Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Callie's parents were so freaking ignorant... like, damn.
And by then, 2004/5, there was absolutely no damned excuse for it
Old 06-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
And by then, 2004/5, there was absolutely no damned excuse for it
there was never an excuse for it... it for sure scares you at first to hear about somebody having HIV, especially somebody your kid is involved in, but you always have the posibility to teach yourself about it...

they just where too ignorant to informa and deal with it on a responsible way... and no matter which time we live in.. people with no tolerance and not understanding will always be there...

icon by Daggi
Old 06-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

People are always going to be afraid of stuff they don't identify with or understand, it's a defense mechanism. The problem is having such a mechanism will almost always cause a person to have a complex, which manifests its self by making a person act like a complete and utter ignoramus to others.

Callie's parents were so wrong. They should have adopted attitudes similar to those of Debbie's, but no.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 06-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
People are always going to be afraid of stuff they don't identify with or understand, it's a defense mechanism. The problem is having such a mechanism will almost always cause a person to have a complex, which manifests its self by making a person act like a complete and utter ignoramus to others.

Callie's parents were so wrong. They should have adopted attitudes similar to those of Debbie's, but no.
There is no reason nowadays, and even 10 years back, to act like that. there are so much possibilities to teach yourself about all those thiings... as I said, sure they worried about Callie, but they also have tought her to be responsible and careful.... in Callies case, both, Hunter and Callie knew that there is a risc when they slept together... I don't want to know how many teens aren't carful without knowing that probably one of the partner could be sick... ... they should be proud of them and not so ignorant..

icon by Daggi
Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess it wasn't just finding out he was HIV+. It was him bleeding in the pool (because it's transmitted through blood) and he contracted it from having sex with men (for money).

So even the most well informed people would have had a problem with it.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I guess it wasn't just finding out he was HIV+. It was him bleeding in the pool (because it's transmitted through blood) and he contracted it from having sex with men (for money).

So even the most well informed people would have had a problem with it.
That was were the hell broke loose.... but they already made a scene out of it when they came to Michales appartment after they read Callies diary... they cornerd Hunter into telling them were he got it and weren't really understanding with him being positiv from the begining on...

icon by Daggi
Old 06-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's really strange when I think back to my own life in London in the 80s and 90s because, obviously, we all know that it was called the "gay plague" when HIV first started to decimate the gay community in SF and beyond in the early to mid 80s .. but by the late 80s and early 90s education on the disease was widespread and we were well aware ~ in the UK ~ how it could and could not be transmitted.

This is why I don't understand why liberal parents like Callie's were reacting like uptight Republicans in 2005 to this disease .. it just made no sense. If they had been uptight Repubs then yes, it would have been understandable but ..

OMB, they had someone at the meeting to explain the minuscule risk of contamination and still they act like they did .. nope, don't get it.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
It's really strange when I think back to my own life in London in the 80s and 90s because, obviously, we all know that it was called the "gay plague" when HIV first started to decimate the gay community in SF and beyond in the early to mid 80s .. but by the late 80s and early 90s education on the disease was widespread and we were well aware ~ in the UK ~ how it could and could not be transmitted.

This is why I don't understand why liberal parents like Callie's were reacting like uptight Republicans in 2005 to this disease .. it just made no sense. If they had been uptight Repubs then yes, it would have been understandable but ..

OMB, they had someone at the meeting to explain the minuscule risk of contamination and still they act like they did .. nope, don't get it.
neither do I... In my eyes they simply overreacted... and what circumstances were involved why Hunter was positive, didn't count at all... for them he just was, I don't even know how to call it, a threat? not worth to have a relationship with their daughter?

icon by Daggi
Old 06-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

This might be easier for me to say because I've never been in such a situation but... as long as Hunter and Callie were taking the proper measures to keep Callie safe from the risk of exposure, she would be okay. I don't see why Hunter had to be condemned by the parents the way he was. I can certainly understand their position as well, though, being that they were the parents, and Callie was their one and only daughter. It's only natural they would want to protect their child from potential danger... kinda how Debbie behaved when she found out Ben was positive and dating her son. Still they blew the whole thing out of proportion and managed to turn the entire school against him in the process.

He couldn't even show his face again.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This might be easier for me to say because I've never been in such a situation but... as long as Hunter and Callie were taking the proper measures to keep Callie safe from the risk of exposure, she would be okay. I don't see why Hunter had to be condemned by the parents the way he was. I can certainly understand their position as well, though, being that they were the parents, and Callie was their one and only daughter. It's only natural they would want to protect their child from potential danger... kinda how Debbie behaved when she found out Ben was positive and dating her son. Still they blew the whole thing out of proportion and managed to turn the entire school against him in the process.

He couldn't even show his face again.
Denise, you are absolutely right hun .. and that is why Mikey and Ben were safe too when it came to sex

Oh my .. this post was just about the last I read this morning before I had to leave .. and this was the first track on the CD I played in my car .. It was uncanny

Hunter walking into school when word has spread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cFDr-8yDk

Old 06-30-2016, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

sadly I can't watch the vid Debs.. again..

how about Justin and Tucker?

I wonder why Justin had so much trouble accepting him without even knowing him..

icon by Daggi
Old 07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Tucker was so gorgeous. He and Jennifer made such a cute couple, and I'd love to believe they stayed together.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Tucker was so gorgeous. He and Jennifer made such a cute couple, and I'd love to believe they stayed together.
I love that thought too they made a beautiful match and he made Jennifer feell attractive

icon by Daggi
Old 07-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Infinity kiss

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread