Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Season 4, Episode 4 (5/09/04

reposting all replies to the original episode thread.

Posted 05-08-2004 09:22 PM by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love

woot woot!

Posted 05-08-2004 09:35 PM by katerin

um, there isn't a new episode tomorrow.

hee, i almost did the wrong smilie!

and SQUEE! the previews, since i am unspoiled, look angsty much.

Posted 05-08-2004 09:44 PM by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love

STOP MOCKING MY INSECURITY, HO!

also, yes, there appears to be much angst. **unspoiled as well**

Posted 05-09-2004 11:19 AM by galela

you know what's weird? having watched those spoilerish sandstorm clips & not remembering what's gonna happen! am i really that old already?

if it were on at 10pm central european time it would be 2 hours & 40 minutes left

Posted 05-09-2004 08:02 PM by The Queen of Babylon

This is my first week this season watching an episode AS IT AIRS!

Posted 05-09-2004 08:54 PM by Misguided Angel

*SQUEEE* Nekkid wrestling. Yeah, baby!

What a coinkydink…Cody and Justin go to church in time for the Leviticus sermon. This “Posse Business” needs to go far away.

Jeez, Mikey. There’s this four letter word you seem to be unfamiliar with…T-A-C-T.

I have this strange urge to watch Porky’s. That sex scene with Emmett and his new guy was classic.

I loved how Brian stuck around with Ted and didn’t just run out on him once Ted cracked the code.

I think we now know why we have a lip synching waiter.

Cheesiest line of the season thus far? Is there any doubt? You wanna play with it? baaaaaaad…and not in the naughty, good way.

---Amy

Posted 05-09-2004 09:05 PM by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love

also, in case anyone was wondering, once the board switch happens (which would be sometime tonight), i'll paste all the posts from this thread to the new board, using that handy "Print Topic" button at the bottom of the page. so none of the episode posts will be gone.
quote:

Originally posted by Misguided Angel:
What a coinkydink…Cody and Justin go to church in time for the Leviticus sermon. This “Posse Business” needs to go far away.

yeah, that was oh so convenient. i really really don't like the Posse thing, especially now that it's just The Cody & Justin Club. hopefully it'll be over really soon. and i'm thinking next weeks reappearance of Chris Hobbs will help bring it to an end. **prays to gay Jesus**

Cody is just all kinds of insane, and he KEEPS TOUCHING JUSTIN. eww. i had to leave the room when that gun/alley/fondling thing came on. **shudder**

the Nekkid Wrestling was... kinda hot. after the whole "Hey, lets hit each other in the face!" thing passed. that, i didn't like. oh Justin. do not take your aggression out on Brian. his face is too pretty!

the social worker showing up just as there's a big family argument and Hunter answers the door in his tightie whities (WTF??) was also very convenient. thanks CowLip! we love ya, guys.

i rather liked Ted tonight, once he stopped the awful lip-synching. his scenes with Brian are always gold.

Brian's new office is squee-worthy, and Ted thinking it looked familiar killed me.
CYNTHIA!! <3<3<3<3

Posted 05-09-2004 09:13 PM by The Queen of Babylon

First off...this episode went by REALLY fast tonight! I looked over at the clock and was like "What? 10:45?!"

Second...NO BLAKE!

Other than that, though...good episode. The Pink Posse thing needs to stop. It's just getting out of control now and is up there in my Least Favorite Storyline list, perhaps only behind the See The Light fiasco from the first season and maybe a few others. Cody freaks me out. But I must give it to the boy, though. He is HOT. Like...the actor that plays him. Guh.

Why am I getting a bad feeling about Mel and her working so hard on this case?

Um...Brian...genius as always. I am madly in love with him this season. He can do no wrong.

And...whatever I just had to say totally left my mind. Ha.

Posted 05-09-2004 09:24 PM by katerin

*inconsolable*

good-bye cruel world.

Posted 05-10-2004 12:01 AM by Lexie

This is bad. Very bad.

Brian and Justin hitting each other? Cody and Justin jacking each other off with a GUN? Oh no you didn't! Cody is awful and needs to be gone immediately, taking the Psycho Pink Posse with him. He's crazy. I understand wanting to protect yourself, being strong enough not to get your ass kicked, but seriously. The Crazy Line has been crossed.

Other than that, the Ted/Brian storyline cracked me up. Brian grabbing Ted out of his sharing time was hilarious. Glad Ted accepted Brian's offer - even if it means he feels like he's settling on Accounting. It'll be good for him to be stable and NOT lip-synching (good for us as well). I think it'd be sweet to work in an Advertising firm, even if my boss is Brian Kinney.

Glad to see Cynthia back.

Emmett definitely needs to find a place of his own. Howling trick was hilarious.

I can't help but think Mel is going to screw her clients over in the end. I know she's worked hard for this case, but it's about what's best for the client, not your ego.

Michael/Ben/Hunter - hilarious. Hunter needs to walk around in his undies all the time - too cute. I feel bad for Deb - her Boys are leaving her and she can't let go. She'll get it after a while, I'm sure.

Can't wait for next week. Must rewatch promo.

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Absolute Fan

My thoughts as I was watching:

- This episode proves that Michael is turning into such a mother (but he's still such a freaking brat to his own). From now on, I will call him Mama!Mikey. The social worker/Bruckner family storyline? Don't give a rat's behind and probably never will. FF-worthy (if I didn't lurve Ben so much!)
- Cody's still a psycho, but he's strangely appealling. It's nice to see Justin with a male friend his own age (it would be much better, of course, if said buddy wasn't such a nutbar).
- "Brilliant lawyer" Mel. Ha!
- The Hands. Sigh.
- Don't read too much into the "Sonny" comment, people. You're delusional if you think it means anything 'parental.'
- God, the lesbians are boring tonight. Although 'Dyno Dyke?' Hee.
- Pool scene: Emm's playing with Brian's fingers! How cute is that ?
- Twenty-five minutes into the episode and we finally see Ted. (Yes. I like him.)
- Tightie whities should be banned from this show. Especially on Hunter. *shudder* Doesn't this kid own pajamas?
- I think Justin and Emmett should live together. They've both gone from place to place with nowhere to really call their own. And think of the slumber parties!
- OT: Commercials suck.
- Those were some close-mouthed kisses Justin was giving Cody.
- "Sah-ry." The Canadian actors have been practicing their Yankee accents. I still want to hear a "sore-y" though. But there's always Thea; I'm counting on her.
- *sings* Cody likes Justin, Cody likes Justin. But he ain't gonna get him. Neener neener neener.
- The end? Not so squicky to me. Not all that hot either. And, please. That wasn't cheating, it was just a handjob. And the 'rules' Justin's supposedly "always breaking" haven't been alluded to since mid season two. There's absolutely no indication that they're still in place.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Liz ~
"Brilliant lawyer" Mel. Ha!
yes, i was so sitting there thinking that she's going to screw over her clients in the end, good intentions or not.

Quote:
Pool scene: Emm's playing with Brian's fingers! How cute is that ?
my UC OTP!! hee. i love Em/Brian scenes. so so so much. and Em/Justin scenes. those slumber parties would rock.

Quote:
And, please. That wasn't cheating, it was just a handjob. And the 'rules' Justin's supposedly "always breaking" haven't been alluded to since mid season two. There's absolutely no indication that they're still in place.
there are people who think that? wow. so not cheating, especially with Brian still having sex with other people. The Rules went out the window after Ethan, i would have thought.

as far as the Sonnyboy thing, i'm voting "not paternal" too. honestly. Brian having parental feelings for Justin? at THIS stage? uh. sure.

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
at THIS stage? uh. sure.
He'd be a total perv if it was. (Well, a squicky perv. And I'd never let him near Gus again). SO NOT PARENTAL.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

whoot! FF working for a solid 5 minutes for me!!!

as i mentioned in liz's LJ, the cable went out last night and i felt canadian watching it tonight!!! whoot!!!

the lindsay and mel storylines need to STOP. RIGHT. NOW. i can't take it!!! except gus, so freaking cute!!!

emmett was so blah in this episode! does he even have a job?

ted/brian scenes were so cute. but i think there needed to be a few more brian/justin scenes.

die cody. die. the ending was blech.

i would have chewed out debbie a lot more then michael did.

I HEART HUNTER. in or out of the white undies!!!!

and shotoo did not show next weeks promos. but i am spoiled and kinda know some things.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:35 AM
EVY
Extreme Fan

Still hating the entire PINK POSSE storyline! Please make it end soon!
I was so not engaged by the "slap me around in bed" scene.

I see Emmett moving in with Debby soon.

Okay, I'm won over by the "kindler/gentler" Brian and look forward to he and Ted interacting more. If only to make Ted stop lipsyncing!

The whole Social worker thing seemed a little far-fetched--but, whatever. Mikey is just a bit "over the top" with his mother-hen routine.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Very very good episode!

I love Cody character : he's so interesting : the actor is so cute and the character is so crazy : that's nice to show the bad part. I would love to know Cody's story : why did he became like that ? I hope we'll have answers in next ep.
Cody is the evil part of Justin : like the two faces of one coin. Justin is the *angel* part (he played an angel in season 2). Justin needs this bad journey to grow up and put the bashing behind. Cause it's obvious : things are going to turn very bad and Justin will stop and split the "ship" he has build with Cody.

I love the wy Cody desire Justin : that's a story we never had : someone in love /or obsessed with Justin... if Justin doesn't return his feelings.
And I like the way Justin desire Cody and cheat on Brian... and at the same time, Brian does *not* have sex with anybody else than Justin

The heat at the end of the ep was I so loved that !!! Keep Cody ! He's like a bomb and I don't want him to explode now : too soon.

The Brian/Justin sex fight was very disturbing. I don't know if I loved or hated it. yeah : I'm not joking : I feel weird about it.
ANyway, it should have been so difficult for the actor to play such a "fight" scene totally naked.
Gale and Randy rock

Here I stop now, cause my brain is gonna explode and my dictionnary is tired. :

I hope it was not too difficult to read me and my bad english and I hope what I said mean something
Andalusia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually really like the "Pink Posse" storyline. I mean, I don't want it to last too much longer, and I do find it disturbing seeing Justin acting that way, but the fact that it's disturbing is kind of what I like about it.

Justin has never really dealt with the attack, only with his physical injuries. He has a serious case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and he needs to deal with it. While I think Brian only had the best of intentions when he always told Justin not to think about the attack and not to talk about it, the end result is a lot of repressed fear and anger that has only made Justin's PTSD worse. I mean, I don't blame Brian or anything for his advice, because he had no way of knowing better, but repressing your feelings like that is the worst thing you can do. Justin really should have started seeing a psychiatrist shortly after he got out of the hospital. I just hope Justin is able to get through this without getting himself hurt or without seriously hurting anyone else.

As for the idea that Justin "cheated" on Brian... well, since they got back together, Brian has kicked Justin out when his "11 o'clock" showed up; hooked up with a trick while dancing with Justin at Babylon; and had an orgy in his loft. I don't know what (if any) rules the two of them have now, but I can hardly see how Justin getting one handjob could possibly be breaking those rules if the stuff Brian has done didn't already break them.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

still loving s4

i still love the pink posse storyline. more and more each episode actually.

the loft scene was hot. hot hot hot. chairsex hot. angry justin = sexy.

the ending scene was hot. i loved it. the entire "it's cold" "it'll heat up" -- something cowlip like to do. so, justin's not a virgin holdin a gun. we get the point.

the church - sick, sick people out there who really believe this ***** but the shrimp-c*ck-remark -- a classic.

em askin brian for the loft - hilarious. and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who noticed The Hands.

all the brian-ted-scenes - awwwww. brian the good friend? kinda weird but i love it. see, he's a good boy! well, it was for his own benefit but who cares? i SO cracked up when brian was just lookin at ted after that i'll have you murdered comment! hilarious.

the "you should be an account" thing -- please! *heavy eyerolling*

poor debby. i get michael's point & i'm happy for vic but i feel so sorry for her. she needs someone to kill with her love!

gus - is he ever gonna talk? he IS gonna be maggy simpson #2!

the wolfman -- i don't think i ever laughed that hard! my highlight!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Re: still loving s4

Quote:
Originally posted by galela
all the brian-ted-scenes - awwwww. brian the good friend? kinda weird but i love it. see, he's a good boy! well, it was for his own benefit but who cares? i SO cracked up when brian was just lookin at ted after that i'll have you murdered comment! hilarious.
I don't think it's weird that Brian was being a good friend. He has always had a way of taking care of his whole little family, but doing it in such a way that they don't have to act all grateful over it. When Michael thought Debbie might lose the house, Brian offered to give him the money to pay the mortgage (his offer was rejected, but he still made the offer); he was always there writing out checks for Lindsey, even when his job was on the line and he didn't have much left in his checkbook; he not only allowed Lindsey and Melanie (mostly Melanie) to blame their break-up on him, but he gave up his parental rights in order to get them back together; when Ted lost his job, Michael and Emmett were being all "compassionate" and "supportive" and *useless*, while Brian made a phone call and got him a job; he bought Justin a pretty damn expensive computer so that he could continue with his art; he made sure that Lindsey & Melanie actually had a wedding and shelled out what had to be a lot of money to replace their lost wedding rings; he offered Lindsey his tickets to Miami so that they could have a honeymoon (again, the offer was refused, but it's the fact that he offered that counts); he paid for Justin's school, and continued to pay for it even after Justin left him; he put in the right word to get Stockwell to lay off Ted and kept him out of jail... and, of course, there's the little matter of "Concerned Citizens for the Truth". And I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few things.

The thing is, Brian does all these things, and somehow still manages to convince everyone around him that he is selfish... probably even including himself. And I guess, in a way, it is true... he is being selfish. When Emmett first introduced George to the gang, George described Brian as a cross between James Dean and Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand was the founder of a school of thought called "Objectivism", which teaches (among other things) that there is no such thing as an unselfish act. As an example, if you give money to charity, well, you wouldn't do that if it didn't make you feel good to do it, so therefore the gift was selfishly motivated. So, in that sense, Brian is being selfish. He helps the people he cares about because he can't stand seeing them hurting, and then is able to convince himself and all the people around him that he's really just a selfish bastard.

The fact is, he's probably performed more acts of selfless generosity than the rest of them put together. But he does it with just the right attitude, or just the right snide remark, so that they don't have to fall all over him with gratitude. Which, in a way, is the most generous part of all. He's not looking for their thanks or for them to feel like they owe him anything. He does it for no other reason than it makes him feel good to do it. According to Ayn Rand and the Objectivist school of thought, the fact that it makes him feel good makes the act a selfish one. Maybe so, if you buy into that Objectivist bull*****. But, in my opinion, if you do things for others for no reason other than it makes you feel good to do it, that's just about the least selfish thing you can do.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think it's weird that Brian was being a good friend.
i didn't mean weird in a way like you thought i meant it. i keep saying over & over & over again that brian is a great friend. i meant weird in the way that he's openly showing it. in s3, he did help ted but never in a million years would he have admitted that he did it for him. s4 brian is still the old brian but it's still a new, much more open brian.

brian's the one who knows what love means. if you love someone, you let them go. he's the only one of all the people on the show who really acts on that.

i love this man.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't like Cody. At all.

and Blake needs to come back.

The end!