Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Extreme Fan

I’m finished season one now. Time to get the feelings out lol

Brian with his father, yup you can definitely see why he is the way he is. The episode where his father dies is so telling. Seeing the family Brian came from, you feel so sorry for him. It was really lucky for him to have Michael and his family.

Emmett and the see the light makes me so mad. I think it makes me mad that there are actually places like that and people go there and change themselves. It’s sad and not right and I’m extremely happy Ted got through to him.

Ted and Blake is another kind of messed uo. Ted wants to help and that is so sweet of him but he let his feelings towards Blake cloud his judgement. Blake needs to want to be helped.

Michael and David, I am definitely seeing how bad they were together. David is nice and all but wow does he ever try to control Michael. When they were moving he did absolutely everything. It was like Michael was his stay at home wife or something. Pissed me off lol. In the end, no matter what, Michael is going to choose Brian. It’s not always the smart choice but this time it was.

Lindsay and Melanie—their relationship was so up and down. And the French dude did not help matters lol. I’m happy they found their way back to each other.

Justin came so far in one season. I love how he’s more confident and knows what he wants. I love him standing up to his teacher. And I love how he is the only one who doesn’t allow Brian to push him away. He knows Brian.

Brian being crazy over turning thirty. Relax, dude. Haha. The whole death day thing and how they kidnapped him was awesome and makes me laugh. Him losing his mind and almost hanging himself? Not so much. As always, Michael is there to help.

Ugh the prom. Brian showing up and dancing with Justin is the sweetest, most romantic thing ever. I loved that entire scene. It was like Brian was taking a step forward, maybe admitting his feelings and then bam, Justin gets bashed, Brian is tramuatized and it regresses him so much. That scene in the hospital though, Brian crying—it shattered my heart.

Lol well I just wrote a novel haha
Old 05-20-2018, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I’m finished season one now. Time to get the feelings out lol

Brian with his father, yup you can definitely see why he is the way he is. The episode where his father dies is so telling. Seeing the family Brian came from, you feel so sorry for him. It was really lucky for him to have Michael and his family.

Yeah if Brian didn't have Michael and his family I don't know how he would've turned out but it was good he got to see some family interaction and have people there for him

Emmett and the see the light makes me so mad. I think it makes me mad that there are actually places like that and people go there and change themselves. It’s sad and not right and I’m extremely happy Ted got through to him.

I think Ted's speech is amazing with what he says to Emmett about God loves him and it really gets through to Emmett - it's one of the best speeches I think .

Ted and Blake is another kind of messed uo. Ted wants to help and that is so sweet of him but he let his feelings towards Blake cloud his judgement. Blake needs to want to be helped.

Ted so wanted love and so wanted to give it as well. Blake needed to want the same thing and I think he just wanted the drugs more at the time . It was sad for both of them )

Michael and David, I am definitely seeing how bad they were together. David is nice and all but wow does he ever try to control Michael. When they were moving he did absolutely everything. It was like Michael was his stay at home wife or something. Pissed me off lol. In the end, no matter what, Michael is going to choose Brian. It’s not always the smart choice but this time it was.

David did treat him like a little house wife with no feelings or thoughts of his own and who couldn't do anything for himself. They were such a bad mix I think as well.

Lindsay and Melanie—their relationship was so up and down. And the French dude did not help matters lol. I’m happy they found their way back to each other.

Ah the French guy - he took on the wrong person when he took on Brian . Brian sure showed him

Justin came so far in one season. I love how he’s more confident and knows what he wants. I love him standing up to his teacher. And I love how he is the only one who doesn’t allow Brian to push him away. He knows Brian.

He does come so far - I agree It's like he really comes out and says this is who I am and I am going to be proud of it and who I am and want I want . He had Brian wrapped around his little finger from the start really

Brian being crazy over turning thirty. Relax, dude. Haha. The whole death day thing and how they kidnapped him was awesome and makes me laugh. Him losing his mind and almost hanging himself? Not so much. As always, Michael is there to help.

I know don't worry about turning 30 - man I need to have a real worry cause I am way past that . The hanging thing was a little weird but yeah lucky Michael was there to get him to pull his head in .

Ugh the prom. Brian showing up and dancing with Justin is the sweetest, most romantic thing ever. I loved that entire scene. It was like Brian was taking a step forward, maybe admitting his feelings and then bam, Justin gets bashed, Brian is tramuatized and it regresses him so much. That scene in the hospital though, Brian crying—it shattered my heart.

Prom was so beautiful and amazing So romantic To end with those tears just running down Brian's face was like devastating He just looks so shattered He played that so well.

Lol well I just wrote a novel haha
It's all good Novels are all good
Old 05-21-2018, 07:38 AM
Extreme Fan

I’m only 27 so stop trying to give me a complex, Brian

I agree, Gale played the ending so well!!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

All good points, Aggie.

1. About Brian and his father: It says a lot that when Brian first found out about his father's passing, he didn't shed a tear immediately. He was very composed... at least that's how he presented himself to his friends, when in fact he may have been dying on the inside over the relationship they never got to have. I mean, everybody grieves differently, but it was definitely slow, agonizing burn for him. Then at the end of episode 1.19, he finally broke down in Michael's arms.

2. Ted is the type of person to develop feelings very quickly. If he falls in love, he falls hard. I agree that he really did let those feelings cloud his sensibilities about Blake's addiction. His emotions did overcome his thought process because he was that much in love with Blake. Blake was probably his first real love. Blake is everything he wanted, but it wasn't without consequence. I'm glad they were able to finish where they last left off... which before wasn't looking so good.

3.I'm glad Emmett woke up from that see-the-light manipulation. If that "light" in question is blinding you from how you see yourself, it's not a good light at all.

Although I did like how the leader in the group kept saying, "Can you stand it?" Like, yes, dude, I can.

4.David was much too controlling. He treated Michael as if he was some sort of trophy wife... or even a child. Like any other pairing, they both had their good moments and their bad moments. I must say, though, they're my least favorite couple.

5.Melanie and Lindsay needed that time apart. Around the middle of season 1, the tension was so thick, and you could really feel how unhappy they both were with that situation. I think it's interesting that even after Melanie had cheated with Rita on Lindsay, Lindsay wasn't so quick to throw her out of the house. No, but it was Melanie who wanted to leave because she felt pretty disgraced. Rightfully so, I mean... she had cheated after all.

6. The prom was all sort of mixed feelings. On one hand it was glorious and almost dreamlike how Brian sorta just flows into the prom ready to sweep Justin off his feet with the ultimate and most romantic prom dance imaginable... on the other hand, it's devastating how it ended. And we ALL know how it ended. First time I watched this, it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-22-2018, 06:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, the fact that Brian finally broke down shows that he did care. Or at least that he was in pain.

LOL @ that leader of the cult. I just wanted Emmett to stand up and be like "Honey, you're clearly gay so can you not?!"

You're right about Melanie and Lindsay, it's interesting that Melanie left. Because she knew.

Oh man, the prom. I wasn't expecting that at all. It threw me for a loop.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The last scene in hospital was the most perfect acting I've ever seen I think. I is heartbreaking and it left me behind numb and feeling empty.. just amazing

and I cacn't tell you how happy I was not to have to wait for season 2!

David - the controll freak - what bothered me the most was when he told Michale to move in with him, and Michale started to put up his things and then came back and everything was removed.. worst thing ever.. I , in Maichales case, would have felt betrayed and unwanted.. I don't know if I would have accepted an appology from my boyfriend if he did something like that. And I would never do that with the person not being home..

icon by Daggi
Old 05-24-2018, 05:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree!! I think Michael's problem is that he wants to be loved so bad that he was willing to overlook things for a while. Which he always did with Brian.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Michael sometimes had identity issues. He almost changed completely for David.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Michael sometimes had identity issues. He almost changed completely for David.
he alwayys wanted to blend in I guess..

icon by Daggi
Old 05-27-2018, 02:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Gale's acting in that scene was so amazingly good It was so heartbreaking and you just felt it - like he was really feeling it - not just acting it you know.

Michael just wanted to be loved I think - he knew he couldn't get Brian and that Justin was in the picture a little more now and I think he just wanted a relationship and was tired of the crazy life but David wasn't the right one. When David moved all his stuff out while Michael was away was just so rude and such a horrible thing to do to someone you are supposed to love and move in
Old 05-27-2018, 07:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah exactly. I think I would lose it on someone if they just moved out all of my stuff without consulting me. David sometimes treated Michael like he was too stupid to make his own decisions.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yeah exactly. I think I would lose it on someone if they just moved out all of my stuff without consulting me. David sometimes treated Michael like he was too stupid to make his own decisions.
Yes and he had him picking up his dry cleaning and organising dinners and stuff like that but wouldn't let him do anything really - he was annoying
Old 05-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
he treated Michael like a housewife if that is the right word for it. he was the one who earned the money, so he had the saying. Michael was supposed to decorate Davids life. it was normal that he dropped everything to come with him, cause, honesty, David made the decition to move to portland? without asking Michael.... he only asked him to come along or stay behind.. that's not what a partner does

icon by Daggi
Old 05-27-2018, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
he treated Michael like a housewife if that is the right word for it. he was the one who earned the money, so he had the saying. Michael was supposed to decorate Davids life. it was normal that he dropped everything to come with him, cause, honesty, David made the decition to move to portland? without asking Michael.... he only asked him to come along or stay behind.. that's not what a partner does
Exactly ! That was like when he broke up with him the first time he was like I don't want a boyfriend I want a partner and so bye - he hardly gave Michael any time to think about it or sort it out or anything - just that's your only choice - booo!
Old 05-28-2018, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes!! It may have had it's good parts but it was a very toxic relationship.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread