Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Season 4, Episode 14 - Season Finale (7/18/04)

summary from Showtime's Queer as Folk Insider:

The turn of events will change QAF as you know it.

Friendships become stronger, physical endurance is tested, and the establishment of marriage is challenged. And, for many in the gang, new opportunities spark life changes!

summary from www.tvguide.com :

Parenting and a political hot potato take center stage in the topical fourth-season finale, a well-written episode in which the gang heads into the final stretch of the bicycle marathon for charity. The show begins in Canada, where Michael and Ben have taken advantage of the country's same-sex marriage laws. The newlyweds' bliss is short-lived, however, when they encounter a problem at the U.S. border. Meanwhile, a debilitated Brian is determined to ride the whole route, and back in Pittsburgh, Melanie goes into labor. The series returns with new episodes in 2005.

...2005. yes, lets just shove the knife in a little deeper, KTHANX! **weeps**

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Passionate Fan

23 hours,45 minutes to go y'all.

I read a spoiler recap and all i'll say is.....DAYYYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!

OWNER of Ted Schmidt!
TeddysBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

LOL... I am still unspoiled, but I am sure it will be good.

I am sad it is almost finale time! This season went by sooooo quickly!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
briansluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

This time tomorrow, the season finale will be on (EST). Seems like only yesterday my growing QAF obsession was starting.

Bye bye new episodes of Queer as Folk At least we have QAF friends, dvd's, and fan fiction, right?
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

*cries* It's too soon!

I hope S4 dvds will be available soon. ...and by the time S5 begins, I'll have internet access again, so I'll be able to share my obsession with you guys. None of my other friends (save one) like QaF.
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

heart unprepared to see this thread! *cries buckets*

is it next spring yet? where are those new promos?

Last edited by katerin; 07-17-2004 at 09:38 PM
katerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Hehe... Kat... we only wish.

I am sad that the season ends today, but I sooooo excited to see the finale. Being unspoiled is hard.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 07-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

:O!!! being unspoiled is Teh Crazeh.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

LOL! I know... I just wanted to see if I could do it for an entire season... and I did... but it was no fun!

5 hrs and counting... (well, close enough)

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 07-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I managed to go unspoiled for 13 episodes. Then I hopelessly spoiled myself for 414. *sigh* I'm so upset with myself. I really wanted to stay unspoiled. I think it's some kind of addiction or something.

I used to read all the Buffy spoilers, and one week three years ago I watched an episode of Buffy totally spoiled and an episode of Angel totally unspoiled, and it occured to me that I was getting way more into the Angel episode, because everything that was happening was new and unexpected. Since then, I've stayed away from all spoilers of any kind. Then, this past week, a friend let something slip -- just one tiny thing about 414. And I had to know more. And more. And more. And I just couldn't stop. It was like, one little taste, and I turned into a total junkie.

But after this, that's it. I'm hopping back on the spoiler-free wagon for next season.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I almost spoiled myself for this episode. It was sooooo hard not to. I'm just so...nervous, I guess, on what they're going to do. Luckily Kat tried to reassure me while keeping me still pure and innocent. *cough cough*

But oh my god, I can't believe it's the end of the season ALREADY. It went by so so fast.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow. I actually really really liked this episode. And wasn’t expecting to. The usual complaint, not enough Brian & Justin, ‘cause it’s pretty much all about them as far as I’m concerned. I can almost overlook that though, seeing as Brian ASKED Justin to move in with him at the end, and Justin isn’t the only one who has been waiting for that to happen. They’ve lived together two or three times now, but never because Brian came out and asked. So yay! Of course, that was one of CowLip’s charming season finale cliffhangers, and don’t we all just love those? Meh. Justin can do the Hollywood thing and still live with Brian, it just won’t happen immediately. Of course, if the writers drop the ball here…. **sharpens spork** But Brian getting to the end of the race, wanting to quit, then looking up and seeing Justin made me squee.

Theirloveissofinishlineworthy!!11!

I was completely expecting Melanie & Lindsay to get back together by the end of the show. Because that’s how things happen in QaF Land. But no! They saved some angst for next season! I’m sure they’ll end up back together, but it would be kind of cool if they didn’t. Couples break up over infidelity in real life, there’s no reason it can’t happen on a tv show. Even one as “WTF?” as QaF. Them having to deal with sharing the same group of friends, still being parents to their children, while dealing with the loss of their relationship? I would kind of like that. Though the scene with Mel admitting to being scared and wanting Lindsay to stay was sweet.

Also, Jenny Rebecca is the name of a milk maid, or perhaps someone who tends a flock of lambs or other small fluffy farm animals, and I wanted to cry for the poor wee lass. Isn’t there already a Jen on the show? Or has Justin’s mom been gone so long that recycling her name is acceptable?

Brian… I had to “Oh, Brian” at the screen many many times tonight. I hate seeing him as anything but the together, take-charge, Armani-wearing King of Liberty Avenue. So the whole falling off the bike thing, and the broken clavicle (which makes me giggle because it sounds dirty), the barely crossing the finish line… Oh, Brian. But imagine Justin cheering him on? Priceless. Absolutely priceless. The wedding reception for Michael & Ben was also very nice. Hee. Oh, the dancing.

But if he actually removes "that thing above the bed", I will cry and cry. I NEED THE BLUE/ORANGE LIGHTS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Vic!! <3 It was good to see him again. At first, I was wondering what had happened to Babylon’s “dress code” for the gogo boys. That maybe they’d finally run out of costume ideas, what with the dangly bits, er, dangling so freely. But it makes sense that they’re naked in Brian’s head. Cher knows they’re naked in mine. **pervs**

Carl & Debbie… it was nice of her to feel so strongly about same-sex marriage that she wanted to put off their wedding until Michael & Ben could do it legally in the states as well. But at the same time… I don’t know. Something about it bugged me. At least they’ll be living together though. Living in sin rules!

I heard that cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow while on hold at Hot Topic once. Hee.

And now, we have a 10 month hiatus. **sits and waits for season five**

Showtime episode pictures:

Last edited by Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love; 07-18-2004 at 08:52 PM
Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode too!

It was so cute, Brian giving Ben and Mikey a reception... so sweet!

I love love loved evey bit of Brian and Justin moments! I loved Brian seeing Justin on the sidelines cheering him on. And then at the end, when Brian looked up and saw Justin and made it to the end. Also, Brian asking Justin to move in with him? And the whole... the moments when you aren't around, I wouldn't mind if you were. *thud*

The baby is so cute!

Thanks Showtime, for the fifth season next spring reminder.

I cried when the unveiled the Vic Grassi House sign... yay extra emotion for no reason today!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 07-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Passionate Fan

LOVED THIS EPISODE!
Ben/Mikey-Nekkid Mikey..YES! it was sad that Mikey thought the marriage wasn't real because of that ******* border guard.
But all is well and i'm happy. Plus Mikey has his baby girl and Deb's a granny. bonus! and "Over The Rainbow" by Me First and Gimme Gimmes! Classic! They do an awesome cover of "Science Fiction Double Feature" on the Rocky Horror Punk Show" CD.

Highly Recommended!

Brian./Justin-about time,Brian! only took you four ****ing years,your best friend's wedding,breaking your collarbone and admitting you miss justin when he's not around for you to get a clue. You know what's next,Bri. do it!

Deb/Carl-the righteous indignation of Deb continues at the expense of Carl's happiness. but at least she had a reason..Michael. and the renaming of the hospice in Vic's honor was sweet.

Ted/Em-my other golden couple. They were so adorable in this ep. Loved the "Meeting" with the cows in attendance. LOL! So,we now know that Ted's birthday is in August.

Mel/Linz-The speration won't last. you can still see the love there. Jenny Rebecca. love it.

Ep Grade-A+! Now...we wait. Spring 2005....FEH!
Rich

OWNER of Ted Schmidt!
TeddysBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't gotten to see the episode yet, but since I hopelessly spoiled myself, I want to comment on one thing, then I'm going to disappear until I get to actually see the episode.

Maybe this will play out different when I actually see it than it does just from reading about it, but my initial take on Brian hurting himself is that I love the fact that it wasn't Brian's cancer that nearly prevented him from crossing the finish line, but rather his own hubris. Isn't that the real obstacle the Brian has had to overcome, more than anything else? The cancer he had was one with a 99% cure rate. Brian's need for a perfect self-image and his own narcissism was, IMO, much more of an obstacle to his recovery than the cancer itself ever was. So, I kind of love the idea that his real stuggle to finish the Ride wasn't because the cancer had drained him of energy, but because he got cocky, disobeyed Debbie's request that he not act like a fcuking superhero, and injured himself as a result.

Although, as I said, this may play out differently when actually watching it.

Okay, no more comments until I get to actually watch it.