Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

o, the unibrow, sadly i never noticed it before, maybe because i was more focused on other places *blush* but sadly it makes me look and i can't help but chant "come on gale, wax, wax, please". He's still hot .

avie by Mel X
~*katinthehat*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not surprised Lindsay had sex with Sam. He's exactly her type where men are concerned--egotistical and self-centered. Her last man was Brian (as far as I know), in college, right?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vintage
I think it is. I was sitting there and I was like "Hey! I know that tattoo!" I think its him.
yeah, i love that LJ icon and use it pretty much everyday, so that tattoo was pretty familiar to me, too. pretty HDGB. **pets**

Quote:
Originally posted by SassySarah
Patrick Antosh spoke about this once. Not Gale's unibrow, but the way Gale is about his body hair. Gale absolutely refuses to do anything with it. He refused to wax his groin, or even trim it. Patrick said that's proof Gale's straight.
hee! well, this explains both the unibrow and the, uh, bushy crotch area.

**flashback to Tanning Booth Brian**

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Absolute Fan

My long, and not completely thought out, ramblings on 410. So give me the benefit of the doubt, okay?

A lot of this season isn’t making sense to me, character-wise. I mean, the characters are the same, but sometimes they seem to misplace vital aspects of their personalities. For instance, it doesn’t make sense that Emmett is willingly sleeping with an engaged, obviously self-loathing homosexual (or bisexual or whatever). It doesn’t make sense that Lindsay would sleep with a man out of the blue. It doesn’t make sense that Justin would confide something in Michael after so recently having his confidences betrayed by him. It just seems that parts are missing, like major elements of the story and character motivation are left out. It’s sloppy and it bugs me.

Some little things before the big things:

- Brian and Ted? Love. Keep it up. Occasional snark is still very much welcome, however.
- Anthony is a pain in the ass. He’s freaking nuts too. And his voice bugs me. Also, Edmund White? Not so interesting. A Boy’s Own Story bored the crap out of me. (Could be because I had to read it for class, but I digress.)
- I admit to “awwwing” when Drew kissed Emmett.
- I’m confused by Justin’s seemingly one-track mind on Brian’s ability (rather, inability) to get an erection. In reality, Justin would have shown much more compassion for Brian’s emotional inability to handle his plight. Again, this is something that doesn’t make sense for the character. Perhaps there was simply too much else to focus on, but that’s a stupid excuse.
- Since when are Ted and Emmett so chummy again? Where did all the awkwardness go? Hello, continuity, where are you?
- Why doesn't Lindsay know about Brian's cancer? As one of his closest friends and the mother of his child, she should know. Have the writers forgotten their connection too?
- I normally loathe Michael, but I found him absolutely enjoyable in this episode. (See, I can admit it). The last scene between he and Ben is quite possibly the best moment of the season thus far. (Well, one of.) I’m a total eighties girl and I love that song. It was an amazing scene and I just loved it.
- Brian saying to Justin “don’t say anything,” meant, to me, ‘don’t say anything right now to try and make me feel better.’ He didn’t say, ‘don’t say anything to Michael,’ so leave Justin alone on that.
- What does it say about Brian that he’s able to get a hard on after an argument with his mother? Oedipal much?

Now. Lindsay. Hoo boy:

I’ve been more or less defending Lindsay for four seasons now and I’m not defending her now – cheating on your spouse is never the right thing to do – but I have to express some stuff anyway. At times, I’ve felt completely alone in my love for her. I’ve never understood why she is so disliked by most of the fandom, especially before this season. Nor do I understand the preference of Melanie (who I’ve found to be a caustic, selfish wench most of the time). Unpopular opinion here, but some of the Lindsay disdain could be because she’s a female friend of Brian. A female who’s slept with Brian and a female whom Brian loves. We all know how revered Brian is by a lot of fans. He’s the big gay hero and some fans probably resent his friendship with Lindsay because of how blindly they love Brian. Most fans watch for the men and could care less about Mel and Linds, so that’s probably another reason why viewers seem to hate her. Am I making any sense?

In terms of this storyline, I’m completely flabbergasted. When did Melanie turn into a sweet, docile, generous wife? Even though she normally bugs the crap out of me, I miss her bitchyness and feistiness. I miss her balls (no pun intended). Before throwing stones at Lindsay for cheating, let’s not forget that Melanie also cheated. I’m not saying that Lindsay, therefore, is justified by doing the same thing – two wrongs don’t make a right – but she shouldn’t be vilified for it either. I wish I knew what Lindsay’s motivation is. Until then, I can’t really judge because we, the audience, have no clue what’s going on in her mind. When Melanie cheated, we knew that she was feeling left out at home. Lindsay? Who the hell knows. She’s got a great career now, a great family, she shouldn’t even be tempted to cheat. Come on, writers, let us in on her thinking! At least, then, we could better understand her actions.

The argument that Lindsay is a bisexual. So not seeing it. As far as we know, she’s only slept with one other man her entire life: Brian. Why isn’t he being accused of the same thing then? Because we’ve seen him as a promiscuous gay male. Lindsay’s been in a committed relationship with a woman for nearly a decade and we’ve seen her attraction to other women (ie: Leda). Sex with two men, but lots of sex with women, doesn’t mean she can’t still be classified a lesbian. We know that Brian, Justin, and Emmett (and I’m sure Ted, Michael, and Ben) have had sex with women. Doesn’t mean they’re not gay. On the Kinsey scale, I’d say Lindsay’s a 5 (“Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual”). ‘Incidentally,’ Lindsay’s found herself attracted to Sam for whatever reason. Doesn’t mean she’s straight or bi all of a sudden. She’s scratching an itch, she just wants a nice hard you-know-what. Quick! Let’s crucify her! If it’s a one-night stand, and I really believe it is, she’s made a mistake. A forgivable mistake. When Sam is out of the picture, I truly believe that Lindsay won’t be attracted to any other men, and not because she’s got a guilty conscience, but because she’s gay.

Basically, my problem with this storyline is that they’ve turned a kind, loving, decent, generous character and turned her into a weak-minded fool. She’s not the Lindsay I recognize, her character’s done a complete 180, and that pisses me off. I know most people will probably think that I’m singing to the choirs and that, no matter what the writers do with her from now on, she’ll never be redeemed. And that makes me extremely sad and disappointed. It’s hard to love a character that everyone else hates, but I’ll still do it. Just think about the whole picture, please, before jumping all over her.

Phew! For those of you who actually read this, give yourself a cookie. I hope I got my point across a little bit.

Last edited by ~ Liz ~; 06-22-2004 at 07:48 AM
~ Liz ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

IMO, Lindsay's problem isn't so much that she's cheating physically. It's that she's cheating emotionally. She has feelings for Sam. It started with admiration, then came respect and finally lust. If it were merely an itch she needed scratched then this story arc would be through Sam-wise. He'd be out of the picture. But as the previews for 411 revealed, things aren't over between them. Maybe that was the one time they did something, but she still wants more. Unlike Mel's cheating in s1, Lindz' affair is a threat to M/L. Because Mel never cared for that woman. They got along, there was a connection, but it was mostly out of loneliness and lust. Lindz/Sam is deeper than that and so therefore worse.

You know I've always backed you up on Lindz. I still believe she's a lesbian, not some closeted straight secretly wishing a man would sweep her off her feet. But this situation is inexcusable. I blame CowLip, however. Apparently the only way Lindz could be independent and her own woman is to open her legs to the first guy to treat her like crap. **sigh** I wish CowLip would find something better to do with M/L. Or better yet, just put them in the background again. Because their main plots are usually pretty painful to endure.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
SassySarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But as the previews for 411 revealed, things aren't over between them.
I didn't see those previews. M/L weren't even in the Showcase preview. Just the Drew photo session, the bike race, and Deb/Horvath. What exactly is shown in your preview?

If Lindsay actually has an affair with Sam, I still won't instantly hate her, but I'll be extremely annoyed. Like I said, Cowlip hasn't shown us any justifications for her actions. It doesn't make sense and it pisses me off that they can't come up with something better for these characters.

As Thea herself said, "'Right now, I’d want to say to her, "What the hell’s going on with you?!'"
Old 06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Liz ~
I didn't see those previews. M/L weren't even in the Showcase preview. Just the Drew photo session, the bike race, and Deb/Horvath. What exactly is shown in your preview?
Horvath? Yay, unless he hurts Debbie again.

My preview had Mel and Lindz, Hunter, Michael and Ben, and Drew and Emmett.

Drunk Girl
47th & 9th
AuburnGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

The previews didn't show Lindz/Sam, but in the M/L scene Mel was commenting to Lindz on how she didn't like the way L/S are around each other. They're too touchy, or something, and I guess that's how Mel figures out 'cause in the next scene Lindz is telling her she chooses her. Something that didn't sound too convincing, imo.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
SassySarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

410 pictures from the Showtime press site-

"Hold on. Where the hell is my uterus?"
Brian Kinney's Muffin O'Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

I love that pouty look that Justin has in the bluish pic. Cute! All the pics are great!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
briansluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

So, okay, Showtime had "technical difficulties" for me right after Brian yelled at his mom.

Did I miss anything else after that?
Old 06-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Spankmasta Flash
So, okay, Showtime had "technical difficulties" for me right after Brian yelled at his mom.

Did I miss anything else after that?
the next scene was emmett & drew in the hotel room again. emmett told him about a dream he's had about drew & drew kissed him. then brian & just at babylon, brian finally hard again. they disappear into the backroom, but it's cut before the action starts and the ending is michael reading ben's new book about the bug chaser, he tells him he loves the book & they dance together to a cd hunter bought them.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela
the next scene was emmett & drew in the hotel room again. emmett told him about a dream he's had about drew & drew kissed him. then brian & just at babylon, brian finally hard again. they disappear into the backroom, but it's cut before the action starts and the ending is michael reading ben's new book about the bug chaser, he tells him he loves the book & they dance together to a cd hunter bought them.
Aw, it sounds good. Freaking cable! *pouts*

Thanks for the recap though!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Supreme Fan

I missed the T/E scene. What was it they were talking about with the "long look" and why did Emmett kiss him?

I'm a T/E fan . I hated their estrangement and now that they're on good terms again, I've tried to watch again.

Also a BIG B/J shipper. I'll catch up on all of this when I get the S4 DVDs. But until then ... *sigh*
Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Liz ~
Also, Edmund White? Not so interesting. A Boy’s Own Story bored the crap out of me. (Could be because I had to read it for class, but I digress.)
I have to admit I've never read A Boy's Own Story, but The Beautiful Room is Empty was good and I'd recommend it.

I've always like Lindsey so you're not alone there, can't really comment on what's going with her as I don't get cable and will have to wait till it comes out on DVD to see S4.

Still wanted to comment because of the book thing.

LL+P
Riley

Discrimination = Moral Values?
Rivulet027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread