Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 3 discussion #12: Because they fought for their rights, their love and their future

If you aren't spoiled and haven't seen the episodes beyond Season 3, then this thread is perfect for you. Discuss away!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Manu

I find it funny how Lindsay is looking at Michael in that second to last picture
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt,Manu

It is a weird/funny look,IMO. and look how fierce Mel looks here

I can't get enough of that BJ kiss
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ever since you pointed it out Vered, i guess at the start of the last thread??, I can't help but notice J's standoffishness, leaning back away from the kiss with Ethan in #3 (above) compared with the Brian kiss, #5, and Claudia's comment about it of how body language speaks volumes.

˙
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You guys really should come over that Ethan-promo...
There are kisses with Brian Justin leans back, too. No one would ever even think he doesn't want to kiss him, right?

Especially since Justin doesn't really avoid the Ethan-kiss on the show, while the Brian kiss is non-existable

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was thinking the same neither thing really happens on the show
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

those stills were not on the show, but even in the actual scene you can tell there is a difference between E/J kiss and BJ kiss/hug.
I'm not saying Justin didn't want to kiss Ethan in that scene, it's just that there is an obvious difference in their body language ,as chase and Claudia pointed out. there is a different energy between E/J and BJ and different chemistry.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok, I rewatched that scene to see how things really went Justin does pull away but it's because he's kidding about paparazzi being there so Ethan has to be careful but the scene is actually a positive one for Ethan and Justin.
Of course I think Justin never loved Ethan as he loved Brian, but I don't think there's really a body language that tells us Justin is not into Ethan. The kisses are different just because they're different couples and Brian and Ethan are different people. Of course Brian is generally more passionate so the body language comes out as more passionate. Also, I have nothing against Fab Filippo, but even though he's cute, Gale is much sexier and that's something that contributes to how the scenes look
Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

If you just re-watched, could you figure out if it came down to the editors fixing that scene? I think they had to blow up/enlarge the top half of the screen so they could crop it below the waist as I believe Ethan is still holding the violin case during the kiss in the show even though we just saw him put it in the trunk and close the lid immediately before it. It's not just cutting to a close-up. There's quite noticeable deterioration in quality, fuzziness, for just that moment.

Anyway, here's where u put the 2 pics together Manu.

˙
Old 07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't we talk about this before?
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they edited, I think those pics are promos, they're not necessary taken while they shot the scene, but before or after. They're suppose to be just promos.

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

These pics are stills. Still are pictures taken by a photographer during shooting, I believe. A scene is filmed several times from different angles and then they are edited and cut and chosen when the episode is put together. Of course it can happen that a still taken during filming is different than how the scene is on the episode, because it might have been taken during a different shot than the one used for the episode or it might represent a moment that was instead cut on the episode that aired.
I think that picture of Justin and Ethan was taken during filming that scene and the scene actually happens like that, but the photographer chose to take a picture of them from the waiste up while the cameraman did a full body shot. That's the only difference.
The BJ kiss was clearly cut instead, I don't know why

ETA: Just rewatched the scene again because I'm curious Chase Ethan still has the violin during the kiss also on the episode. What he puts into the trunk is two bags. We see Justin carrying the violin untill the kiss, when instead you can see it hanging from Ethan's left shoulder. You can see the strap and then him putting the violin in the car before getting in himself. it's just a different take of the same scene. And Justin is supposed to pull away like that just because he's kidding on paparazzi being there and having to hide. The big difference is that in the still he doesn't have a happy face while on the actual episode he's smiling. Here's a cap:

Last edited by Manu9; 07-14-2010 at 05:20 AM
Old 07-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hardly doubt that every promo(still) we got was taken while shooting and that is also not always normal. Sometimes, yes but sometimes they really do the promos as promos. At least that's how they do it in Germany.

Steffi
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

As far as I know, stills are just pictures of the scenes, but I'm not an expert

Anyway, this was an interesting conversation and the conclusion to me is that even though I'd like to think Justin was pulling away because he didn't want to kiss Ethan, it's not like that
Old 07-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think about the Season 5 still from episode 5.12 - that scene doesn't include pics like that, so... I am sure there's a difference between scene-pics (like the one between Michael/Mel/Linds and also Em/Ted/Brian) and promos.

Awwww... don't be so mean to my poor fiddler-boy
It's not his fault that Justin isn't with Brian anymore and that Brian isn't with Justin anymore.

Steffi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread