Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
This was THE most perfect song choice for this scene. It conveys through it's lyrics, atmosphere, and it's melodies all the emotions Brian exudes when he sees Justin going at it with the guy. Brian looked completely heartbroken, in-love, and intrigued all at once. You couldn't help but fall for him too.

Fair enough game, though. Justin HAD to teach him that lesson or he'd never get appreciated.
Yes!! So glad to hear how much other people appreciate that song, too. Its tone/vibe are SO perfect. No to mention that Garbage are a very publicly LGBT-supportive band.

"Knocked down, cried out, been down just to find out...I'm through, bleeding for you."

Agree, Brian was heartbroken and in love. Learning what it was to feel that kind of pain and jealousy. Poor guy, that's tough. But yes, a hard lesson he had to learn. And yeah, definitely couldn't help falling for him, here. One of the first glimpses of him really being human.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-07-2018, 06:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Yes!! So glad to hear how much other people appreciate that song, too. Its tone/vibe are SO perfect. No to mention that Garbage are a very publicly LGBT-supportive band.

"Knocked down, cried out, been down just to find out...I'm through, bleeding for you."

Agree, Brian was heartbroken and in love. Learning what it was to feel that kind of pain and jealousy. Poor guy, that's tough. But yes, a hard lesson he had to learn. And yeah, definitely couldn't help falling for him, here. One of the first glimpses of him really being human.
He definitely needed to learn this. So that he could not only come to the realization that he cared about Justin but also, like you said, for us the audience to realize that he isn't some cold, untouchable character.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
He definitely needed to learn this. So that he could not only come to the realization that he cared about Justin but also, like you said, for us the audience to realize that he isn't some cold, untouchable character.
This was certainly one of the first times we've seen a different side to Brian. The softer, more vulnerable man that's hidden beneath that guarded exterior.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 09-08-2018 at 09:58 PM
Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

I love those early indications that Brian has a heart.

I have a new inquiry. Do you guys think Brian was Michael's sexual awakening? Like, do you think Michael knew he was gay before he knew Brian? Mainly asking because of the scene with the Patrick Swayze magazine (I LOVE that scene...), but Brian says some things he'd do to him and Michael giggles and says, "Don't say that!" I kind of get the impression this is the first time they've had a sexual discussion about another man? And for Michael to say that, maybe he hasn't come to terms with his own sexuality at this point?

Also, I wonder if this is the first moment Michael started to get feelings for Brian. I don't think as the audience we can know for sure, but I think about it.

Just as my personal aside...
Spoiler:

Old 09-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think so. Michael rubs me as a guy who before meeting Brian didn't really involved in the world of dating. It doesn't seem he'd had much experience, and he was most likely always in the comic books drooling over the hot super hot super heroes, or some other fantasy figure. I think Brian was his first real crush/sexual awakening... a real life super hero he had an unrequited interest in.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

I can definitely see that. Makes sense, since he was pretty much in love with him.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I think so. Michael rubs me as a guy who before meeting Brian didn't really involved in the world of dating. It doesn't seem he'd had much experience, and he was most likely always in the comic books drooling over the hot super hot super heroes, or some other fantasy figure. I think Brian was his first real crush/sexual awakening... a real life super hero he had an unrequited interest in.
That's a good point that he did check out guys in the comic books. I agree, I think Brian solidified that for him, in human form. To Michael's credit, who wouldn't fall for Brian?

This doesn't totally relate to s1, so I'll throw it in tags just in case.
Spoiler:

Especially things like the way Brian kisses Michael when the other guys are changing his Jeep's tire. I still kind of wonder about his motive there. WAS he actually trying to string Michael along? Did he have -some- sort of extra feelings for him, even if he'd never explore them? He gets super overprotective when Michael's with David (and for good reason, cause David's a toxic freak) and there does seem to be a hint of jealousy.

Quote:
I can definitely see that. Makes sense, since he was pretty much in love with him.
Again, can't blame Mikey for that.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's a good point that he did check out guys in the comic books. I agree, I think Brian solidified that for him, in human form. To Michael's credit, who wouldn't fall for Brian?

This doesn't totally relate to s1, so I'll throw it in tags just in case.
Spoiler:

Especially things like the way Brian kisses Michael when the other guys are changing his Jeep's tire. I still kind of wonder about his motive there. WAS he actually trying to string Michael along? Did he have -some- sort of extra feelings for him, even if he'd never explore them? He gets super overprotective when Michael's with David (and for good reason, cause David's a toxic freak) and there does seem to be a hint of jealousy.

Again, can't blame Mikey for that.

It's hard to tell what went on between them. Michael was obviously in love with him. But with Brian--he did love him, of course. And trust him, etc. But maybe he was playing with his feelings a bit, using it to his advantage at times. He knew he had a hold on him.

Haha certainly can't blame him
Old 09-13-2018, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's hard to tell what went on between them. Michael was obviously in love with him. But with Brian--he did love him, of course. And trust him, etc. But maybe he was playing with his feelings a bit, using it to his advantage at times. He knew he had a hold on him.

Haha certainly can't blame him
Agreed, and perhaps that's part of the point. You can't really figure them out 100%. But as a fangirl, it frustrates me. I think Brian was absolutely aware that he had Mikey wrapped around his finger and he did use that to his advantage a bit. He actually admits that in the Jeep flat tire scene. And Mikey's just like "Yeah, go ahead and treat me like crap whenever you want, Brian! *swoon* "

Old 09-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Agreed, and perhaps that's part of the point. You can't really figure them out 100%. But as a fangirl, it frustrates me. I think Brian was absolutely aware that he had Mikey wrapped around his finger and he did use that to his advantage a bit. He actually admits that in the Jeep flat tire scene. And Mikey's just like "Yeah, go ahead and treat me like crap whenever you want, Brian! *swoon* "
I mean.....same

But yes, I get the fangirl frustrations.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean.....same

But yes, I get the fangirl frustrations.
I honestly have started getting frustrated with Michael about it. Like, c'mon dude, grow yourself a backbone!

I think that's why...
Spoiler:

Old 09-14-2018, 05:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I honestly have started getting frustrated with Michael about it. Like, c'mon dude, grow yourself a backbone!

I think that's why...
Spoiler:
Lol it is definitely what he needed to do but---guess not.

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lol it is definitely what he needed to do but---guess not.

Spoiler:
He never did except for the times Brian purposely pushed him.

Spoiler:

Old 09-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
He never did except for the times Brian purposely pushed him.

Spoiler:
True. Which is not ideal because Brian can't be there to help him/take care of him forever.

Spoiler:
Old 09-19-2018, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Something that bothers me about this season, probably on a personal level because I worked a few different retail jobs in my youth, are the scenes at the Q-Mart. As much as I season one and always love starting the series over, the very first time I see a Q-Mart scene I'm always like UGH. This again.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread