Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2017, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I wish that Brian had either stayed behind an attended the wedding or Justin went along with him to the white party. It seems that even if Brian were sprawled out on a couple of hot bodies, high as the air around him, he still would have been quite lonely/miserable without someone he'd truly knew being by his side.
I agree - he just didn't seem very happy and I thought he said that to Justin to cover up that he wasn't happy that he wasn't going with him. I also thought at the end he did want to go to the wedding as he was trying to give away the tickets and sort of went because Lindsay just pushed him too.

Quote:
He tries to become selfsufficient, more independent, wants to prove that he is able to take care of himself. Which I understand because he wants to feel being more equal in their relationship

I understand that but I just don't like the way he went about it or that he would rather let the boss blow him than take some help from Brian. And when Brian says I know how you got to dance on the bar he just says so i let him blow me big deal even though I think he knew Brian didn't like it.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Justin could be very stubborn sometimes, it's just in his nature.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-30-2017, 03:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

True

So I am coming closer to the end of season 2 again and I don't like it at all knowing that Ethan is coming up.

I don't know what other people think but does anyone like Ethan? I personally don't like him and I was just wondering what other people thought?
Old 07-30-2017, 03:37 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
True

So I am coming closer to the end of season 2 again and I don't like it at all knowing that Ethan is coming up.

I don't know what other people think but does anyone like Ethan? I personally don't like him and I was just wondering what other people thought?
I dont like him because he was in the way of Brian and Justin, was sort of Brians of competition. BUT otherwise if he would not be interfering in our couple, I would not mind him so much. I dont have such big problem with him. He is not someone inspiring just regular guy.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I dont like him because he was in the way of Brian and Justin, was sort of Brians of competition. BUT otherwise if he would not be interfering in our couple, I would not mind him so much. I dont have such big problem with him. He is not someone inspiring just regular guy.
I think my problem with him is he is always coming onto Justin despite knowing that he is living with someone. He says comments like if I was your boyfriend I would do this and I just want someone to have picnics with and talk to - he knows he is in a relationship but doesn't seem to care or mind and tries to get Justin anyway. That's my opinion anyway. I'm just a bit like if someone is with someone they are off limits.

Thoughts?
Old 07-30-2017, 03:48 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think my problem with him is he is always coming onto Justin despite knowing that he is living with someone. He says comments like if I was your boyfriend I would do this and I just want someone to have picnics with and talk to - he knows he is in a relationship but doesn't seem to care or mind and tries to get Justin anyway. That's my opinion anyway. I'm just a bit like if someone is with someone they are off limits.

Thoughts?
Yes, thats what I meant that he came between Justin and Brian. For me also if someone is in relationship is off limits but thats not rule for many people. And also we should not forget that Justin was quiet open to them flirting wth each other, so he in certain way encouraged Ethan to continue with his approaches.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yes, thats what I meant that he came between Justin and Brian. For me also if someone is in relationship is off limits but thats not rule for many people. And also we should not forget that Justin was quiet open to them flirting wth each other, so he in certain way encouraged Ethan to continue with his approaches.
Yeah he was open to flirting and he let himself be caught into this 'romantic' story that Ethan told. He could've gone away as well but in a way I guess after it finished it made him see how much Brian did give him and how much what he had to offer was worth.

I know some people like Ethan but it was certainly him who saw what Justin seemed to need and played and commented on that and tried to win him away.

In a comment Randy said he was glad that Justin got a chance to have a different relationship and an age appropriate relationship. Do you think he didn't like the age difference between Justin and Brian and liked the one with Ethan better?
Old 07-30-2017, 04:00 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah he was open to flirting and he let himself be caught into this 'romantic' story that Ethan told. He could've gone away as well but in a way I guess after it finished it made him see how much Brian did give him and how much what he had to offer was worth.

I know some people like Ethan but it was certainly him who saw what Justin seemed to need and played and commented on that and tried to win him away.

In a comment Randy said he was glad that Justin got a chance to have a different relationship and an age appropriate relationship. Do you think he didn't like the age difference between Justin and Brian and liked the one with Ethan better?
I dont think it was question of age. Actually i think Justin realised how much more experienced he is than Ethan and that Ethan was not on his level. They were very ackward together. Even their sex scenes. It was not harmonic at all, but rather forced. But thats maybe just my impression. I think what Randy meant is that it gave him better perspective on what he had with Brian, sometimes you may think you miss something, but you are not.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I dont think it was question of age. Actually i think Justin realised how much more experienced he is than Ethan and that Ethan was not on his level. They were very ackward together. Even their sex scenes. It was not harmonic at all, but rather forced. But thats maybe just my impression. I think what Randy meant is that it gave him better perspective on what he had with Brian, sometimes you may think you miss something, but you are not.
Yeah you can see when he goes to the party with Ethan it is so not his scene and what he really feels comfortable with. He goes back to Babylon after they break up and is so much happier there with his old friends. It is where he is supposed to be and he sees that after he has had time away from Brian. He was like that at Daphne's party too - it wasn't his scene - he was different to them and more mature than them - he had already said to Brian what do I want with a kid who knows nothing because he was so much more mature than the others around him.

I think you could be right about the sex too - with Brian it was all passion and love and excitement but with Ethan it was more lukewarm.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:19 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah you can see when he goes to the party with Ethan it is so not his scene and what he really feels comfortable with. He goes back to Babylon after they break up and is so much happier there with his old friends. It is where he is supposed to be and he sees that after he has had time away from Brian. He was like that at Daphne's party too - it wasn't his scene - he was different to them and more mature than them - he had already said to Brian what do I want with a kid who knows nothing because he was so much more mature than the others around him.

I think you could be right about the sex too - with Brian it was all passion and love and excitement but with Ethan it was more lukewarm.
I think mainly he was not in love with Ethan, he liked him. It was nice to be with him because Ethan was seducing with romantic words, music etc. But the passion was not there and deeper connection was not there, he was rather trying to make it work. Btw I loved the scene where he is with Daphne in the store and describes his relationship with Ethan: its more romantic, its like Brahms or Mahler.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I think mainly he was not in love with Ethan, he liked him. It was nice to be with him because Ethan was seducing with romantic words, music etc. But the passion was not there and deeper connection was not there, he was rather trying to make it work. Btw I loved the scene where he is with Daphne in the store and describes his relationship with Ethan: its more romantic, its like Brahms or Mahler.
Yeah I think it was more the fact that he loved the romance and the flowers and chocolates and the music than Ethan I think. He thought he loved him but he was in love with the romance he offered.

So I'm re-watching season 2 at the moment .

1. Why do you think Emmett didn't fight more for the money - he could've. They had the video and everything they could've taken it further and Emmett wanted to do os much good with the money.

2. I loved the part where Brian is in the hospital and tells Michael how strong he his and how he was with him in the hospital for 3 days waiting to hear about Justin and you hear Brian's voice break and you actually see a little more about how much he feels for him I love that Brian shows that little bit

3. Do you think Michael should've told Brian about Justin kissing Ethan, even if it was just a hint and not so much full out who and what he saw? Should he have not said anything?

4. Do you think Justin should have left with Ethan at the Rage party in front of everyone? Was that fair of him?

So many questions as I watch

Last edited by fmaldy24; 07-31-2017 at 01:58 AM
Old 07-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I think it was more the fact that he loved the romance and the flowers and chocolates and the music than Ethan I think. He thought he loved him but he was in love with the romance he offered.

1. Why do you think Emmett didn't fight more for the money - he could've. They had the video and everything they could've taken it further and Emmett wanted to do os much good with the money.

2. I loved the part where Brian is in the hospital and tells Michael how strong he his and how he was with him in the hospital for 3 days waiting to hear about Justin and you hear Brian's voice break and you actually see a little more about how much he feels for him I love that Brian shows that little bit

3. Do you think Michael should've told Brian about Justin kissing Ethan, even if it was just a hint and not so much full out who and what he saw? Should he have not said anything?

4. Do you think Justin should have left with Ethan at the Rage party in front of everyone? Was that fair of him?

Some of my thoughtw

1. They had video but they already used video to get that 1 million settlement, so for not using video, he should have gotten 1 million, otherwise it would be zero. But he had to sign the papers denying his relationship with George so he refused the money because did not wanted betray his love to Georgey. He did not want to lose his dignity and truth.
2. Yes, that was very strong scene and we have learnt from Brian how he suffered during those 3 days. But at same time its a bit sad because here Brian shows his love for Justin, but in the meanwhile Justin is drifting apart from him....if he just knew that Brian was at hospital, Ethan would not happen maybe.
3. Difficult to say. Ben told him not to say anything. But on other hand he was his best friend. So I understand why he did it. Seeing that his best friend is being betrayed and lied to. Justin was then angry at Michael because of it, but what Justin planned to do? End it with Ethan or tell it to Brian himself? It did not seem so, he had chance in the shower but did not say anything. And truth would have been probably revealed sooner or later and I think more damage would have been done if it would have taken longer. And even if Justin would succeed to keep it secret, I think its better that truth was revealed even if it caused temporary breakup, because keeping it secret might have created even deeper drift between them
4. He was pissed that Brian was ****ing Rage telling him I am like this, accept it or leave, so he was really emotional and probably could not have done much else at that moment. Brian was brutally honest towards him and he reacted in the same way. So it might not have been ideal , but it was Brian who provoked it at the Rage party,
Old 08-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Some of my thoughtw

1. They had video but they already used video to get that 1 million settlement, so for not using video, he should have gotten 1 million, otherwise it would be zero. But he had to sign the papers denying his relationship with George so he refused the money because did not wanted betray his love to Georgey. He did not want to lose his dignity and truth.
2. Yes, that was very strong scene and we have learnt from Brian how he suffered during those 3 days. But at same time its a bit sad because here Brian shows his love for Justin, but in the meanwhile Justin is drifting apart from him....if he just knew that Brian was at hospital, Ethan would not happen maybe.
3. Difficult to say. Ben told him not to say anything. But on other hand he was his best friend. So I understand why he did it. Seeing that his best friend is being betrayed and lied to. Justin was then angry at Michael because of it, but what Justin planned to do? End it with Ethan or tell it to Brian himself? It did not seem so, he had chance in the shower but did not say anything. And truth would have been probably revealed sooner or later and I think more damage would have been done if it would have taken longer. And even if Justin would succeed to keep it secret, I think its better that truth was revealed even if it caused temporary breakup, because keeping it secret might have created even deeper drift between them
4. He was pissed that Brian was ****ing Rage telling him I am like this, accept it or leave, so he was really emotional and probably could not have done much else at that moment. Brian was brutally honest towards him and he reacted in the same way. So it might not have been ideal , but it was Brian who provoked it at the Rage party,
But Emmett could've kept fighting the case - he didn't need to let it go yet - he could've said no I want the money and I'm not signing anything. I know he didn't want people thinking bad about George but I don't know I still think it could've gone further

2. Brian did suffer - I don't know why he didn't want let Justin know that he was at the hospital or why he didn't buy the flowers or do any of those small little things that would've given Justin one tiny little bit of hope. I know he's not normally like that and it's not totally him but one small thing would've helped but then we wouldn't have had the breakup would we?

It is so sad at the end when Brian takes his mask off and looks at Justin like ok you made your choice
Old 08-01-2017, 05:24 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But Emmett could've kept fighting the case - he didn't need to let it go yet - he could've said no I want the money and I'm not signing anything. I know he didn't want people thinking bad about George but I don't know I still think it could've gone further

2. Brian did suffer - I don't know why he didn't want let Justin know that he was at the hospital or why he didn't buy the flowers or do any of those small little things that would've given Justin one tiny little bit of hope. I know he's not normally like that and it's not totally him but one small thing would've helped but then we wouldn't have had the breakup would we?

It is so sad at the end when Brian takes his mask off and looks at Justin like ok you made your choice
Emmett - he probably did not want to and even Mel did not tell him to fight further. Or writers just omitted to finish the story like many other times
Brian - yeh, if Brian showed some more signs of love to Justin, he would probably not be searching outside their relationship for something else. Brian probably did not do any of those things because he was afraid it would make him more vulnerable if he showed openly that he cares so much again and also it would bring new level of commitment, and make him responsible for such commitment, which he was afraid of because thought he would fail, he did not have much confidence in himself.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Etan as a person himslef wasn't a abad guy.. he just wasn't as mature as maybe Justin hoped and expected.. he didn't have much other comparisons to relationships and how they should work.. I'm not a huge fan of Ethan and his violine like Brian... but I don't hate the cahracter.. I'm the same way like you two, if someone is in a relationship, I wouldn't want to interfere the way Ethan did, but as you also said, Justin could have walked away instead of encouraging him.

now to your Questions Fiona:

1. I think Emmett didn't fight further for the money cause he knew that it won't bring anything but to put George into a bad light.. There is nothing written, and I think even if there would have been a last will on paper he wouldn't have been able to do much against the big money of Georges exwife.. I think the writers wanted to show how minorites are treated.. they just take them away the opportunities to fight for their rights if it is possible

2. Again they showed that the two friends since childhood were the strenght for each other. Michale was there for Brian in the end of season 1 risking his own relationship, and so was Brian in that scene, risking his job.. In my eyes a wonderful scene where it really only was about friendship and nothing in between. To hear Brian admit how much he cared for Justin even then between the lines is just and it makes the follow up breakup with Justin even more heartbreaking to me.. because Justin didn't see it..

3. Maybe it would have been better if Michale took Bens advice mot to interfere, but as his best friend he couldn't keep it quiet.. but maybe he just shouild have told Brian what he saw and not just hints.. maybe he didn't want to hurt Brian more then neccessary if it should turn out that he was wrong?

4. If it was fair from Justin to leave? I would say yes.. because Biran didn't care too when he was fing Rage at that party in front of everybody.. but maybe it would have turned out differently if Ethan wouldn't have shown up..

did anyone else think Ethan was not comfortable going to Babylon? He never went there before..

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread