Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I know.. and I agree. Emmett wasn't your typical opportunistic, gold-digging leech out to take advantage of an old man and his financial resources. Emmett made it clear to him that he wasn't just some object that could be sold or bought in exchange for "services"... and George really appreciated that he'd finally met someone that made him happy. Whatever money or luxuries George showered him with was from his heart, and Emmett accepted them for the right reasons.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 06-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I know.. and I agree. Emmett wasn't your typical opportunistic, gold-digging leech out to take advantage of an old man and his financial resources. Emmett made it clear to him that he wasn't just some object that could be sold or bought in exchange for "services"... and George really appreciated that he'd finally met someone that made him happy. Whatever money or luxuries George showered him with was from his heart, and Emmett accepted them for the right reasons.
For George, Emmett was the first guy he couldn't buy. He always could get himself with money what he wanted, and so he expected he could do it with Em too. Emmett tought him something new. He stood up fo him at the opera when his wife was mean to him, and he showed him that there is more out there than just bought satisfaction. He gave George his second springtime of life and George loved to spoil him for that. My guess would be, ,that George wasn'T able to fall in love before

icon by Daggi
Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
For George, Emmett was the first guy he couldn't buy. He always could get himself with money what he wanted, and so he expected he could do it with Em too. Emmett tought him something new. He stood up fo him at the opera when his wife was mean to him, and he showed him that there is more out there than just bought satisfaction. He gave George his second springtime of life and George loved to spoil him for that. My guess would be, ,that George wasn'T able to fall in love before
Emmett basically told Ms. Shickle wear to put that sour attitude of hers and that she was no longer even a distant memory in George's mind.

The woman was just so unpleasant. I can tell she made her time with George a miserable one. Something does tell me he was in the closet the entire time, though.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Emmett basically told Ms. Shickle wear to put that sour attitude of hers and that she was no longer even a distant memory in George's mind.

The woman was just so unpleasant. I can tell she made her time with George a miserable one. Something does tell me he was in the closet the entire time, though.
He was .. and he does tell Em that his marriage ended when his wife found him fg the gardener.

Sadly, he was put back in the closet by his ex~wife when he died
Old 06-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

how can people call that love.... I totally understand that she was jealous when she caught him with the gardner, but if she really would have loved him, she would have understood ... at least when he found the love of his life and knowing that he didn't love him because of his money... so my guess would be that she married him because of his money and not the person he was...

icon by Daggi
Old 06-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
He was .. and he does tell Em that his marriage ended when his wife found him fg the gardener.

Sadly, he was put back in the closet by his ex~wife when he died
I mean when the marriage first began, before they had kids maybe.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She had her own money, she didn't need George's ...
Old 06-08-2016, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
She had her own money, she didn't need George's ...
but obviously she needed something from him, and if it wasn't the money, then probably his name and status... because it wasn't love that let them get married...

icon by Daggi
Old 06-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Ugh... I don't even know how that happened. Ms. Shickle reminds me so much of Joan Kinney, it isn't even right.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ugh... I don't even know how that happened. Ms. Shickle reminds me so much of Joan Kinney, it isn't even right.
OMB Denise, I think you might have a point there

I'm trying to remember George's back story, but I don't think his wife was always the bitch that we saw and I honestly think that she loved George once .. and it's difficult to imagine that with Jack and Joan
Old 06-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes…it was probably love in the beginning and then they stayed together out of obligation. I'm sure finding out he was gay didn't help their marriage, but they stayed together because that's what you did.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

George was in the same situation as Marvin Telson .. by the time he realised he was gay he was married to an empire .. and there really was no way out for either of them .. we don't know what happened with Marv but George finally got his outing with the gardener and although it might have started with buying hustlers, he so definitely met his match with Emmett.

But then Emmett never had any qualms about George being so much older .. and he was pretty much accepted by the "gang" his first time in Babylon.

Brian ~ "George, can I buy you a drink"

We NEVER had any adverse remarks from any of them about the age gap

... well except from Teddy and the prime aged c*ck comment at the gym But then that was always directed more at Brian and Justin
Old 06-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
George was in the same situation as Marvin Telson .. by the time he realised he was gay he was married to an empire .. and there really was no way out for either of them .. we don't know what happened with Marv but George finally got his outing with the gardener and although it might have started with buying hustlers, he so definitely met his match with Emmett.

But then Emmett never had any qualms about George being so much older .. and he was pretty much accepted by the "gang" his first time in Babylon.

Brian ~ "George, can I buy you a drink"

We NEVER had any adverse remarks from any of them about the age gap

... well except from Teddy and the prime aged c*ck comment at the gym But then that was always directed more at Brian and Justin
that is true they never made any mean commentsa bout Emmett bringing George along... and they never doubted that Em found somebody to fall in love with

icon by Daggi
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

When Emmett showed up with George, Brian and Justin made a dig about his age. It was after George acknowledged them, they changed their tunes.

"Who's that fossil beside him?" ~ Brian

"It's the crypt keeper" ~ Justin

https://youtu.be/-5vYvDELH7o

Old 06-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

It'S been a while I watched season 2, and I couldn't remember that quotes...

but it was very brave of George to come with Emmett... I think I wouldn't dare to go to a disco full of young people in his age... I already felt old going in a club two years ago...

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread