Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Film Lover
I also didn't like Michael deciding for Justin that Justin was going to L.A.
A couple of people have mentioned they were peeved with this. Yet, because I love Michael and prefer to channel my rage at the writers when anything goes wrong, if Michael had went, there would be no Michael and Ben wedding. And think of all the potential storylines this episode has set up!

Quote:
Melanie has to be about 16 months pregnant, and they're still worried about her delivering early. Just how long do pregnancies last in QAF-Land?
BWAHAHA.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Woo! Look! I'm actually typing something up for this thread! Go me.

Okay, so Liz? I'm sorry. I really am. But...

I hate Lindsay. I really really do. I won't go into the why's because that's really not important. I don't care much for Melanie, but between the two, I'd pick Mel. That being said, their storyline is so so boring. I'm so sick of them. They're splitting up, or at least want to. We get that. Frankly, they need to. Even if it's just for a little bit. It's gonna be retarded if they just give Lindsay Gus and Melanie the new baby. Yeah, I get that they would each get their own child. But they raised Gus for four years TOGETHER. The new baby is just as much Lindsay's child as it is Melanie's, too. I'm sure I don't need to be saying this, as they'll find a way to get over all this crap and get/stay together. But if they do that, it...will be dumb.

Not enough Brian and Justin. Though, as it was said earlier, I like how they showed B/J JUST sleeping. It was very cute. Grant it they had The Sex soon after, which was nice, but still. It's the little moments, people.

Ben and Michael getting married was soooo freaking cute. I loved it. The proposal was covered in cheese but still. Made me smile and "aww." The signs on the back of the bikes were adorable. I'm so glad they had them do that. NOT because I want Michael "out of the way" of B/J (lord knows that's a retarded reason to want Ben/Michael to be together) but because it's nice to show that they're willing to do that. Give each other that much importance in their lives. It's refreshing to see the difference between Brian and Michael. Brian wants none of that stuff. Michael does. I'm glad Michael didn't let what Brian said affect his decision to do what he did indeed want to do.

I'm glad Ted and Emmett are getting all friendly and stuff again. Do I want them back together? No. Not every single cast member has to be hooked up romantically with another cast member. That gets old and boring and is done so often. Their friendship is really really nice. I like them together like that. I miss their dynamic from season 1 and the majority of season 2. I also liked how they showed some continutiy and how Emmett was being supportive of Ted. Very good friends. Like how they used to be.

Along those lines...people keep comparing what Emmett was saying to Teddy about friendship lasting longer than marriage or whatever the fcuk he said with that of Brian and Michael vs Michael and Ben or something (and I'm not talking about people on here talking about it, it was discussed elsewhere). Okay, the thing with that is that Emmett said they'll always be FRIENDS. Friends, people. In that regard, yes, Brian and Michael will most likely always be best friends. They love each other and as everyone always likes to comment, they "always have, always will." Emmett didn't say that always being friends will lead to being lovers/boyfriends/life-long partners/whatever, like some people are making it out to be. I guess I just don't understand how all that came out of what Emmett said.

Hunter really is the most adorable thing ever. I don't think I cared for him much when he first came on, I can't remember. But I'm lovin' me some Hunter now. So precious.

Deb/Carl was cute, too. I don't usually pay that much attention to their scenes but I did this time and really enjoyed them. I'm glad they're getting married.

This season has gone by SOOOOO fast. And there were absolutely NO breaks between any of the episodes, right? All fourteen played in a row, I think. That's certainly something new. Maybe that's why it seems like it just started last month? Doesn't help that there were only 14 episodes. I miss the full 22!!! **cries**

Ooh! I Love the 90's is almost on. Yay!
Old 07-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BabylonPrincess
It's gonna be retarded if they just give Lindsay Gus and Melanie the new baby. Yeah, I get that they would each get their own child. But they raised Gus for four years TOGETHER. The new baby is just as much Lindsay's child as it is Melanie's, too. I'm sure I don't need to be saying this, as they'll find a way to get over all this crap and get/stay together. But if they do that, it...will be dumb.
I agree with you that Gus shouldn't end up with Lindsey just because she's his natural mother. Melanie getting the child she is carrying is a little trickier, because legally Lindsey has no rights where that baby is concerned. With Gus, Brian signed over his rights to Melanie, so she is legally his parent.

But in this case, I do want Gus to end up with Lindsey. Not because Lindsey is his natural mother -- I'd want Gus with Lindsey even if Melanie was his natural mother. Melanie has a tendency to say horrible things about Gus's father somewhere around 50 times a day, and frequently says those things right in front of the boy. IMO, all the Brian-abuse that comes out of Melanie's mouth just barely escapes being emotionally abusive, and the escape is at least partly because I'm not sure the boy is old enough to understand.

(Actually, what I'd really like would be for Gus to end up with Brian, but somehow I doubt that will ever happen.)