Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
It's a travesty how much they misunderstood him. He was hurting so much, but they just could never shake that image they always had of him being this heartless, unfeeling person with no glimpse into the human condition.
They barley gave him a chance to show it to them.. that's why he hid it even better.. he kind of knew that they won't get it..

Yes Brian went to Justins hospitalbed during the night to watch over him when everybody else was asleep, but was it just his own guilt that made him go there, or was he avoiding everybody else, because he was afraid it would all come true, because he was afraid they all would blame him for what happened.. but since Justin was asking for him so bad, why coldn't he let at least him know he was there.. knowing that Justin asked for him, he must have known that Justin wouldn't blame him, but wanted to see him.. did he trust J so less?

icon by Daggi
Old 11-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
They barley gave him a chance to show it to them.. that's why he hid it even better.. he kind of knew that they won't get it..

Yes Brian went to Justins hospitalbed during the night to watch over him when everybody else was asleep, but was it just his own guilt that made him go there, or was he avoiding everybody else, because he was afraid it would all come true, because he was afraid they all would blame him for what happened.. but since Justin was asking for him so bad, why coldn't he let at least him know he was there.. knowing that Justin asked for him, he must have known that Justin wouldn't blame him, but wanted to see him.. did he trust J so less?
I think he's a protector of those he loves. He failed to protect Justin. So he vowed to protect him at night while nobody else was there to do it.

I don't think he was afraid of anybody except Jennifer and Justin. He was ashamed and felt he was the cause. As it turned out, Jennifer felt that way, too. He was deathly afraid to see Justin b/c he just couldn't face him.

Remember how he looked like he'd seen a ghost when Justin was in Woody's?

It wasn't that he didn't trust Justin. He was filled with too much self hatred at what he allowed to happen along with the guilt and trauma. He knew Justin wanted to see him but Brian wasn't brave enough to do that yet.

I'm proud of him for instantly snapping out of his behavior once Justin came to find him. Brian immediately mellowed, was there for Justin, and even after Jennifer forbid him to see Justin again he STILL kept an even head on his shoulders. Brian knew Justin was out of the hospital and may need Brian at one point. Brian was relatively sober and no longer a beast so he'd be ready in case that call ever came.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Yes Brian went to Justins hospitalbed during the night to watch over him when everybody else was asleep, but was it just his own guilt that made him go there, or was he avoiding everybody else, because he was afraid it would all come true, because he was afraid they all would blame him for what happened.. but since Justin was asking for him so bad, why coldn't he let at least him know he was there.. knowing that Justin asked for him, he must have known that Justin wouldn't blame him, but wanted to see him.. did he trust J so less?[
Definitely true. You are so right about this.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 11-17-2017, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

He did blame himself for the bashing. It wasn't his fault. Even if it wasn't said, it was definitely implied by other peoples attitudes towards him.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Brian felt so responsible. Nobody was to blame but Chris Hobbs for losing his S like an idiot.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
He did blame himself for the bashing. It wasn't his fault. Even if it wasn't said, it was definitely implied by other peoples attitudes towards him.
And he didn't need that at all, cause he did it all by himslef enough

icon by Daggi
Old 11-23-2017, 04:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

The problem is that people still blame the victim or the people around them instead of the person who committed the crime. It was not Brian's fault he danced with Justin or kissed him or was being romantic - it was all Chris's way he chose to react to that - the judge showed that as well - a******.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
The problem is that people still blame the victim or the people around them instead of the person who committed the crime. It was not Brian's fault he danced with Justin or kissed him or was being romantic - it was all Chris's way he chose to react to that - the judge showed that as well - a******.
that sadly is very true, and that's where justice mostly fails..

icon by Daggi
Old 11-24-2017, 05:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
that sadly is very true, and that's where justice mostly fails..
it needs to change
Old 11-24-2017, 01:47 PM
New Fan

I finished s2.I think I still like s1 more but after some episodes of s2 I get over my anger and why everything feels changed in s2.I didn't like Michael storyline so much I did like it when he tried to find himself and be what makes him happy but to desperately finding some one to date after David no I didn't like but ben was OK anyway.about justin I like him more after the arrangement with Brian how the relashionship worked it was realistic it would never work as an open relationship brian had improve but not enough he has feelings for justin(still loves michael)but to want justin stays with him this way was impossible.I think randy is like this actor that can make chemistry with everyone...first that virgin boy in party they were cute then Ethan.I know he cheats on justin but so far in s2 he seems nice.and I like brian but he didn't leave justin any hope.I think I am on justin side right now.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Justin cheated on Brian twice...once by kissing the frat boy, then with Ethan. Usually the cheater ends up getting cheated on eventually.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

There's this saying: "You lose them the same way you get them".

Old 11-26-2017, 04:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Through it all Brian was so supportive of Justin though - he knew what had happened with Justin but he always took him back and always thought about the fact that he was young and Brian knew he had life to live and mistakes to make. He knew what it was like being so young and finding out about yourself. People give Brian grief but he was always so amazing and understanding and supportive if you ask me.

He was the one that told Justin to go to the party where he met the virgin boy and he said if you meet someone then sleep with them for me - he never tried to hold him back or make him into something you know (except for the best homosexual he could be) I know he wasn't supposed to kiss him but again he was young and I think he kissed virgin boy cause it was his first time and he wanted to make it special for him like Brian had done for him.

Ethan was different - but I feel Ethan was slimy and said what he knew Justin wanted to hear and how to get him - he knew Justin had a boyfriend and lived with him but he picked up on things and said stuff to reel Justin in - in my opinion anyway.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:41 AM
New Fan

I kind of get what you all saying I don't ship b/j at all but it happened so I try to understand it and maybe I am more into justin side b/c he is the younger one and he acts what he supposed to do in his age and should not expect him to be what he is not. that is why I don't like b/j.i wanted something more for b but then I think yes brian has a kind heart he proves it but you can't expect justin get it at s2 after the bashing past they never connected it was all sex sort of.i am watching s3 I was angry how he now wants Michael to be around like before and it is so selfish and when Debbie told ben and vice Michael is a substitute(I think it was this word)I was thinking b/m were like this since 14 and then justin and michael'so boyfriends happened so unless they are bestfriends or Michael was his second best because he had no one?it just made a bad pic of brian for me.anyway my mind is messy maybe if I finish the show and rewatch it i would have different opinions.sorry for a little talk about s3
about the Virgin boy I felt that way justin kissed him to make a good first time for him .about Ethan I agree with you.he was awfully flitery even though he knew justin had a boyfriend.I liked them a little in s2

Last edited by ya3mina; 11-26-2017 at 07:50 AM
Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

The reason I liked S2 Ethan was because I felt like this was the first time Justin ever felt like this...the first time he felt beautiful...if that makes sense. He wasn't a fast FK, it was a simmering build up, which made it 10000% sexier.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread