Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

And it came with a pretty bow!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Things played out the way they did for a very specific reason.
True and although we couldn't understand and points througout the season, CowLip and the writers did.

Quote:
I think that for Brian, the hustler was the roses.
Unfortunately, that probably was the case. To no fault of Brian. His level or understanding of intimacy was limited and inexperienced..by choice. In his mind, this was probably a loving gesture that he thought would be well received. Justin wanted more of Brian, not more of another. His appetite could've been satisfied by Brian alone, willingly and was. Justin wasn't hungry for anyone else. This we know. I often wondered why Justin chose to sleep with other people. After all, it's a personal choice. He didn't have to. IMO

But I get that as the story is written....it had to happen this way. How elese can we grow.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

And we have to remember that Justin's appetite for Brian, wasn't necessarily sex. He wanted Brian to show he loved him, but on his own terms.

Also, I think that Justin didn't want a sexually exclusive relationship, but an emotionally exclusive one. I think we all agree that for Justin kissing leads to emotional attachment. Brian agreed with Justin to give up kissing, but as soon as Justin kissed that boy, it messed up the trust Brian had for Justin. I think that was when the tables turned and Brian was the one emotionally vulnerable.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
And we have to remember that Justin's appetite for Brian, wasn't necessarily sex. He wanted Brian to show he loved him, but on his own terms.

Also, I think that Justin didn't want a sexually exclusive relationship, but an emotionally exclusive one. I think we all agree that for Justin kissing leads to emotional attachment. Brian agreed with Justin to give up kissing, but as soon as Justin kissed that boy, it messed up the trust Brian had for Justin. I think that was when the tables turned and Brian was the one emotionally vulnerable.
I agree. For Justin, kissing was used as an an act to channel deep emotional expression. And I think he knew that, too. Why else would he had forbid himself from kissing anyone other than Brian (even though he totally broke that oath) when he could have kept it like how it was? Maybe Justin knew he's one of those people who gets overcome by feeling too strongly, too soon and he was trying to control it. Although, it turns out he couldn't anyhow.

Brian didn't break the rule because he had an insanely strong grip on his emotions.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I agree. For Justin, kissing was used as an an act to channel deep emotional expression. And I think he knew that, too. Why else would he had forbid himself from kissing anyone other than Brian (even though he totally broke that oath) when he could have kept it like how it was? Maybe Justin knew he's one of those people who gets overcome by feeling too strongly, too soon and he was trying to control it. Although, it turns out he couldn't anyhow.

Brian didn't break the rule because he had an insanely strong grip on his emotions.
Brian didn't break the rule because he was insanely in love with Justin and it didn't occur to him to break it. True love.

Justin on the other hand, who wanted roses and violins and dark chocolate as some sort of pseudo love declaration .. didn't think twice about breaking the rules.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Brian didn't break the rule because he was insanely in love with Justin and it didn't occur to him to break it. True love.

Justin on the other hand, who wanted roses and violins and dark chocolate as some sort of pseudo love declaration .. didn't think twice about breaking the rules.
True, Brian was very devoted to Justin. But I still believe he was able to control his emotions more than Justin was, and that's partly why he didn't get emotionally invested in another.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

An affair starts with the first kiss.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And oh my ~ did I ever see that first kiss in a new light a couple of days ago!!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And oh my ~ did I ever see that first kiss in a new light a couple of days ago!!
It's one of the greatest onscreen kisses EVER!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sometimes it's emotional before it becomes physical You've fallen...before you've ....fallen
Old 10-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was all it took.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That was all it took.
I am still hurting for Brian but ... what this turned into was just sooooo passionate and intense and ... nngghhhh!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I am still hurting for Brian but ... what this turned into was just sooooo passionate and intense and ... nngghhhh!!!
But I won't post those yet, since we're almost up to that episode.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But I won't post those yet, since we're almost up to that episode.
OMB no, don't!!!! I was really conflicted by my reaction this time round! I had no idea I was going to feel the way I did about Justin and Ian's first "tryst"!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of everything to do with them, that first time was amazing.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread