Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

OK - I try so hard to follow the timelines on this show but either the writers were altered when working out the chronologies or the editors were.

Examples:

407 - just weird chronological sequences in this episode!!

Brian shows up at the diner post surgery. He drives Justin to school and asks if they'll see each other that night. Brian walks into the loft and Justin's there. It's night. Justin already went to school and then had his meeting with Michael and Keller.

Brian's in a full suit. He's exhausted but we're presuming he went to Kinnetik and worked a full day, yes?

I feel like it would've been more realistic if he were home when Justin got there and just made up some excuse that he had jet lag and needed a day to recoup b/f going back to Kinnetik.

NOW - IT'S THE NEXT DAY THAT HE HAS THE STAFF MTG AND ALMOST FAINTS AT THE TABLE.

Didn't the editors get this backwards? Shouldn't it have been shown as that's what happened THE FIRST DAY BACK after he dropped Justin off at school?

Next:
So, it's night, Brian gets in the shower. Justin hears the phone. It's the next morning that Justin asks Michael if he knows Brian went to Johns Hopkins. WHAT DID JUSTIN DO THAT VERY NIGHT THAT HE HEARD THE MESSAGE?

The next night - the same night of the day he almost collapses at work - they go to Babylon to meet Keller. Justin gets Brian to come home. He undresses Brian and holds Brian b/c Brian's exhausted. NOW, JUSTIN ASKS BRIAN TO TELL HIM ABOUT IBIZA?? WHAT DID THEY TALK ABOUT THE NIGHT BEFORE WHEN JUSTIN HEARD THE MESSAGE??

I have more examples but do you see what I'm saying? The time sequences don't make sense. It happens over and over in these episodes.

God bless gap fillers! I'd like to see a writer try to work out the time kinks in 407!!

(Brian dropped Justin off at school and knew he had to get to the office even though he could easily sleep all day. Admitting to Justin that Brian missed him felt good, and relieving like a weight off his chest, but exhausting. Vulnerability will kick the sh-- out of you. He was already extremely tired. So, he wasn't sure how to get through the day without being found out. Brian squared his shoulders before entering Kinnetik, walked in briskly, barked to Cynthia that she should hold all his calls, and that he wasn't to be disturbed by anybody. Period. Cynthia took it in stride. Brian's been acting weird for a while now. And, he's been gone for just under a week so what the Hell was one more day without him? Kinnetik would survive. But, she couldn't help herself from thinking, "Ibiza obviously didn't do anything for his mood!!"

Brian locked himself in his office, collapsed on the couch, slept for four hours, then managed to get some paperwork done that had been accumulating on his desk. Around 3pm he buzzed Cynthia to get him some soup. He wasn't in treatment yet but he felt queezy just b/c he was fatigued as Hell so he asked for two cans of ginger ale, too. Cynthia literally handed him his lunch through the door. He knew he looked too worn out for her to see his face.

Brian was able to stick it out the whole day but he was so exhausted he could barely speak. Honestly, he doesn't even know why he went to work today. Brian just hadn't been thinking clearly since that guy Shane dropped the anvil on Brian's head that changed his life. He should've gone to the loft after dropping Justin off, put on some sweats so his incision could breathe a little. AND JUST SLEPT THE DAY AWAY. But what's done is done.

So, he put his black sunglasses on before he stepped out of his office then just growled at Cynthia as he was leaving, "Staff meeting. Tomorrow 10am". He stuffed the papers he was working on in her hand. He mumbled, "Everything's approved, signed, whatever. Do what you need to do with it." And he walked out. He hated being such a d--k but if he was any nicer he would be inviting Cynthia to converse about work, ask questions about his trip, and maybe even really look at him. Brian couldn't let that happen, even with his black shades on, because Cynthia, his sharp-as-a-tack assistant, would know something was pretty wrong.

Brian gave a spent sigh of relief when he finally walked through the loft door. His first sight was Justin sitting on his Mies Van Der Rohe. He had a huge, excited smile on his face, chatting up a storm about his meeting with Keller. But, Brian only had the strength for whispered monosyllabic answers. Why had he asked Justin to come over tonight?? How could he, in this state, pretend everything was fine and match Justin's enthusiasm? Why did he ask Justin over this very first night home when it would be impossible to feign normalcy? Why did he do that, again???

He reluctantly answered himself while he was in the shower. Because Brian MISSED Justin. He NEEDED Justin. And...what he couldn't tell himself but what he knew anyway...because...Brian was desperately and insecurely in love with him. If Justin ever found out Brian had a ball removed his worst fear was that Justin would walk out that door and never come back. So, Brian wanted every second he could get with him while Justin was still his. Better to fake it while feeling like sh-- with Sunshine next to him than to be free to moan and groan as loud as he wanted alone in the dark without that Sunshine.

That was the last thought Brian had as he came back into the bedroom. He gave Justin a weak smile (though he felt he was projecting bravado), pecked him on the lips softly but quickly, carefully got into bed, and fell asleep for the night.

Justin was in complete shock. But, he was so hungry. He thought they were spending the night together with some take out and f---ing for dessert so he hadn't eaten since the meeting with Keller. He fixed himself a sandwich as quietly as possible and woofed it down in six bites. Then Justin unobtrusively got in the bed next to Brian, careful not to get too close to him but wanting desperately to wrap his whole body around Brian, his partner and the love of his life, forming a protective cocoon.

Waves of shock rolled over him. THE F---? WTF?? Wait, WTF?? Um...WTF????? Moments of clarity flashed when he felt grim then scared. Why didn't he tell me? So....that's why he blew up when I pressed him about Ibiza. Should I tell him I know? Is he gonna be OK? WTF??? And I made him prove to me that he missed me. F---! Did Michael know about this??? Grounding thoughts peeked through the fog... they could handle whatever comes their way like the partners they are. Then back to a series of WTF??? How does Brian think he can get away with this without me noticing??? That's just too weird. Is he that sick that he's just not thinking?? Is he gonna die??? More shock waves rolled over and paralyzed him. WTF?? Wait...HUH??? WTF?? Justin lay there awake the entire night listening to Brian groan every once in a while in discomfort. Justin was plain and simply so afraid that he lay there like a petrified rock and couldn't even remember if he blinked once the whole night.)

That's all the suggestions I have! It chafes my butt that this is so illogical that something has to be written outside of canon to make sense of it.

Anybody want to try to fit a square peg of logic into a round hole of Cowlipland and take a crack at it?

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-06-2017 at 10:12 AM
Old 11-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

There are certain things in QAF that are sooo deliciously fan-ficky.

The 110 trip to NY when B/J had sex in the hotel room. I've used that visual when reading fan fics when the scenario is similar.

But, my favorite fan-fickiness of QAF is Kinnetik. From Justin giving it its name right up to the end I get lost in a fantasy when Kinnetik's on the screen. I enjoyed it much better in season 4 because of who Brian was. In season 5 I didn't enjoy him in Kinnetik as much.

But even in season 5 when Ted's looking for a husband and Brian tells Ted that he's cancer free and they hug and Brian gives that swift "yeah, yeah, yeah." Even the fact that Ted works there is just fan-ficky.

I don't know why I think it's fan-ficky and I don't know why I find it delicious when canon seems fan-ficky.

But, it's yummy.

Anybody else feel that way or have other things in QAF that appear fan-ficky to you?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Four of my favorite B/J moments:

"That's clever." "It's genius."

"Hi Honey"

"Hmph...it was love to me."

"If I don't do this now I never will."

OH!! AND THIS ONE!! BRIAN AND JUSTIN WENT IN FOR A KISS LIKE THEY USED TO!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 07:20 PM
Old 11-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Iso so love the scene where Brian touches Justins nose with his and keeps on playing with his hair.. it is such a romantic scene .. look at his smile and the bedhair

thanks for posting those Beth

icon by Daggi
Old 11-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Iso so love the scene where Brian touches Justins nose with his and keeps on playing with his hair.. it is such a romantic scene .. look at his smile and the bedhair

thanks for posting those Beth

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, no problem!! I can post pictures now!!!! And, Deborah created a monster. LOL

And, Justin says Brian doesn't cuddle. SHEESH!!!

Do any of you feel that Kinnetik is fan-ficky? I feel all yummy when they're in Kinnetik. It's like I'm reading a good fanfic and somebody created it in their story.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, no problem!! I can post pictures now!!!! And, Deborah created a monster. LOL

And, Justin says Brian doesn't cuddle. SHEESH!!!

Do any of you feel that Kinnetik is fan-ficky? I feel all yummy when they're in Kinnetik. It's like I'm reading a good fanfic and somebody created it in their story.
A monster we appreciate very much

Kinnetik doesn't feel fanficky to me, but you can feel that this is all Brians baby he is his own boss and he makes the rules without having to explain himslef.. he can be himself.. and with Cynthia and Ted as his right and left arm he was comfy enough to even let his guard down later, telling Ted about the big C and how he felt loosing J nad M..

what I awould have loved is, that Justin started to work there too as boss of the art department

icon by Daggi
Old 11-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
A monster we appreciate very much

Kinnetik doesn't feel fanficky to me, but you can feel that this is all Brians baby he is his own boss and he makes the rules without having to explain himslef.. he can be himself.. and with Cynthia and Ted as his right and left arm he was comfy enough to even let his guard down later, telling Ted about the big C and how he felt loosing J nad M..
Brian's baby led to substantial wealth, too. YUP!! It's soooooo fan-ficky to me. YUM!!!

Quote:
what I awould have loved is, that Justin started to work there too as boss of the art department
ITA, and...spoiler tag!!

Spoiler:

I just love Kinnetik's aesthetic. And, another spoiler tag!

Post 513
Spoiler:

"Leave it to you to turn a bathhouse into the Worldwide Headquarters of Kinnetik, Inc." Justin, 404

AND BRIAN TURNED KINNETIK INC INTO MY FAN-FICKIEST FANTASY!!! LOL

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-10-2017 at 01:38 PM
Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't watch 414 except for two scenes. I've tried. I've seen it twice. The episode's just not for me. The other day it was playing and I happened to enter the room. I must have missed this fantasy sequence the other times I watched.

Brian's a total cripple now struggling to make this ride with one arm. He's hallucinating.

He sees his own image giving him the thumbs down or something.

Then he sees Justin and my heart just lit up. It gives him the courage to go on. And, Justin's walking/running with him as he's biking. Justin's not giving up on him. He's travelling WITH Brian cheering him on all the way!

Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It is painful to watch Brian treating himslef that way.. he was in totally pain and he felt left alone.. It warmed my heart to see him imagine Justin to cheer him on that means he took his willpower out of the love to Justin.

But the conversation he had with Michale, who suggested him to give up (which really would have been the right decition in my eyes too) made clear why he did it.. he was still scared and had to do it to believe in himself again..

I think that Michale staied at his side after that conversation and helped him to end the race no matter what, showed again how deep their friendship was. and there was not once a sexual moment in that friendship scene

icon by Daggi
Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It is painful to watch Brian treating himslef that way.. he was in totally pain and he felt left alone.. It warmed my heart to see him imagine Justin to cheer him on that means he took his willpower out of the love to Justin.

But the conversation he had with Michale, who suggested him to give up (which really would have been the right decition in my eyes too) made clear why he did it.. he was still scared and had to do it to believe in himself again..
ITA. A) I just wish Justin was with him as the trip was supposed to go down. B) I wish he didn't have to be so stupid as to ride with no hands to impress that guy (plenty of other ways to impress him.) C) But, I get it. Brian was a wreck in every aspect of his life: masculinity, health, youth.

Quote:
I think that Michale staied at his side after that conversation and helped him to end the race no matter what, showed again how deep their friendship was. and there was not once a sexual moment in that friendship scene
You're right. No sexually mixed signals and thank God, no reminiscing.

Sorry to be so negative but it should've been Justin riding along side him that whole way. I get the whole California story line had to happen but I was bitter that B/J didn't get to experience that ride together. (And, so was Justin.)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
ITA. A) I just wish Justin was with him as the trip was supposed to go down. B) I wish he didn't have to be so stupid as to ride with no hands to impress that guy (plenty of other ways to impress him.) C) But, I get it. Brian was a wreck in every aspect of his life: masculinity, health, youth.

You're right. No sexually mixed signals and thank God, no reminiscing.

Sorry to be so negative but it should've been Justin riding along side him that whole way. I get the whole California story line had to happen but I was bitter that B/J didn't get to experience that ride together. (And, so was Justin.)
I'm sure Justin would have stayed by his side if he would have gone with him.. but Michale did a good job to bring him home, and Justin was waiting in the freezing cold for him to arrive

icon by Daggi
Old 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm sure Justin would have stayed by his side if he would have gone with him.. but Michale did a good job to bring him home, and Justin was waiting in the freezing cold for him to arrive
I still say the writers robbed B/J of this bonding and chance to experience something new together.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I still say the writers robbed B/J of this bonding and chance to experience something new together.
They did, but we can't change it, unless we start to write a differnet outcome ourselfes and I can't write at all..

icon by Daggi
Old 11-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They did, but we can't change it, unless we start to write a differnet outcome ourselfes and I can't write at all..
You're right. What's done is done.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all of the Justin cheering Brian on pics. I hated that part of the story. Not the ride, but Brian's stupidity. I didn't buy that. Why would a grown ass man try to show off like that. Not only that, but if he REALLY was doing the ride for this reason, I don't believe for one moment that he would take the risk.

https://youtu.be/w2wBpRdAQD8
Closed Thread   Post New Thread