Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 06:43 AM
  #31
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,241
Awww, they look so lovey.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:27 PM
  #32
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,216
Ahh...the wedding planning. It was sort of weird come to think of it...the planning of the wedding.
__________________
“Non siamo fatti per un singolo strumento; né tu né io.”
― André Aciman
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM
  #33
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
honestly, I would expect that Brian would give it completly to a weddingplanner..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM
  #34
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,216
That's true. No one could do it well enough for Brian.
__________________
“Non siamo fatti per un singolo strumento; né tu né io.”
― André Aciman
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:11 PM
  #35
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
and in Justins case, I wouldn't have wanted to be the one Brian could blame if something didn't turn out
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:37 AM
  #36
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,216
I used to think they were meant to be married, but I don't anymore. I do think they were meant to be together though.
__________________
“Non siamo fatti per un singolo strumento; né tu né io.”
― André Aciman
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:16 AM
  #37
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,241
They just did not seem the kind to marry, no matter how endearing I found the planning to be.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM
  #38
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I used to think they were meant to be married, but I don't anymore. I do think they were meant to be together though.
I think the whole world changed a bit in that mater.. in my eyes today you don't really have to proof being together anymore with getting married.. a few years ago it kind of was neccessary..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:39 AM
  #39
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
I always think they were meant to be together And for the 1000th time if the ending hadn't been so ambiguous we would've all been happier


Question - what did people think about Rosie O'Donnell being in season 5? Did you like her storyline? Do you think it was ok? Did it cover abuse ok or was it just a we want to cover this as another topic so let's chuck it in and get a big name to do it? I'm guessing Rosie liked being on the show though ?
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:38 PM
  #40
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Rosie was the woman who got Debbies job at the diner? who ran away from her husband?

I would say they handled the abuse topic ok with her in that short time.. if there would have been more episodes they would have been able to go deeper..

we are taking part again on the "one billion rising" against abuse this year that truly is a good cause.. on march 8th a lot of people around the world meet at the same time and perform a dance against abuse at home.., but can you believe that a teacher is against a thing like that I mean shouldn't they be a good example?? there is a couple who are teaching in two different schools that stop the schools from taking part.. their argument.. it doesn't change anything so we don't want the pupils to go there ..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:30 PM
  #41
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Yeah Rosie is the one who got abused by her husband. I just wonder if they put it in cause they said to themselves what is another issue we can cover? Cause it was so quickly done and dealt with. I wonder if it was also to bring another lesbian on the show? It would've been interesting to do a man being abused as that happens as well but is rarely talked about. Maybe if they were remaking the show they would do something like that?

I don't totally understand those teachers. I know and have heard before 'our one voice here won't make a difference' but later I have come to think that we need to stand up for things and for each other and if we don't use any voice then nothing will change and no one will stand up for anything. So it might not make much difference in the scheme of the world but it might make people think in your little corner of the world I know you know all that Daggi It's taken me a while to get there though Still learning how to do that as well because as teachers it's hard to do as there are restrictions in some cases as to what we can say and do in a public forum.
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:56 AM
  #42
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Yeah Rosie is the one who got abused by her husband. I just wonder if they put it in cause they said to themselves what is another issue we can cover? Cause it was so quickly done and dealt with. I wonder if it was also to bring another lesbian on the show? It would've been interesting to do a man being abused as that happens as well but is rarely talked about. Maybe if they were remaking the show they would do something like that?

I don't totally understand those teachers. I know and have heard before 'our one voice here won't make a difference' but later I have come to think that we need to stand up for things and for each other and if we don't use any voice then nothing will change and no one will stand up for anything. So it might not make much difference in the scheme of the world but it might make people think in your little corner of the world I know you know all that Daggi It's taken me a while to get there though Still learning how to do that as well because as teachers it's hard to do as there are restrictions in some cases as to what we can say and do in a public forum.
both of those schools took part on it last year, but then those teachers didn't have a say in it.. this year they do.. and it is exactly the way you say. even not seeing them little things matter, and even if it just an eyeopener..

you are right about a male being abuesd, but I think they wanted it to be a woman, cause we kind of already had toucht the mal topic with the bashing of Justin and Darren.. but what would have been interesting is to see a male being abused from his wife and not from an other man.. that is someting most people don't even think is possible, because those topics are being kept quiet.. a man still has to be the stronger and tougher one in our society so it simply isn't possible that that could happen
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:15 AM
  #43
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
both of those schools took part on it last year, but then those teachers didn't have a say in it.. this year they do.. and it is exactly the way you say. even not seeing them little things matter, and even if it just an eyeopener..

you are right about a male being abuesd, but I think they wanted it to be a woman, cause we kind of already had toucht the mal topic with the bashing of Justin and Darren.. but what would have been interesting is to see a male being abused from his wife and not from an other man.. that is someting most people don't even think is possible, because those topics are being kept quiet.. a man still has to be the stronger and tougher one in our society so it simply isn't possible that that could happen
Maybe those teachers will change their minds and realise - we can hope right?

You're right too about men being abused by women and it isn't talked about hardly ever because men are made to feel that they must be strong and not cry and not talk about these things. It makes it hard though for them

There was a bit though out QAF - Justin getting bashed, Darren like you said and I think Emmett was starting to be abused by Ted a bit - he was so high he didn't even realise how he was hurting Em. Those scenes must have been hard to do for them.
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:54 AM
  #44
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
There was a bit though out QAF - Justin getting bashed, Darren like you said and I think Emmett was starting to be abused by Ted a bit - he was so high he didn't even realise how he was hurting Em. Those scenes must have been hard to do for them.
It sure was.. especially between Scott an Peter.. they all were close
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:33 AM
  #45
Absolute Fan

 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 6,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
It sure was.. especially between Scott an Peter.. they all were close
It would be so hard to do that with friends who you are so close with as it would be so emotionally draining. On the other hand you wouldn't want to do it with a stranger as it is so personal and meaningful.
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
discussion, queer as folk, season discussion


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST