Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season 2 discussion #26: Out of adverisity comes knowledge

Let's talk about the 2nd season!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Manu.

I really love that line from Ben. It's powerful yet understated at the same time and I think it was an insight that was true to all the other characters.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

Ben was a savvy man
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

he was.
And also I love that he wasn't always 'lecturing' his insights. He just lived his life and tried to cope with adversity. In that sense I think it was really important for Micheal to have Zen Ben as his partners despite the obstacles.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Ben was the right partner for Michael and viceversa. They had problems like all couples, but overall they fit well together.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

I actually think it made it all the more realistic that they had to cope with everyday life and other obstacles but they were really there for each other.

I recently realized I really love Ben and Micheal's 'first time' scene in 209
Old 09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus Michael was ready for a real relationship.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

But the interesting thing is he wasn't frantically searching for it. In S1 he was almost desperate to find Mr right and then in early S2 he felt like people are moving forward and he's left behind but then... Ben steppted into his comic book store
Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's like the saying goes true love comes to you
Icon by Zonikita
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose (View Post)
But the interesting thing is he wasn't frantically searching for it. In S1 he was almost desperate to find Mr right and then in early S2 he felt like people are moving forward and he's left behind but then... Ben steppted into his comic book store
He was searching for Mr. Right in Season 1?
He was hanging on his best friend waiting for things that would never happen in Season 1, he wasn't looking out for anything or anyone. He was like a baby when he was asked out for date, didn't know what to do or to say.

Actually it was Season 2 after he broke up with Ben when he sort of tried to find the right guy, when they made pics and put them on a website and when this woman tried to find the right man for him...

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree, I think Michael was still waiting for Brian in S1, but he finally started to grow up in S2 where he went to to have a proper relationship.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I think David was Michael's rebound relationship......in an odd sort of way...he was clinging to the idea of him and Brian for so long...he needed someone that could help him get over Brian...

Ben came at totally the right time....I guess timing, really, is everything...
Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
I think David was Michael's rebound relationship......in an odd sort of way...he was clinging to the idea of him and Brian for so long...he needed someone that could help him get over Brian...

Ben came at totally the right time....I guess timing, really, is everything...
just too bad ben's writing skills were bad/boring.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larinne (View Post)
just too bad ben's writing skills were bad/boring.
he did get published, I think...it was his second book that was boring...
Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90210-Steffi (View Post)
He was searching for Mr. Right in Season 1?
He was hanging on his best friend waiting for things that would never happen in Season 1, he wasn't looking out for anything or anyone. He was like a baby when he was asked out for date, didn't know what to do or to say.

Actually it was Season 2 after he broke up with Ben when he sort of tried to find the right guy, when they made pics and put them on a website and when this woman tried to find the right man for him...
I think part of his confusion in S1 came from the fact he was searching for something but he wasn't really sure what that was and this is why he let his close friends and his mom talk him into getting into a relationship with David.

After Micheal decided to take a time out from seeing Ben he allowed his friends to convince him to go into this dating site but this time I don't think he was searching for Mr. Right. He knew he wanted to be with Ben but he needed to come to terms with the HIV positive issue. It makes a lot of sense, imo that Micheal waited and had to take time to think but then I have to admit I really like the first time he and Ben made love in 209.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread