Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

What an up and down episode. One minute I'm crying and the next I'm grinning from ear to ear.

I found a lot of the scenes in this episode hard to watch. The Ted/Blake scenes, Brian talking about death constantly, Brian blowing up at Justin, Deb and her rush to have a perfect party for Vic, Hunter dealing with the whole Vic situation, and the angel breaking was the icing on the cake. I litterally couldn't watch some of these scenes, I had to peak through my fingers because watching them just made me uncomfortable and the ones I did watch had me in tears. What can I say Queer as Folk (well QAF and Oz) are always good at making me an emotional wreck.

On the other hand I was delighted to see Emmett and Ted friendly again, the return of Chanda Leer, watching Brian and Gus interact, Ted not falling back into his addiction, and Brian going ahead with the surgery.

I would definately say this is my favorite episode thus far this season. After watching the previews for next week I can say I don't think I like where things are heading.

I guess I'm torn like most of you, I'm excited about all the new episodes, but at this rate the seasons gonna be over in no time and then another 9 month wait.
Sway4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I absolutely loved this episode. It felt longer than normal too, which was nice.

- Vic's funeral was pretty well done - I'm not surprised Deb didn't speak. I kinda wish Brian had. I got a little teary-eyed, which is good. I felt guilty about being stoned during 406 and not feeling ANYTHING when Vic died.

- Mel/Linds - I feel bad because they kinda bore me, but I liked their involvement. It was nice to see Gus/Brian/Linds together...we definitely need more Brian/Gus time. So cute that they were sitting together and when Brian said, "boop!" and took off Gus' hat.

- Ted/Emmett/Blake - I know they're not all related, but I'm glad Ted's realized that he needs some time for himself. Maybe he'll be able to focus on becoming friends with Emmett - it seems like they're already on their way, huh? I thought for sure Emmett was going to find the Crystal in the couch somehow. Glad he didn't, and I really liked the scene where Ted dumps it out as the snow started falling.

- Ben/Michael/Hunter - The scene where Ben/Michael walk in and find Hunter smoking pot cracked me up. I'm glad Ben helped Michael wake up to the fact that Hunter's freaking out about the HIV thing. It doesn't really seem like Ben/Michael have been in-sync this season though, hope this tension goes away. Kinda seems like it might come to the surface next week though.

- Brian/Michael - Cute scene, though Brian seemed so disengaged. I'm sure it's because he was lost in his own thoughts. I thought he might tell Michael about the possible cancer.

- Brian/Justin - Um, I adored all their scenes. Poor Justin! Freakin' out, trying to figure out what's up. Too weird to see Brian turning down sex from anyone, let alone Justin. Cute throwbacks to past eps (218 floor picnic, 216 tricks to make the other feel better). The end scene was just so intense. I couldn't believe it when Brian came back after yelling at Justin. You could tell he really felt bad and regretted what he had said. Justin's reaction was just priceless - the stunned look on his face, then agreement. The "I love you" was just so amazing - you could tell it really impacted Brian.

- Next week looks realllllly really intense. Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

AH! How could I have forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of the episode?!

Brian/Gus time! SO SO SO CUTE. Watching James Dean...heh. Classic Brian...totally taking that whole "Live beautiful, die young" bit to heart. His interaction with Gus is precious though...and the baby that plays Gus is so freaking adorable!! (Glad they finally stuck with one baby instead of the rotating babies. Hehe.)
Old 05-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

oh my god, Brian with Gus! that was so so sweet. anti-daddy my ass.

and finally, Showtime pictures.

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I love how three of the four pictures are all bright and sparkley and Christmasy. Ooooo...preeeeeetty. And I love how Rodney's in two of them...well, fully in two and partially in the third.

Ben rocks the pink. Or is that salmon? Hehe.

And how funny would it be if Jack Wetherall was just like...randomly chilling out in one of those behind the scenes pictures at the cemetary?
Old 05-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

i thought about that! i'd totally be hanging out around the set if it were me. not only would it sort of fulfill the "attending your own funeral" fantasy most people have had at some point, but it would make it that much harder for the other actors to pretend to grieve. hee.

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I've been in a bit of a bad mood tonight (blames LJ), so it's probably affected my viewing. Anyhoo ...

- No comment on Brian and his Bad News. I've seen it. Sue me. I downloaded some clips a while back.
- Hunter's in grade 10? That only makes him, what? 15? 16? Guess I forgot. Makes sense now with the whole "he's a brat" thing.
- I know I should be finding Vic's funeral sad because I love me some Vic, but I'm not.
- Deb's very convincing with the grief. Maybe Brian too. Mikey sounds like he needs a cough drop.
- Who's the dude next to Justin?
- Nice touch with the families walking together: Deb/Mikey, Emm with Ted just behind because they're still separated, Mel/Linds, Ben/Hunter, Brian/Justin/Jenn.
- I love Rodney. Can he stay?
- Everyone eats Thai food in fanfic. About time it made its way onto the show.
- Ted, as much as I hate to say it, I don't think Blake's into it.
- Hunter's obviously freaked and acting out. I've really warmed up to the kid this season.
- My god, Michael, learn how to hold a joint.
- Yeeeeeah. B/J's all about sex, right? Pshaw. That's why there's only been one real sex scene between them all season. I really prefer scenes like this when they're just making out and being all intimate and couple-y.
- Ooops. Got a little close to the ball there Justin.
- Emmett, just let her have Christmas if it makes her feel better. Deb's a little weird sometimes. You should know that by now.
- Ted's kinda creepy when he's in sex mode. He's freaking me out. No wonder Blake's not in the mood.
- (I saw Dean pubes!)
- Blake forgot his shirt.
- Should it be so hard to find the reindeer? Christmas was only two months ago, apparently. Didn't Deb have them out then?
- Gus! They finally remembered that Brian's his father. Not that other guy they stuck him with in the promo pics for some whacked out reason.
- Did Ben and Michael buy Brian's old kitchen table?
- As usual Mikey speaks first, thinks later. Selfish much? I know it sucks that Vic died, but Hunter's obviously having a hard time of it. Lay off and try to help him. Good for Ben for seeing it.
- Give me a break, Ted. Blake rebuffs you and go looking for drugs? Real serious about your recovery, aren't you?
- Emmett and Justin need more scenes together. Bad advice, Emm, but love your shirt.
- Brian totally wanted in on that foursome. Couldn't he have just stayed and watched? Heh.
- Twenty bucks Justin sent the tricks away.
- I know that park!
- Hee. Emm's so funny. "Cheerio!" Make up already you two! Yay, they did! I think.
- Brian to Mikey: "It could be you." Here's hoping. (I kid! I kid!)
- Good grief, Michael, hands where I can see them. Go drool on your own boyfriend. Remember him? You were worried about him dying a minute ago. Sure got over that quick enough. I might have felt for him before he started pawing Brian. And they say he's over him. Ha! He's not interested, Mikey, and neither am I, so go away.
- Awww, Ted and Blake. Now there's a far more interesting dynamic and a much more satisfying scene.
- I love that Cynthia's not afraid to bitch at the boss.
- "Ball and chain." And he says they're not married?
- He's sowwy for yelling, Justin. Brian Kinney does apologize. Just tell him, Brian! God. These frigging people and their lack of communication.
- Chanda Leer! This show needs more drag queens.
- I hate egg nog three.
- Knew the angel was gonna fall. Deb just can't catch a break.
- Brian shouldn't be alone. Justin, Michael, and Lindsay should be there. The stubborn git.

Good ep. I'll have to watch it again when I'm happy, high, or both.

Last edited by ~ Liz ~; 05-31-2004 at 09:06 PM
~ Liz ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love
this episode was all about the tear-jerking. AGAIN.

oh Brian. the scene in the loft with him and Justin, being adorably domestic just... i squeed. a lot. so so cute. Justin's head in Brian's lap! and not in an "oral gratification" way! aww! then Brian's poor hurt weewee made me sad.

Brian's office is just orgasm-inspiring. maybe i watch too much HGTV, but DAMN. it's like, if sex was a room, that's what it would look like. **licks office**

Debbie... i wanted to cry through all her scenes. the frantic Christmas-in-February party for Vic. and the angel breaking. just.. god. poor Deb.

Ben looked especially yummy this evening. i don't know. there was something about the hair.

the Ted/Blake and Ted/Emmett things... this had better not be the last we see of Blake, dammit! i didn't wait this long, and live through this many of Kelly's delusions, just to watch Blake walk away now! no, he shouldn't have slept with Ted, 'cause of the counselor status, but he should have thought of that before now! and not given us hope! also, i'm glad Em has let go of the anger. **pets Emmett**
What she said.

I liked this episode a lot... next week looks... arrrrgh, I wish I was spoiled sometimes... why did I try not to be again?? AND I won't even be able to watch it until I come back the Wednesday after it aires... Yikes. I need a hug.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
briansluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Liz ~
- Ted's kinda creepy when he's in sex mode. He's freaking me out. No wonder Blake's not in the mood.
- Should it be so hard to find the reindeer? Christmas was only two months ago, apparently. Didn't Deb have them out then?
These two thoughts crossed my mind exactly.

Ted IS creepy in bed. I'd want to run the hell away, too.

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Supreme Fan

everything's pretty much been said already.

about the reindeers - i think debbie mentioned when em was still there that they hadn't taken down the reindeers for years but this xmas would be like the entire show (something like that).

gus talked!!!!!!! did anyone catch what he whispered after brian told him the "he also knew how to die" remark?

after having seen the entire episode the symbolism of the lamps became clear. with just the spoiler clips i didn't really get the "three lamps" thing. but with the full episode. gus. michael. justin.

and the watch. first time i noticed his wristwatch in 406 when the doctor trick gave him the blowjob. in the past 3 season he never wore a watch. and now the watch is the only thing you see before he opens the door to the loft in the scene with justin & the two tricks. it's pretty much a black screen & brian's watch. time is ticking away.

i love this season. more & more.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela

after having seen the entire episode the symbolism of the lamps became clear. with just the spoiler clips i didn't really get the "three lamps" thing. but with the full episode. gus. michael. justin.

i love this season. more & more.
Wow, I never really thought about the possible symbolism there. He turned off two lamps, and then grabbed and smashed the third, correct? Interesting. Has that been discussed anywhere else? I'd be curious to hear more about it.

I'm absolutely loving this season. I'm so sad it's already half over!!
Old 06-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

So, which one represented the third, smashed lamp?

Interesting bit on symbolism, galela...especially the observation about the watch.

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
Old 06-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I would ASSUME that he's frustrated about Justin telling him "I love you" and not being able to tell Justin about the cancer. I don't know, that's the B/J fan in me, maybe it's different. I just would've assumed that because it was directly after their conversation. It's probably just Brian frustrated about everything in general - things being so out of control.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would ASSUME that he's frustrated about Justin telling him "I love you" and not being able to tell Justin about the cancer.
That's very likely. I'm sure it was extremely frustrating, and there were two times I felt like Brian was just on the cusp of telling Justin and Michael...but alas, nope.

So, I'm watching the rerun, and maybe it's the girly-girl in me, but I absolutely adore the gentle, lovey-dovey, non-sexed up moments of B/J. ...and I'm not a B/J shipper! lol I just loved the interaction between Brian and Justin as Justin "reads" his fortune. It almost seems surreal watching Brian behave in that way.

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Aw, you're cute hehe. It's just interesting because most of the B/M fans say that Justin and Brian are merely sex buddies - that their "relationship" is based solely on sex...when in actuality, I'm pretty sure we've only had like one full blown sex scene between them this season. Most of the other B/J scenes have been them talking to each other, interacting in public, etc. Yes, obviously they're both very sexual, but there seems to be a lot more to their relationship. They're too very intelligent people who respect each other and care about what the other has to say (even Pissed Off Justin, who acted like he didn't, hee)