Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2018, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
it is hard to ask for help for everybody who always does everything on his own.. I myself have troubel to do so and to give away work to others.. cause I normally always have to do everything myself..

and Brian knew he had to make Justin learn this lesson by himslef,.. he couldn't do more then to offer and wait
Like we said Brian was always good like that - letting Justin be his own person - he didn't like it and told him so but he still knew he had to let him do it at the same time.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:14 AM
Extreme Fan

So, I have an interesting topic (I hope anyways lol)

What are your thoughts on Lindsay's grandmother being gay, seeing how she was in a relationship with a woman? This was her mother's mother, right? So, I wonder if Lindsay's mother knew.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's good question I don't know if she knew because she carried on so much about Lindsay being a lesbian and about her not having the wedding dress and her wedding not being like her sisters which was 'real'. So I guess she didn't know or she didn't want to acknowledge it in her own daughter as well.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
That's good question I don't know if she knew because she carried on so much about Lindsay being a lesbian and about her not having the wedding dress and her wedding not being like her sisters which was 'real'. So I guess she didn't know or she didn't want to acknowledge it in her own daughter as well.
That definitely makes sense. She either didn't know or did know and resented her mother for it and therefore her own daughter.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
That definitely makes sense. She either didn't know or did know and resented her mother for it and therefore her own daughter.
Sad but could be - she seemed very proper and didn't seem to accept them together or Melanie even after they had been together for like 10 years or so
Old 07-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Sad but could be - she seemed very proper and didn't seem to accept them together or Melanie even after they had been together for like 10 years or so
Which makes me angry. She outright ignored her daughter’s sexuality. What is wrong with some people?!
Old 07-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Which makes me angry. She outright ignored her daughter’s sexuality. What is wrong with some people?!
I really don't understand why some people care so much who someone sleeps with. It just seems so odd sometimes when there are so many other things to focus on.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I really don't understand why some people care so much who someone sleeps with. It just seems so odd sometimes when there are so many other things to focus on.
Exactly. Way too many actual problems in the world than who someone chooses to love.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
sometimes it seems to me that people just can't stand that others find happiness in different ways.. it absolutly should be a private thing about with whom you go to bed.. and normally it is a toppic that people, if they are interested in an other person test very carfully and don't try to get the other person in bed no matter what.. (other then in religion, where people sometimes get spoken to directly) and the people that are sick in any way, like rapists or pedophyles, they can be found in any direction.. that's what makes me sad.. people get pidgeonholed without knowing them...

icon by Daggi
Old 07-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
So, I have an interesting topic (I hope anyways lol)

What are your thoughts on Lindsay's grandmother being gay, seeing how she was in a relationship with a woman? This was her mother's mother, right? So, I wonder if Lindsay's mother knew.
Fantastic question! Everyone has already delivered their two cents on this topic, but I've agreed with pretty much everything that has been said already.

Lindsay's mother suspected her own mother of being gay, and ever since, has had a major aversion towards others whose sexuality traverses around the same-sex, LGBTQ spectrum. This being why she would turn her nose up at her own daughter and her partner for the sake of uplifting the institution of marriage. She was a total freaking hypocrite, as she gleefully celebrated Lenette's 100th wedding in 5 or so odd years. I'm glad Lindsay did what she did at Lennette's reception, upstaging the overly-entitled, blushing hetero bride that is her sister.

I know it sounds like I'm fuming, but it's only because I am. I legit dislike that Lindsay's parents threw her away. It wasn't even a thought for them to show up at the wedding Brian and co. had arranged, despite the parents not having to pay for anything.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-13-2018, 07:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Fantastic question! Everyone has already delivered their two cents on this topic, but I've agreed with pretty much everything that has been said already.

Lindsay's mother suspected her own mother of being gay, and ever since, has had a major aversion towards others whose sexuality traverses around the same-sex, LGBTQ spectrum. This being why she would turn her nose up at her own daughter and her partner for the sake of uplifting the institution of marriage. She was a total freaking hypocrite, as she gleefully celebrated Lenette's 100th wedding in 5 or so odd years. I'm glad Lindsay did what she did at Lennette's reception, upstaging the overly-entitled, blushing hetero bride that is her sister.

I know it sounds like I'm fuming, but it's only because I am. I legit dislike that Lindsay's parents threw her away. It wasn't even a thought for them to show up at the wedding Brian and co. had arranged, despite the parents not having to pay for anything.
Oh I agree with you completely. It makes me so mad to see how her parents treated her, like--I just want to scream "how dare you?!".
Old 07-13-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

I don't think that Lindsay's parents got anninvitation after what they did.. at least I wouldn't have done that, and since it was thrown together so short notice they wouldn't even known where it was.. which isn't an excuse for that..

Lindsays mom suspected her mom being gay? did she mention that? I must have missed that.. I thought it was a complete secret between her and the other woman.. and the letters were very interesting.. knowing it was during a time where they both could have been killed for it or thrown into jail.. they were two tough women and to know they both loved each other so deep that even after all this years they didn't forget each other was just sad her grandmother didn't get that last letter anymore

icon by Daggi
Old 07-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Daggi, you're right. It was this very hidden secret that only Lindsay's grandmother and lover would have known. We could be completely wrong about this, but it is a very good theory when you put it in context. Either way, Lindsay's folks were definitely homophobic. Maybe it wasn't just the well-hidden letters that could have tipped off Lindsay's mother to know about the affairs. She still could have put to two and two together, and find out somehow. Or may she completely didn't know anything about the affair and was just inherently homophobic.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Daggi, you're right. It was this very hidden secret that only Lindsay's grandmother and lover would have known. We could be completely wrong about this, but it is a very good theory when you put it in context. Either way, Lindsay's folks were definitely homophobic. Maybe it wasn't just the well-hidden letters that could have tipped off Lindsay's mother to know about the affairs. She still could have put to two and two together, and find out somehow. Or may she completely didn't know anything about the affair and was just inherently homophobic.
maybe her homophobic behaviour came with the persons they werecsurrounded.. it seemed they used to hang out with ,what we call, better people then normal ones.. just thinking about their tennis double

icon by Daggi
Old 07-31-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
maybe her homophobic behaviour came with the persons they werecsurrounded.. it seemed they used to hang out with ,what we call, better people then normal ones.. just thinking about their tennis double
Yeah, that's definitely a possibility too.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread