Old 08-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Another slight inaccuracy from season 1

episode 1
The word F*GGOT is on the passenger's side of the jeep but Brian looks back at the gawking people over his left shoulder (and the driver's side). People on that side of the jeep would not see the word.

Here is the clip

well the jeep was pretty beat up too, so maybe they were looking at that

icon by Daggi
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
well the jeep was pretty beat up too, so maybe they were looking at that
Everything is possible, but I think it was clearly meant by directors that people were watching the inscription. And it was not so much damaged on the sides I think.
I just put here as its interesting and sometimes funny like the bloopers, it happens in any film.

Last edited by Sia; 08-08-2017 at 12:24 PM
Old 08-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Everything is possible, but I think it was clearly meant by directors that people were watching the inscription. And it was not so much damaged on the sides I think.
I just put here as its interesting and sometimes funny like the bloopers, it happens in any film.
you are absolutly right and we fans have tons of fun finding those mistakes

icon by Daggi
Old 08-09-2017, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Sorry, if I confused these are not out of my head, I even mentioned it in s4 thread with Debbie going to Vic house that I did not see it either. I just sometimes find interesting stuff so post it here because it amazes me that I have seen the series quiet a lot of times and never realized these things which are actully quiet funny.
It's cool you find these things And it's cool you share it all It's just amazing that no matter how close you watch something you don't see these things
Old 08-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

End of season 1
Brian heartbroken and crying, we never saw Brian crying

"I will always remember that scene where Brian (Gale Harold) sees Justin (Randy Harrison) admitted to the hospital (after Justin was bashed). I once read a quote from a director that said to always keep the camera rolling for 30 seconds after you call cut. Thats what they did. There´s a close-up of Gale and he was so in his own sorrow that his nose and eyes began to pour. I don´t think he was even aware they called cut. It was a powerful memory." Stephen Lynch, make up artist for QAF

Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
End of season 1
Brian heartbroken and crying, we never saw Brian crying

"I will always remember that scene where Brian (Gale Harold) sees Justin (Randy Harrison) admitted to the hospital (after Justin was bashed). I once read a quote from a director that said to always keep the camera rolling for 30 seconds after you call cut. Thats what they did. There´s a close-up of Gale and he was so in his own sorrow that his nose and eyes began to pour. I don´t think he was even aware they called cut. It was a powerful memory." Stephen Lynch, make up artist for QAF

Wow - that's amazing - what a story - such a powerful moment in the show and showed such feeling - thanks for sharing that Sia
Old 08-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Wow - that's amazing - what a story - such a powerful moment in the show and showed such feeling - thanks for sharing that Sia
That story is heartbreaking it again shows the huge talent of Gale... when I read it the first time it gave me goosbumps

icon by Daggi
Old 08-13-2017, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
That story is heartbreaking it again shows the huge talent of Gale... when I read it the first time it gave me goosbumps
It does show his talent in that scene - it just looks like his heart is breaking for real
Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

That scene is too much.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It does show his talent in that scene - it just looks like his heart is breaking for real
Yes, I think his heart was breaking for real, here are Gale´s words from one interview about Prom and following bashing:

David: I want to ask you some specifics because they’re going to be important in how we cut this. One of the things that for all of us who watched the show that was the most difficult to watch and yet unforgettable to experience was when Brian, who is not someone who’s going to do something out of his way that isn’t in his own self-interest, decides to go to Justin’s prom. And we know how that ended. I watched it again the other day; it’s still almost impossible for me to watch. Have you seen it since it aired?

Gale:
I’ve seen that scene maybe three years ago, roughly two and a half, maybe three. Like every actor, there’s a bit of watching yourself, watching time, watching the irrefutable evidence that my scene partner is about a hundred times better dancer than I am. [laughs] But we worked it out with editing and camera moves. But that scene, that story line, even then, even now, still, on some levels, it’s above my experience of life. I’ve never gone through anything like that, thank God. No one that I know, that I’ve been so intensely connected to, has gone through anything like that. I think in terms of the writing and the way that it was structured, making this grand gesture, doing something that he knew, as a character, part of it is fulfilling some aspect of his own philosophy of freedom and truth and honesty, but a lot of it is a spectacle. A lot of it is a pissing contest. And that’s one of the things, inside of that whole part of the story that is really interesting because you have these two men who are sort of falling in love, maybe, or maybe not, but one of them is really getting under the other one’s skin, and you would think that the one who was really getting under the other one’s skin would be the one that would be in control, but in this circumstance, the one who’s in control is the younger one, and I think there was a bit of showing off – “I’m going to take you to your dance, I’m going to show everybody, and that’s going to be it, and if anybody’s got any problems with it, they can talk to me about it later.” Well, the reality of the circumstances comes screaming home in a way that’s so far beyond any expectation that Brian could have. It’s hell on earth. It’s the guilt and it’s the operative word of control is there. I’m controlling my life, and I’m going to make a statement, and then it all just gets yanked.

David: And you didn’t know this was going to happen until you got the script, right?

Gale: I honestly don’t remember when I was made aware of how this was all going to play through.

David:
Generally they don’t give you a lot of advance warning.

Gale: Not a lot of advance warning, no. Some, but not a lot. I knew that we were going to go to the dance, because we were choreographing. And when it happened, it just… and that’s why, back to what we were talking about before about why it was a blessing and why I was very lucky to have been cast alongside Randy Harrison to play that, is because if I hadn’t really, really liked him as a person, and really trusted him, and really wanted to work with him, and if I didn’t respect him, because I know how talented he is and I know… we fight over ideas about things, and sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s full of ****, but we can keep that ball rolling. If I hadn’t felt that way about him, I wouldn’t have been able to dive so deep into my response to what happened to him. Because he was my friend. He’s my character’s lover, but he was my personal friend and someone who was, and still is, very dear to me.

David:
There’s got to be a part of you that feels it viscerally.

Gale
: Yeah. I still go back and I watch that dance and I watch the attack and I watch the hospital and I saw… there’s all some of that burned into my memory. It’s pretty close to the surface. It always will be, because that was a big deal for me, a big deal for all of us.

David:
Were you aware of what a big deal it was for people who were watching it?

Gale:
No. Not at all.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think to give such a performance, you really have to get into it with all your heart and soul

thanks for that peace of interview Sia

icon by Daggi
Old 08-14-2017, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for sharing that interview - it really shows his depth of feeling doesn't it
Old 08-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that interview - it really shows his depth of feeling doesn't it
Yeah, it does, and this interview is quiet recent from 2016, and he mentions that this scene is still for him above his experience of life, so its must have been really intensely painful for him
Old 08-16-2017, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yeah, it does, and this interview is quiet recent from 2016, and he mentions that this scene is still for him above his experience of life, so its must have been really intensely painful for him
It obviously was

icon by Daggi
Old 08-16-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Randy said he thought it was funny. Did you hear him tell that story at ATX?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread