Old 07-06-2017, 03:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks a lot

now we have visions too
Old 07-06-2017, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thank you for posting. Brian and Cynthia were such a dynamic duo at work.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

They came alonge really good and had a good chemistry at work.. that's why she staied with Brian as an employer
Old 07-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I wonder if she ever met his friends.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I think my favourite part of season 2 is Brian helping Justin recover from the bashing. He holds his hand on the street and waits for him on the street when he is walking by himself and helps him to be touched and loved again . He is so sweet and so patient with him and helps him when no-one else can. It's very special I think
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

His therapists sessions certainly did not seem to be helping all that much. And much like Debbie said, he needed someone he could be vulnerable with and close to during that time of healing, which was Brian. Jennifer reacted in a typical way of most moms when denying Brian access to her son: which is to protect. But I think keeping them apart was hurting Justin more because.... even though he wasn't remembering clearly what happened that night, he had an idea that Brian was there when the bashing happened. Therefore, he did not really trust anyone but him. Was Justin hanging out with Brian the most conventional way of overcoming trauma? No, but it was the only way he felt more like the guy he was before this happened.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

And most importantly, Brian didn't try to treat him differently like before. He didn't put him under a glassshell but he forced him to come across his fears with taking him out on crowded places. He just was there to reasure him, but he let him face his demons on his own. And for Brian , that was important too.. he had witnessed the whole incident and with Jennifer forbidding him to see Justin, she hurt him deeply.. she took Brian the only way of apologizing to Justin in his own way, with actions and not words..
Old 07-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
And most importantly, Brian didn't try to treat him differently like before. He didn't put him under a glassshell but he forced him to come across his fears with taking him out on crowded places. He just was there to reasure him, but he let him face his demons on his own. And for Brian , that was important too.. he had witnessed the whole incident and with Jennifer forbidding him to see Justin, she hurt him deeply.. she took Brian the only way of apologizing to Justin in his own way, with actions and not words..
Thank you I hadn't thought about it like that before with Brian supporting but not treating him differently.

I didn't like Justin's mum saying those things to Brian. I understand she was trying to protect Justin but it wasn't Brian's fault - he wasn't the reason - Chris Hobbs was - it was his actions alone. Otherwise it feels a little like victim blaming because Brian was a victim and traumatised as well.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:05 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Thank you I hadn't thought about it like that before with Brian supporting but not treating him differently.

I didn't like Justin's mum saying those things to Brian. I understand she was trying to protect Justin but it wasn't Brian's fault - he wasn't the reason - Chris Hobbs was - it was his actions alone. Otherwise it feels a little like victim blaming because Brian was a victim and traumatised as well.
Yeh, it was not nice from Justins mother but when I think about it probably most parents would have same reaction, in that state of mind you cannot think rationally or with clarity, in her mind all Justins problems started when he met Brian so she thought when she would take him away from Brians world, she could save him from any harm. Thats of course not solution, because even if he would not see Brian anymore, he would still be gay and could face some other homophobic situation, she cannot isolate Justin in vacuum bubble.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Yeh, it was not nice from Justins mother but when I think about it probably most parents would have same reaction, in that state of mind you cannot think rationally or with clarity, in her mind all Justins problems started when he met Brian so she thought when she would take him away from Brians world, she could save him from any harm. Thats of course not solution, because even if he would not see Brian anymore, he would still be gay and could face some other homophobic situation, she cannot isolate Justin in vacuum bubble.
And she had to admitt it very soon that it was the wrong decition.. It made me happy that Brian did the favour for Justin to take care of him and help him
Old 07-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And she had to admitt it very soon that it was the wrong decition.. It made me happy that Brian did the favour for Justin to take care of him and help him
It was favour for himself also
He was clearly sad when he was telling it to Lindsay that Jennifer forbid him to see Justin.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

You already could see that when he walked away after Jennifer told him not to see Justin anymore,...
Old 07-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You already could see that when he walked away after Jennifer told him not to see Justin anymore,...
Truth, that was so painful to see, how he returned Jennifer the ball without saying the word although he wanted to but all power left him. And then his face returning to car
Old 07-27-2017, 04:50 AM
Extreme Fan

He did look so sad when he gave the ball back and he even told Justin's mother that he cared about him which must have been hard to do.

I was watching season two last night and you see when Justin and Brian are talking and Justin pulls the bloody scarf off his neck. You see them look at each other and they share this look and it looks like Justin is looking at him and seeing how much he cares and Brian looks away because it seems like he doesn't want Justin to see how much he does care and how much the accident has affected him.

They need each other and to talk each other about the accident. They were the only two there when the accident happened and they needed to support each other and when Justin says it wasn't your fault and hugs him it's like Brian can believe it for the first time and can start to get past it and help him heal and himself . I really like the start of season 2 where they really work together to help each other heal.
Reply   Post New Thread