Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Maybe she knows how naughty she was in her own youth and was projecting it onto Justin/Brian.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Maybe she knows how naughty she was in her own youth and was projecting it onto Justin/Brian.
I can't imagine Jennifer being into something like that, but who knows... and we don't know what Craig told her

icon by Daggi
Old 02-21-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Then after that, she reported to Craig about "that Brian".
Old 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I wonder if she would have reacted the same way if Brianbwould have been Justins age

icon by Daggi
Old 02-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that initially she would be shocked, but I wonder if she would have still run to Craig.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think that initially she would be shocked, but I wonder if she would have still run to Craig.
good question.. but knowing how Craig was, what did she expect with running to him..

icon by Daggi
Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. If I knew that someone had violent tendencies, I certainly wouldn't tell them something that might provoke them. But maybe she thought Justin could be talked out of being gay if he knew that they didn't approve.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Exactly. If I knew that someone had violent tendencies, I certainly wouldn't tell them something that might provoke them. But maybe she thought Justin could be talked out of being gay if he knew that they didn't approve. :look:
I guess she felt kind of helpless at this moment.. that's why she did the next best thing.. talking to her partner :shrug:

icon by Daggi
Old 02-23-2018, 02:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe she didn't know he would have such a violent reaction to the information. I mean they had never had to face that fact head on that their son was gay before and they had been able to stick their heads in the sand before that. Maybe it was being presented with the actual fact and the fact that he was actually having sex with an older man that Craig just couldn't handle and he went off and handled it in the worst way possible while Jennifer tried to become more understanding and went the opposite way to Craig. I think they both thought that their way would work but of course Craig's didn't and it just became worse as he thought more and more about it and worked himself up so much

I mean Justin did seem to like his father and did seem to respect him some what before that happened.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

you are right Fiona.. Justin seemed to be very close with his dad until he found out he was gay and couldn't accept it.. .. I guess nobody in his family expected him to get violent , but at that point Jennifer already knew that Craig was not on his sons side anymore, didn't she?

icon by Daggi
Old 02-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
you are right Fiona.. Justin seemed to be very close with his dad until he found out he was gay and couldn't accept it.. .. I guess nobody in his family expected him to get violent , but at that point Jennifer already knew that Craig was not on his sons side anymore, didn't she?
wasn't that when she first told him about it? And when Justin finds out doesn't he say to his mum 'you told me you wouldn't tell' and does Jennifer say ' I had to tell daddy'? Or am I imagining it? If she did that shows a close relationship at first and Jennifer sees it slowly unravel after that? Maybe I am remembering it wrong too - it's been a while since I watched it
Old 02-24-2018, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
wasn't that when she first told him about it? And when Justin finds out doesn't he say to his mum 'you told me you wouldn't tell' and does Jennifer say ' I had to tell daddy'? Or am I imagining it? If she did that shows a close relationship at first and Jennifer sees it slowly unravel after that? Maybe I am remembering it wrong too - it's been a while since I watched it
nope, I think you are right, it sounds familiar yupp rewatching again is neccessary for our old brains...

with doing so, Jennifer went behind Justins back and lost his trust.. it was betrayl in my eyes

icon by Daggi
Old 02-24-2018, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
nope, I think you are right, it sounds familiar yupp rewatching again is neccessary for our old brains...

with doing so, Jennifer went behind Justins back and lost his trust.. it was betrayl in my eyes
I know my old brain doesn't remember as well as it used to A good excuse to rewatch

I think she betrayed his trust as well and it should've been his choice as to when he told his dad and others.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I know my old brain doesn't remember as well as it used to A good excuse to rewatch

I think she betrayed his trust as well and it should've been his choice as to when he told his dad and others.
absolutly.. but thinking about his age I can understand that she was concerned about who he hangs out with... but she should have talked to him before going to Craig

icon by Daggi
Old 02-24-2018, 03:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
absolutly.. but thinking about his age I can understand that she was concerned about who he hangs out with... but she should have talked to him before going to Craig
Yep I do get that too - he was 17 and Brian was 29. But yeah I think she needed to talk to him or go around it in a different way - not just tell Craig and break his trust like that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread