Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's for sure not everybodys reason to dislike him, but Manu, come on, it's the most popular reason... ...some people don't even need a reason at all Ethan showed up and B/J broke up and so they hate him.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like him because of how he turned out to be and I also didn't find him cute.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nah he wasn't my type either, but I liked him (for weird reasons probably *LOL*)

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90210-Steffi (View Post)
*lol* And what is Brian...?
I was actually just thinking about it.
I think Brian was vain,but not arrogant. I think it's almost fair to say Brian 'earned' the right to his vanity , because he worked hard for almost all his adult life, so he deserved to have nice clothes, car and loft, among other thing. Sure his emotional side was lacking, but that doesn't mean he was arrogant.

Brian did so much for Justin, esp after the bashing that I can hardly call him arrogant. Ethan was self centered and most of his 'big' words were just that, words, with no meaning behind it, imo. Plus I mean no disrespect but despite the fact Ethan Gold and myself share the same faith I don't find him very appealing
Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I just love discussions like this! It's nice that we don't all agree, it makes things interresting.

I think Ethan is not a bad person. For me he was your typical student trying to complete his studies and searching for a break in his field of expertise.

I didn't see your comments in the B/J thread Steffie, I guess we have the same point of view re Ethan
Old 12-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't find Ethan to be a bad person either. Not even the mistakes he did in S3 make him a bad person or Brian would be the worst person in the world
But I just don't like him. As I said a few times, I find him phony. Some of the things he does and says feel like he's trying too much. It's just the vibe I personally get from him.

Steffi I do agree that most people probably don't like him because of B/J breaking up. I just wanted to clarify that it's not like that for me. To me, it is so clear that Ethan could find a place in Justin's life only because Brian and Justin made it possible.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Brian and Justin were solid Ethan would have no place there.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with Claudia. I think Ethan was sort of a 'rebound' relationship for Justin in the first place, since it was clear he still in love with Brian,and not with Ethan. When Justin comes back to the loft after he had a fight with Ethan it's clear that he longs for Brian to ask him to stay, or express more feelings, but that didn't happen.

I'm not supporting the cheating, of course, but I think the fact that there were no defined boundries between Brian and Justin at that point (I mean they had 'rules', but it was still a non- relationship ) sort of pushed Justin to look away. Plus M/L did give him that extra push.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ethan was definitely a rebound, just like Michael was in the early Season 3. It was exactly how Debbie said when they had dinner and Michael wasn't there.

I liked Ethan, just because he was such a romantic dreamer and all, you know. As much as I love QAF for not being all lovey-dovey as most of the other shows are... it was nice to have someone who was, it was a nice break of all the B/J drama and even if I knew it wouldn't last, I wanted to see Justin to calm down and to be happy - at least for a while - so that he has time to overthink everything. The break up was so necessary at that moment...

And Ethan wasn't as complicated as Brian, he was just a guy who believed in love. He was just easy.

The other reason I liked him for is for the Season 3 thread

Steffi
Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure Ethan was so easy though. More than Brian, no doubt about that, but Ethan came with some issues too. But that's for the S3 thread.

I think though that in S2 he was pretty easy to be with and that was something that attracted Justin a lot.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I think though that in S2 he was pretty easy to be with and that was something that attracted Justin a lot.
Me too
All the bad-stuff in the last 5 episodes... it was just too much in the end!!

Steffi
Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Justin needed something easy during that period. I think most people would like a relationship with as little amount of drama as possible. With Brian, that was difficult. And we have to remember Justin was still so very young. It was a lot for him to take on so much weight to make the relationship work. I think especially in the first couple of seasons, Justin is the one that probably worked the more to make things work.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IMO during the entire show this relationship only worked as long as Justin "worked". As soon as Justin stopped "working" it was over...

Except for the last 3 episodes it was always Justin who worked things out for them...

Steffi
Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess that's mostly true. But there were also times when I think it was Brian who ultimately made it possible for them to still be together. Like in S3 when he took him back. It's true that it was Justin who made the first step, but it was Brian's decision to give him another chance. I guess as usual, both people in the relationship must really want something for it to happen.
But overall, I think it's fair to say that Justin worked a lot more for them to find a way to be together, even when it meant for him to give up some of the things he wanted and needed.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And this is why it's so ridiculous when they then tell me that they don't want to sacrifice too much for love... because IMO Justin always sacrificed a lot for being with Brian.

Steffi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread