanations Thinking closer about that, you are absolutly right
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:22 AM
  #64
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
I think kids are brought up with the ideals pushed on them too - kids themselves aren't racist or horrible or homophobic when they are born - they accept what you tell them, so if you say this is ok or not ok they follow what you say.
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:13 PM
  #65
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Denise, you always find so amazing explanations Thinking closer about that, you are absolutly right
Don't know where all of that came form. I guess I was in my feelings that day and when that happens, it all pours out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I think kids are brought up with the ideals pushed on them too - kids themselves aren't racist or horrible or homophobic when they are born - they accept what you tell them, so if you say this is ok or not ok they follow what you say.
I absolutely agree. These evils that are steadily impacting humanity was NOT inherited. People need to stop teaching this vile s t and maybe our world wouldn't seem so doomed. Until that happens, though, we will continue our downfall as a society. Sad, depressing fact.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:47 PM
  #66
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
if only that would happen the world would be a better place
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:49 PM
  #67
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,241
Yeah... :sad: Hey, let's discuss something more cheerful.


Remember when Drew kissed Emmett in front of the whole nation?
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:27 PM
  #68
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Yeah... :sad: Hey, let's discuss something more cheerful.


Remember when Drew kissed Emmett in front of the whole nation?
this was a huge thing he outed himself with a huge entrance
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:27 AM
  #69
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:57 AM
  #70
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,969
Season 5....

Well, I was NOT expecting the bombing of Babylon. I did not see that coming at all. Biggest shock of the season for me. I sat straight up when that happened. But finally, FINALLY, Brian said I love you to Justin. Took you long enough, buddy.

Now, the ending--I liked it. As much as my fangirl heart wanted B&J together all happily ever after, it wouldn't have fit the show or done justice to their characters. I do think that they eventually got together down the line though.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 PM
  #71
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Season 5....

Well, I was NOT expecting the bombing of Babylon. I did not see that coming at all. Biggest shock of the season for me. I sat straight up when that happened. But finally, FINALLY, Brian said I love you to Justin. Took you long enough, buddy.

Now, the ending--I liked it. As much as my fangirl heart wanted B&J together all happily ever after, it wouldn't have fit the show or done justice to their characters. I do think that they eventually got together down the line though.
thebend was perfect .. almost.. one little thing would have made it complet.. a little appearence of Justin when Babylon reopened.. honestly.. no mattercwhat, he wouldn't have missed that..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:05 PM
  #72
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
thebend was perfect .. almost.. one little thing would have made it complet.. a little appearence of Justin when Babylon reopened.. honestly.. no mattercwhat, he wouldn't have missed that..
I was waiting for Justin to pop up. Even him just watching from the door or something. Like the last shot being him. But, I guess they wanted to leave it open-ended. The only solution is for a reunion haha
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:16 AM
  #73
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Season 5....

Well, I was NOT expecting the bombing of Babylon. I did not see that coming at all. Biggest shock of the season for me. I sat straight up when that happened. But finally, FINALLY, Brian said I love you to Justin. Took you long enough, buddy.

Now, the ending--I liked it. As much as my fangirl heart wanted B&J together all happily ever after, it wouldn't have fit the show or done justice to their characters. I do think that they eventually got together down the line though.
Ah I wasn't expecting the bombing either and was surprised totally I loved the I love you - and I thought Justin looked so hot in that jacket that little bit dirty




Ok - so the ending - I didn't like it and I don't think I ever will - I felt the characters had changed enough that they could be together I would have liked to see them together
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:35 AM
  #74
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Ah I wasn't expecting the bombing either and was surprised totally I loved the I love you - and I thought Justin looked so hot in that jacket that little bit dirty




Ok - so the ending - I didn't like it and I don't think I ever will - I felt the characters had changed enough that they could be together I would have liked to see them together
Yeeeeeeeees. I love that so much. It's like we were all Justin waiting for Brian to say I love you. Justin definitely looked hot. When Brian was looking for him, all worried, loved it!!

Just imagine if it ended with them kissing. Sigh.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 AM
  #75
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yeeeeeeeees. I love that so much. It's like we were all Justin waiting for Brian to say I love you. Justin definitely looked hot. When Brian was looking for him, all worried, loved it!!

Just imagine if it ended with them kissing. Sigh.
Oh that would've been a good spot to finish too Just knowing that they are together and happy and hearing the I love you - we would've been happy I think
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
discussion, queer as folk, season discussion


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST