Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 03:32 AM
  #46
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
So I restated season 3 again tonight - it's so sad at the start when Brian is trying to find all this tricks and even paying for them to find guys that look like Justin He is in so much pain but he just doesn't know how to deal with it all

I do love his green corvette I like cars and corvettes are very nice cars and green is my favourite colour as double bonus

Also, why do we see Brian sitting around watching an old movie and relaxing when we don't see him and Justin doing that - which is what Justin wanted - just hanging together

By the way what is their problem with the Carnivale? Why do they say it has humiliated them? It made them a lot of money and looked a lot like what I imagine a carnivale might look like Just guessing but just looked like a big party - just a bit wilder

Last edited by fmaldy24; 08-01-2017 at 04:31 AM
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:57 AM
  #47
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
So I restated season 3 again tonight - it's so sad at the start when Brian is trying to find all this tricks and even paying for them to find guys that look like Justin He is in so much pain but he just doesn't know how to deal with it all

I do love his green corvette I like cars and corvettes are very nice cars and green is my favourite colour as double bonus

Also, why do we see Brian sitting around watching an old movie and relaxing when we don't see him and Justin doing that - which is what Justin wanted - just hanging together

By the way what is their problem with the Carnivale? Why do they say it has humiliated them? It made them a lot of money and looked a lot like what I imagine a carnivale might look like Just guessing but just looked like a big party - just a bit wilder
I heard that Gale did not like the corvette. Also it seemed a bit too small for him, like he is so tall, sometimes it was ackward I noticed it when they went to Virginia with Justin, he had to bend his head.
Yeh, they did not show us BJ in domestic scenery or hanging together much unlike Michael and Ben. They probably did not want to portray Brian at all in this way because it would go against their plan that Brian would not settle down. This time he is watching tv at home because he is so devastated by the breakup that he does not have even energy to go outside, dance etc, like in 513 in complete end when Justin leaves. He also sits home till Michael comes to take him out.
Carnevale - yeh. As you said it was too wild, too much nudity probably etc. And they regarded themselves as serious organisation and thought ths would harm their reputation.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  #48
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
I have so much to read through. Thank you so much for all of the conversation.

I agree that S3 starts off so sad. It's the first time we see an entirely different Brian. One who shows his anger, pain, resentment, jealousy and even spitefulness. But the season ended up with so much hope and celebration.

302


314
__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:56 PM
  #49
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 43,758
Thanks for those wonderful gifs
It ws so good to see a different side of Brian but I'm sure that there were some times were Brian stayed home to watch his movies.. he could speak along with them, but maybe Justin wasn't interested in that kind of moves and that is why he didn't enjoy them with Brian
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:17 PM
  #50
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Thanks for those wonderful gifs
It ws so good to see a different side of Brian but I'm sure that there were some times were Brian stayed home to watch his movies.. he could speak along with them, but maybe Justin wasn't interested in that kind of moves and that is why he didn't enjoy them with Brian
Thatd truth, Brian even says in s4 that Justin has no understanding for western movies, when they are discussing the gun.
But maybe they could spend time together doing some other activity (except sex), more hanging out.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 05:41 AM
  #51
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Thatd truth, Brian even says in s4 that Justin has no understanding for western movies, when they are discussing the gun.
But maybe they could spend time together doing some other activity (except sex), more hanging out.
That's true - I forgot about that

Well I'm about to see Ethan and Justin break up so I'm about to see Brian and Justin get back together soon Yah!

Then I get more Brain and Justin time and then I get to see them cha cha
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:24 AM
  #52
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
That's true - I forgot about that

Well I'm about to see Ethan and Justin break up so I'm about to see Brian and Justin get back together soon Yah!

Then I get more Brain and Justin time and then I get to see them cha cha
Yeh, there are some positive things about their breakup, like beautiful reunion scene in Brians office, chacha dance or scene with Justin putting bracelet on Brians hand
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:13 AM
  #53
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
That's true - I forgot about that

Well I'm about to see Ethan and Justin break up so I'm about to see Brian and Justin get back together soon Yah!

Then I get more Brain and Justin time and then I get to see them cha cha
My favorite!



__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:25 PM
  #54
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44,419
This scene is just.... mon Amour

Deborah, your gifs look FANTASTIC!
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:21 AM
  #55
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 43,758
They are so lost in each other one of my favourite dancing scenes with them
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:01 AM
  #56
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 44,419
Their love was so intoxicating to witness.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:38 AM
  #57
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Their love was so intoxicating to witness.
It sure is I watched cha cha a number of times - just rewind over and over. I love that little split second after the re-open the back room as well - it's such a short piece but oh I love it .

I also love how you see Brian change from it's all business to enough is enough and using everything he has to take a risk to make a change . He just keeps changing and growing

Does anyone else think it's wrong that Brian's boss came to his loft at night to talk to him? I know it's part of the story of him losing his job but should a boss be able to come to someone's house at night and confront them? Shouldn't it be that they only confront them at work?
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:04 AM
  #58
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
It sure is I watched cha cha a number of times - just rewind over and over. I love that little split second after the re-open the back room as well - it's such a short piece but oh I love it .

I also love how you see Brian change from it's all business to enough is enough and using everything he has to take a risk to make a change . He just keeps changing and growing

Does anyone else think it's wrong that Brian's boss came to his loft at night to talk to him? I know it's part of the story of him losing his job but should a boss be able to come to someone's house at night and confront them? Shouldn't it be that they only confront them at work?
Thats good question. It would be better at work but its not illegal, at least I think its not, and Stockwell was so angry that he did not want to wait a minute.
What I dont understand why Brian did not lock his loft and simply did not answer door when he did not want to? Especially after all different bad experience he had for example when his mum came etc. Again it was necessary for these storylines to happen and it probably symbolized that he did not have private commited relationship so his loft was open to anyone, but on the other hand it makes him somewhat weak that he lets himself influenced too much by the others and does not say no.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:07 AM
  #59
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 43,758
That are two very good questions..

The "Boss at home" incident.. well. I'm sure that Stockwell was the pushing person to visit Brian at home.. and since Vance didn't want to lose his client, and that client was policechief also, I guess he just went with it..

To "Brian answering the door" I wondered the same, no matter what ocasion.. honestly, I wouldn't answer the door to anyone, if I would be in bed with someone.. no way.. and even not locking the door, I find it rude of other people just to bage in... friend or not.. I experienced that myself, cause I don'T lock my front door regularily and some people are just too lazy to go back downstairs and front to ring the bell.. now the have to stop on our second front door cause it can't be opened without a key, but when I leav it open too, cause maybe I expect ma sister, it happened that a person just stood in the hallway and called.. I never would do that.. I don't think it makes Brian look weak, but it makes him kind of human, even if we don't understand at some times
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:59 PM
  #60
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
That are two very good questions..

The "Boss at home" incident.. well. I'm sure that Stockwell was the pushing person to visit Brian at home.. and since Vance didn't want to lose his client, and that client was policechief also, I guess he just went with it..

To "Brian answering the door" I wondered the same, no matter what ocasion.. honestly, I wouldn't answer the door to anyone, if I would be in bed with someone.. no way.. and even not locking the door, I find it rude of other people just to bage in... friend or not.. I experienced that myself, cause I don'T lock my front door regularily and some people are just too lazy to go back downstairs and front to ring the bell.. now the have to stop on our second front door cause it can't be opened without a key, but when I leav it open too, cause maybe I expect ma sister, it happened that a person just stood in the hallway and called.. I never would do that.. I don't think it makes Brian look weak, but it makes him kind of human, even if we don't understand at some times
Yeah, its rude and people continued to do it because he allowed them to. I meant weak in sense that he let others dictate him , but its truth he is inly human
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
discussion, queer as folk


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.