Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Season 4, Episode 6 (5/23/04)

from www.tvguide.com -

Debbie (Sharon Gless) continues to clash with Vic over his perceived snubs, but she soon regrets it; Michael and Justin get an offer to turn their comic strip into a movie; Ted tries to make amends with Emmett, but Emmett's not having it.

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG! this thread was posted soooooo late!!!!

also, one hour!!!!!!! yay!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

i completely forgot about it. :/

i am teh suk!!111!

Old 05-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode had me all over the place. It was like this:

I honestly didn't like this episode much. Seemed a bit like filler. So much happened in one episode and I feel like it basically served as a knot to tie together the first few episodes and the rest of the season.

I got pissed at or annoyed with basically everyone in this episode except for like...Hunter and Blake. The amount of times I grimaced and/or rolled my eyes at my TV screen was too high to count. Bah.

So yea...Vic dying. So sad. (But like I didn't see that coming from Peter's little speech in the beginning of the ep. They should have saved that for the end!) It was sort of random, though...it's like one of the main purposes of him dying and Debbie being pissed at him before he died was to make Emmett realize he can't stay mad at Ted forever. Now THERE'S an odd way to do that.

This was the first episode I really got pissed at Brian, too. I mean...it's like him to say what he said to Deb. And I sort of agreed with it. But for him to just walk out and try to go back to that bet. Bah. And then CowLip goes all heavy handed (no pun intended) and makes the trick a doctor...so odd. Sheesh. But I have faith that Brian will live...because I think they're smart enough to know if they kill Brian off, they'll have thousands of angry women beating down their doors.

The Brian/Justin storyline in general was funny (Hehe...crabs!) but just totally weird.

Um, the good things. Ted/Blakey. SO CUTE. Yay!

Hunter and Michael on the couch watching movies...teehee. I love them. Michael's the fun daddy, Ben's the strict daddy. Haha.

And I like Rodney. He's hot for an older guy.

So I really have nothing left to say except that I was sort of disappointed...they hyped the episode so much and I was a little let down. (Maybe that's because I was semi-spoiled by a friend of a friend. Bah.)
Old 05-23-2004, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

i'm going to pretend i didn't see that BKMOL!!!! :O

omg, they killed vic!!! those bastards!!! if i wasn't so spoiled, i probably would have cried.

still no like the lesbians storylines. bo-ring!!!! the thing with lindsay isn't going to be pretty, i'm sure.

the kinnetic party, brian kissing justin in front of the whole party! whee!!!

ted and blake kissing. almost as cute as brian and justin's kisses!!

the gym thing was so funny. loved brian's reaction!

i still heart hunter.

the end...poor brian...
Old 05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

ahhh! they killed vic?

oh man. i am sorely missing my showtime right now.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Worst. Episode. Ever.

aside from THE OBVIOUS, i hated Lindsay getting ****tified just to get a show. also hated Ben becoming a big giant downer, even though i get that he was burned by his publisher and is now pissed at the entertainment profession in general.

i heart Brian & Justin. and Brian's crabs. and Justin's hair growing out. and Cynthia. that's... pretty much it.

Old 05-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the episode was bad, Jamie. I normally never check the clock, but I think I checked it two or three times during this episode.

And those pictures...Gale...JESUS. So gorgeous. It's RIDICULOUS. *fans self*

Red tie AND pinstripes!
Old 05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

i just wanted it to end. i've NEVER felt like that before.

the Brian pretty was one of the few highlights. pinstripes!!

Old 05-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I...kinda like the ep. All the Justin and Brian moments we're uber cute! When he was telling Brian about the movie deal, and Justin was all hype, and Brian was kinda like yeah yeah. And then while at Babylon the cute foot action, and the whole "he's totally checking me out"

When Debbie and Vic tried to make up...and when it didn't go so well...I knew then something was going to happen soon. I am spoiled, but...I thought the way they killed him was kinda...it could have been more. But him going peacefully was cool. (Hold on, I'm watching it again....) OK, sorry... I can't even begin to imagine how Deb must be feeling. And my mom cried. This was the first ep that her and I have sat down and watched an ep together...she's kinda touchy on that issue, and I'm trying to open her mind up a little, and I did. Her and my uncle (her brother) have been fighting for a long time, and the whole thing with Deb and Vic really opened her eyes...ya know...you don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow.

My mom said she really liked the show, and she loved when Lindsey popped that guy in the nose.

all in all...I liked it, didn't love it...but liked it.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Wow... ok, for not being spoiled this year? Yeesh. I cried... I am such a sap. Poor Vic.

I agree that it wasn't the best episode, and it was very random having the bet trick a doc. Next week looks all kinds of angsty.

I agree that if anything ever happens to Bri, there will be a massive straight woman uproar!

Anyhoo... not being spoiled this season is a *****!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
briansluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Huh? What's this about Brian nearly getting killed off? Exactly how sad is Vic's death?? Please tell an Aussie girl for the sake of her QAF withdrawal!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:06 AM
EVY
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Can't Behr 2 B Without Josh
Huh? What's this about Brian nearly getting killed off? Exactly how sad is Vic's death?? Please tell an Aussie girl for the sake of her QAF withdrawal!
Well, I wasn't spoiled. I watched the previews last week and was really unsure who was going to die. I was a little "miffed" at the way they picked and chose those clips...really didn't give anything away.

I like Vic. I was sorry he died although I was expecting it to be really emotional and I didn't think it was. He basically went peacefully, alone in front of the TV. Perhaps next weeks episode when they have the funeral I'll get a bit choked up.

As for Brian, I don't think they'll "kill him off", however a little problem with the testes may make him think about his current lifestyle coupled with Vic's death--perhaps his own mortality will become an issue and he look to Justin for comfort.

Disliked Debbie and Emmet in the last couple of episodes. I understand they've been hurt.....but damn.

Last edited by EVY; 05-24-2004 at 08:43 AM
EVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Supreme Fan

too much forced drama...

i love season 4 justin. keeps getting better & better. first sexy & aggressive, now all playful & just goofy & happy i love those little faces he did in that episode. or the way he said "jt's going to hollywood & be a STAAAH!" tee hee randy's hot with that hair. dayum!
the switch from agressive to happy was a bit too fast but it's only 14 episode - i'll forgive em that.

the fight between deb & vic was yeaaah riiiiight. really, just to make vic's death as much drama as possible. it didn't really make sense. i don't like how bitter debbie is. it doesn't seem very debbie-ish to me. that bothered me in the previous episodes but in this episodes it was the worst ever. brillian writing cowlip

brian. *sighs* hot hot hot. but - i have to disagree, jamie. i felt it wasn't a brian thing to say what he told deb when he got there. ok, brian can be a heartless ***** but to be *that* honest in that kinda situation. he could've chosen some other words & they just made him say that to add more drama. but his reaction to her slapping him was very brian to me. brian's way to deal with problems is sex. that made sense to me & that's what i had expected.

the trick - the doctor. ok, very much to get your eyes rolling but i love the storylines that's gonna come now so i won't complain about that.

lindsay - please! not very linds-like & just too stupid to even comment on really. but that's gonna be one of the scenes i'll fast forward through when watching the episode in the future.

teddy. i love season 4 teddy. not as much as s4 justin but after brian & justin, teddy's become my fave character on the show.

all in all - i wasn't as bored as last week. it was better than last week but not as good as 404.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I seem to definitely be in the minority here. I liked this episode. It wasn't FANTASTIC by any standards, but I enjoyed it a lot. It entertained me.

Michael irritated me when he was yelling at Ben FOR STATING THE TRUTH. Asshat.

I've also noticed I have more tolerance for the lesbians than most. I don't always hold my breath for their storylines (and in fact, this episode I was even like "oh, crap, Lindsay is getting a storyline" - but that's only 'cuz every other one she's had has been pretty stupid) but they don't usually bore me out of my mind. Eh. To each his own.

Blake was back! And KISSING Ted! I was squeeing. Muchly. I freaking love them. I want them to get back together already.

Vic's death didn't upset me as much as I was hoping (?) it would. I love things that make me cry but that really wasn't all that...emotional, I guess. I mean, it sucks that he's gone 'cuz I liked the character. But I didn't cry over it.

I'll save the other stuff for my livejournal. Where I can gush.