Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

well, even that would have been possible to explain with a little conversation.. so that's no excuse

icon by Daggi
Old 08-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

it as on page three

you always can find the threads in going through the pages or look them up in the intro thread OPs

icon by Daggi
Old 08-26-2018, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)

it as on page three

you always can find the threads in going through the pages or look them up in the intro thread OPs
Thanks for bumping all these season threads, Daggi! I'll have to read up and join the discussions soon!

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-27-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Thanks for bumping all these season threads, Daggi! I'll have to read up and join the discussions soon!
or just pop up with new ones

icon by Daggi
Old 08-27-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I really don't think that Justin ever would miss that event.. he would have done everything to be there
There's but so much you can compromise for love. Consequently, Brian knew this. Brian is a firm believer in achievement & success, so there's no way he was going to encourage him NOT to pursue his dreams. A very unselfish thing.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
or just pop up with new ones
Ha, I guess that's an option. I always feel like I have to read everything from before so I don't repeat it.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks Daggi

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-30-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Ha, I guess that's an option. I always feel like I have to read everything from before so I don't repeat it.
believe me.. not repeating something here isn't possible and we don't mind at all

icon by Daggi
Old 09-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

So, season 5...

Was everyone expecting Brian to say "I love you", or did it surprise you?

My first watch, I remember knowing it was coming when Brian hugs Justin and he squeezes the fabric on the back of his jacket up in his hand. I remember saying, out loud () "OMG, he's gonna say it!!"

Anyone else?

Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So, season 5...

My first watch, I remember knowing it was coming when Brian hugs Justin and he squeezes the fabric on the back of his jacket up in his hand. I remember saying, out loud () "OMG, he's gonna say it!!"

Anyone else?
I think by the time I saw it I knew the spoiler. If I didn't know though, I think I would have expected the great hug, but not the words. It was such a great 5 season build up!!

When I watch I usually have good ear buds on and I notice sometimes I can hear more in scenes with them than if I'm just listening without buds. After Brian says the second I love you while looking at Justin, I swear I can hear another muffled ILY as they hug. It's like Brian can't stop saying it. Does anyone else hear that or am I just hearing what I want~ lol?
Old 09-05-2018, 06:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So, season 5...

Anyone else?
ME. As soon as he hugged him I was like "oh God, this is it. Finally!" And then he said it and I just

Dlyn--Yeah, I do think he says it more than once. Unless I'm making it up as well haha
Old 09-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
I think by the time I saw it I knew the spoiler. If I didn't know though, I think I would have expected the great hug, but not the words. It was such a great 5 season build up!!

When I watch I usually have good ear buds on and I notice sometimes I can hear more in scenes with them than if I'm just listening without buds. After Brian says the second I love you while looking at Justin, I swear I can hear another muffled ILY as they hug. It's like Brian can't stop saying it. Does anyone else hear that or am I just hearing what I want~ lol?
Aww, boo. I'm SO happy I somehow managed to stay away from spoilers!! It was a great buildup...for the whole series. I was just rewatching the episode last night where Brian's talking about selling the loft and Justin's like, "You can't! It's where I made love for the first time." and then Brian says, "That wasn't love" and Justin says, "It was love to me" Then the way Brian looks at him, I'm like dude...he could've just said it right then. You can so see that he was feeling it.

I LOVE watching the show with headphones!!!!! You can pick up on SO much more with them! It's crazy! Little side conversations in the background I never knew happened, extra reactions from characters, music, etc. I actually prefer huddling in front of my small laptop with headphones at night to watching on my big TV. It's way more intimate and I get way more immersed. Plus I especially love when Brian talks.... There are certain scenes I rewind just to listen to Gale's voice again...

I'm not sure if there's a third ILY or not! I'll let you know what I discover once I get to that episode! There's definitely two that are very audible. I always thought after the second one that they just hug, but maybe....

Quote:
ME. As soon as he hugged him I was like "oh God, this is it. Finally!" And then he said it and I just

Dlyn--Yeah, I do think he says it more than once. Unless I'm making it up as well haha
Yesss, haha we were on the same page!

Old 09-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm surprised I didn't see any spoilers for any of the show, at all, while watching it.

Like the bombing. I did not see that coming at all and when it happened, I sat upright immediately and was like WTF

However--after Brian and Justin got engaged, I was like--mmm it's not going to end with them getting married. I just felt it.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I'm surprised I didn't see any spoilers for any of the show, at all, while watching it.

Like the bombing. I did not see that coming at all and when it happened, I sat upright immediately and was like WTF

However--after Brian and Justin got engaged, I was like--mmm it's not going to end with them getting married. I just felt it.
I sadly came across a fanvid that spoilerd me for the bombing.. short before I came to that episode.. but it wasn't less impressing and scary

icon by Daggi
Old 09-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)

I stayed away from fanvids and forums until after I'd completed my whole first watchthrough. (Not that it took me long to get through the whole series, either. :lol)

I didn't see the bombing coming, either! Until there was that white light and then I was like oh no... That episode breaks my heart. Last time I watched it I started crying like as soon as Cindy Lauper took the stage.

Side note...does anyone else think the bloody heeled shoe on the stage makes it look like Cindy Lauper died?! I always think that. But she didn't.

Hmm, I don't remember having a prediction about them getting married or not. I just felt very shocked about the whole thing, I think.

That's sad the bombing was spoiled for you, Daggi.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread