Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Season 2 discussion #10: They were all discovering the beauty and thorny side of love

Let's talk about the 2nd season!

Last edited by galesgirl645; 09-20-2010 at 08:25 PM
Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that hug is cute, but it's too short. I hate that CUT, it's hard, you know? Like "Huh, where's the rest of the scene, something's missing here".

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt,Manu

aww,look his face,and the way he holds Justin *sighs*

I really wish the hug was longer, but, you know,it's such an intense and important moment for both of them,and especialy for Brian that I always feel it's one of those "actions speaks louder than words " he's so good at.

and in this case I really think there was nothing more Brian could say
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's one of those scenes when words aren't necessary. Besides, Brian isn't one for many words in general. I love the hug, I love that Brian initiates it, I love the closeup of their faces. Their expressions say it all.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

did you notice how tiny and helpless Justin seems to be here?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok, I just realized I was talking about the hug when Justin is crying because Brian is going to NYC, but this is the S2 thread! So of course I made confusion

What hug are you girls talking about?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The hug that happens in 202 I believe when Justin tells Brian that it's not his fault.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

the "it's not your fault " hug.

but the "red sweter " hug in 119 is just as important,IMO. in fact I think it's quite symbolic that those two scenes had such a meaningfull hug
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My post ... again:

Just thought about it... what do you think made Justin lose the focus.

I mean, even though the bashing changed him - of course - he was still aware about Brians feelings, never doubted them and he was able to read Brian - to listen to him - up until he started the comic with Michael and talked about the bashing again.

After that episode things (Justin) totally changed and Justin became very very insecure about Brian and their relationship and Brians feelings.

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

it's an interesting question, Steffi.
dealing with the bashing again certainly had a lot to do with that,but I think there was something else.
I mean, Justin obviously felt so loved and secure with Brian for the best part of S2, but I think he felt Brian is taking him for granted again. IDK... I have to admit I really felt so sorry for Justin in 216,where he stands there,about to go out with M/L for that concert and all Brian had to say is "I'd love to see you in your birthday suit". it might have been enough for Justin before,and he would pbbly add some sarcastic remark, but it didn't seem right at that point.
I have to say I could really understand Lindsay's angry remark at Brian this time.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think he was insecure before too. The comic is born after 2.06, right? I think Justin's fear that Brian took him in just because he was bashed was the first sign that Justin had lost his certainties. Maybe, the comic with the talk about the bashing brought up those feelings again. I think more in general they weren't finding the balance in the relationship, maybe because everything was so rushed and things didn't happen naturally but were instead forced by the circumstances.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

well, Brian admited that the reason he wanted Justin to stay wasn't just because he took a bet to the head, but you're right,Manu,everything happened too fast for them. there were obviously many warning signs along the way, but they didn't notice them.
still I agree with what Lindsay told Brian *sighs*
Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But after 2.06, when he made the rules etc. he seemed totally in line, at least for me. Even in the Babylon scene in the end of 2.06 Justin was aware of what Brian was saying with "That's not the reason I want you to stay".

There were insecurities about things before, yes, but mostly it seemed about himself (like the rules, the virgin, the gogo-boy-thing), but not so much about Brian and their relationship.

I don't wanna say that the comic is the reason... it just slipped through my mind that it all started to went downhill after Michael and Justin started to talk about the bashing for the comic and Justin had to go through all of it again by drawing it...

Steffi
Old 08-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

The comic might have had a role in what happened, I agree on that. Through it he was reliving everything and if on one hand it was good for him to talk about, on the other hand it was bound to stir up a lot of feelings that I think he had tried to push deep down because Brian couldn't handle talking or even thinking about the bashing.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Justin put up a brave front but slowly that front started to dismantle and you could see that he really was insecure about things and Brian being who Brian is didn't really help because Brian isn't the kind of person who talks about his feelings.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Closed Thread   Post New Thread