Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Season 4 - Has Qaf lost its edge?

i've seen this discussion on other boards & thought i'd start it over here as well. i thought it was pretty interesting what people had to say.

So, we've seen 5 episodes of this season. Scott told us before the season started the boys are becoming men & the sex per episode ratio would go down. we've seen one real b/j sex scene & the be/m one. furthermore, brian's assh*le attitude has definitely softened a lot. We've seen the boys partying & having sex in season 1, now it seems like they're growing up. We get to see less sex, hardly any partying, the boys stay mostly at home now, settle down.

do you think qaf lost some of its drive? how do you like the new season compared to the other seasons & especially compared to season one?

Last edited by galela; 05-21-2004 at 07:05 AM
galela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Well I think its different...not in a bad way. I do miss the fun and playful side of Brian, but I like that we are starting to see a deeper side of him. I miss the younger Justin for some reason, don't get me wrong...I like this one (and I'm starting to dig the new hair).

But...the edge, by which I mean the sex..has gone way down...but I'm ok with that.

One question...speaking of edge...Has Brian tricked since the season started?
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vintage
Has Brian tricked since the season started?
we haven't seen him do it, i guess that doesn't mean it's not happening.

i have to say i started watching because of the explicit sex scenes. honestly. i kept watching because of brian/gale (i still don't know what it really is. gale is just incredible on screen but i do love brian so i guess it's the combination of both, the character & the actor).
i love the maturing of the characters. i don't understand people who say they don't see a development in the characters. to me, the development in the characters is quite obvious.

esp brian, michael & justin have come a long, long way since first season.

i didn't really like season 3. most of the storylines made me roll my eyes & i was watching cause gale was on the show & he was having some incredible hot sex scenes. it definitely wasn't great writing that kept me watching. they rushed through the storylines, characters were changed just to fit the storylines & nothing really fit together. and brian saving the world from an evil politician & then solve a murder? please. it was really a bit too much.

i love this season tho. the writing is much better. stories aren't too far off. there's still some stories i don't like but overall, i really enjoy the writing & the storylines & i don't really miss the sex. the chair sex made up for the missing b/j sex big time the naked wrestling was hot. i feel like the sex scenes this season aren't sex for sex sake, they did say something. like justin & his power trip.

i love season 4. so far, it's probably my fave season.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela
we haven't seen him do it, i guess that doesn't mean it's not happening.
True...

Brian solving the murder was sorta...I dunno. But I stuck by it and rode it out till the end. But this season is by far different.

I still have to say season 2 is my fave.

Oh! and the "chair sex" in this season...uber hott.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Supreme Fan

i'm a huge season 2 fan myself. but i'm also a spoiler b!tch. i know what's gonna come in season 4 & saw the bad spoiler clips (my lips are sealed) & i'm majorly impressed with what's gonna come. for me, it's better than 214 - and that's huge for me to say
Old 05-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
i'm a huge season 2 fan myself. but i'm also a spoiler b!tch. i know what's gonna come in season 4 & saw the bad spoiler clips (my lips are sealed) & i'm majorly impressed with what's gonna come. for me, it's better than 214 - and that's huge for me to say

Ok....You've peaked my curiosity...can you PM me?
Old 06-10-2004, 04:02 AM
Supreme Fan

we've now seen half of the season (*weeps*) & i love this new season. i still don't miss the sex. i feel that some of the drama is just drama for drama's sake & some of it really doesn't make much sense to me. like the fight between vic & debbie or ben being really bitter about michael's success. but generally, i love the drama & even if some of it makes me roll my eyes i enjoy it.

i like michael this season.

i LOVE justin. i've always liked him but this season he's just extremely sexy & goofy & playful & i love that mixture.

i love teddy. i've never been a fan of ted's but this season, i really do enjoy most of his scenes. esp that scene with michael in 408. 407 making peace with emmett was just -- awwww.

the season's passing by too fast, tho. i can't believe we're already in 409!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Hi all,

Well I'm watching the 1st season right now, I have the other 2 aswell. I was curious cause series 1 is interesting I'm actuall sad cause the J/B scenes are nearer the end. However I hope while you guys are watching it that series 4 is just getting better... maybe it is time for them to grow up, but lets keep the sexual activity going for a while hey*

orton
xxx

Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Supreme Fan

don't worry. there's enough of it in seasons 1 to 3.

did i really just say "enough"? - there can never be enough naked skin when it comes to this show
Old 06-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
don't worry. there's enough of it in seasons 1 to 3.

did i really just say "enough"? - there can never be enough naked skin when it comes to this show
Well I'm happy then you made my day girl

Orton
xxx

Old 06-17-2004, 04:17 AM
Supreme Fan

don't you worry about sex in qaf even tho the spe (sex per episode) ratio has gone down this season - the sex that is there is ... rarrrrrrr
Old 06-17-2004, 02:25 PM
New Fan

Well, I just purchased the first season DVD and of course it's 'All about sex..." lol.

Naw; what I mean is...it's really weird because there is A LOT of sex in the first season...So here I am watching the first season DVD's and then watching the Fourth season on television and there is a BIG difference...It really has toned down.

But, I can see why it has happened...They are all more mature now...They're not the 'little boys' they used to be. It makes sense...I'm not the same person I was three years ago and they shouldn't be either.

Regardless, I still consider this to be the best show on televison; sex or no sex!!!!!! (Although, the sex is nice! lmao!!!!!!)
Lady Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Babylon
But, I can see why it has happened...They are all more mature now...They're not the 'little boys' they used to be. It makes sense...I'm not the same person I was three years ago and they shouldn't be either.
ita. it'd be lame if they still were hanging out at woody's & babylon all the time looking for someone to go home or to the backroom with ... altho i kinda miss the backroom ... but it seems like this season the sex scenes is not just sex, it's got more meaning to it. like the two sex scenes we saw with brian & justin - the chairsex & the naked wrestling - it wasn't just them having sex, it was a way to show the consequences of justin's bashing or the pink posse. the power he felt he needed to have also became a part of their sex life.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
don't you worry about sex in qaf even tho the spe (sex per episode) ratio has gone down this season - the sex that is there is ... rarrrrrrr
Yeah Yeah thats true I agree with both of you two. The sex scenes are a good assest to the show, but as you said Galela their not little boys anymore... tell you the truth I didn't like the backroom action... I just like the Justin and Brian action

Old 06-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
tell you the truth I didn't like the backroom action...
seriously!? qaf without the backroom just wouldn't be the same! and there's some scene that include both, the backroom and b/j!