Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Robert Gant/Ben Bruckner #3: Because he can go the distance

This thread is to pay homage to the ever wonderfully talented Robert Gant/Ben Bruckner

Robert has had numerous television and movie appearances spanning from 2014 back to 1994, as well as radio interviews and theatre appearances. Some of Robert's most recent television appearances include:

The Young and the Restless - recurring - 2014
Hit the Floor – quest star- 2014
The Tomorrow People (2 episodes) 2014
Sean Saves the World - quest star - 2013
Baby Daddy - quest star - 2013
Anger Management - quest star - 2013
NCIS - quest star - 2013
Dead Space 3 (video game. Voice) - 2013
Vegas - quest star - 2013

Robert had recurring roles in the television series, Personal Affairs, Queer as Folk, Popular, and Caroline in The City.

He has done numerous radio interviews as well as theatre, appearing most recently in the play, Black Ice at the 21st Annual Young Playwrights competition and Festival held at the, Stella Adler Theatre in Hollywood, CA.

Robert is the recipient of the Pioneer Award which was presented to him at the GLEH Annual Garden Party. He has also received the Visionary Award, the Davidson/Valentini Award and The National Equality Award. In 2004, Robert, along with QAF cast members. Gale Harold and Sharon Gless, were honored by the National Stonewall Democrats for creating, and presenting, positive and loving gay families in all their variations. In 2003, Robert was presented with a special Civil Rights award at New York's City Hall. Also in 2003, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, honored Robert at their annual NGLTF Leadership Awards in Washington, D. C. Robert received the Honorary Elder award by SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders) in 2003.

Robert is also involved GLEH (The Gay and Lesbian Elder Housing Corporation. GLEH is a non-profit organization dedicated to building and operation high-quality affordable residential communities which provide a safe nurturing environment that supports the well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender older adults. Robert serves as an Honorary Board Member.

Robert is currently playing the role of David Sherman on the CBS soap, The Young and the Restless. He is also working on a film titled, Milada. The film is about an extraordinary Czech woman who fought and gave her life for freedom. Einstein, Churchill, and Eleanor Roosevelt were among the many who implored the Communist government to spare her life. Having been a part of both the Nazi and Communist resistance, ultimately she was the first woman executed in Czechoslovakia.

Info on Robert provided by Abisel (Donna)

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 10-13-2014 at 08:33 AM
Old 11-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just wanted to bring some info from Thread #2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisel1 (View Post)
Robert is playing the role of Peter in the CW series, "The Tomorrow People." Robert will appear in episode 10 titled, The Citadel and episode 12 titled, Sitting Ducks. According to the IMDB, both episodes are airing in 2014. Will keep you posted as the airing dates gets closer! In the meantime, you can check out this article!

‘The Tomorrow People’ Season 1 Cast — Robert Gant as Marla’s Boyfriend - TVLine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisel1 (View Post)
Hey guys! Robert asked me to share this with you!

A message From Robert

Working on a film about an extraordinary Czech woman who fought and gave her life for freedom. Einstein, Churchill, and Eleanor Roosevelt were among the many who implored the Communist government to spare her life. Having been a part of both the Nazi and Communist resistance, ultimately she was the first woman executed in Czechoslovakia. Could you check out and like her page?
https://www.facebook.com/miladafilm
Old 11-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

I will try my best to tune in and hope the show is successful. I love Robert/Ben.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by admat97 (View Post)

Thanks to Weenlau, for coming up with this awesome title!
I thank you for suggesting the title should be something Hercules related.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just a little OT: has anyone seen Tomorrow People? I wonder if it would be worth watching.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I've only seen the trailer of Tomorrow People, and I kind of liked it.

And if I could go a bit personal regarding the thread's title: this song from Hercules always gives me a lot of encouraging and strength. And not just because of the song itself, but once I asked through FB a musical actor to sing it on his solo event (I had a pretty bad week, and I thought it would be nice to hear it from him), and he replied, he can't fit it into his program, but then he finally did sing it. I was just melting away (and almost crying) in my seat right there.
Btw here's the song from that guy, although this video was not taken on the mentioned solo event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3AFVB1JAM
Old 11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

WOW! He has the most beautiful strong voice. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
WOW! He has the most beautiful strong voice. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, wow, thank you for watching it! He's my most favourite voice here
Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watch the tomorrow people and I love it can't wait to see Robert in it!
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watch it and love it too! I'm looking forward to see Robert on the show, it will be awesome to see him in a show I actually follow, like it was for Baby Daddy. I do hope he will have a little more screentime this time.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenlau (View Post)

Oh, wow, thank you for watching it! He's my most favourite voice here

Lau- I just had to watch him again. I love his voice.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
Lau- I just had to watch him again. I love his voice.
Just let me know if you're interested in some more recommendations regarding him, and I could send you a PM (as it's kind of an OT here) with some more YT links.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Passionate Fan

According to the IMDB, Robert's episode of "The Tomorrow People," titled The Citadel, is airing January 15 at 9 PM on the CW. As always, please check your local listings for the times in your area.

May contain SPOILERS so please read at your own risk. Thanks!

Here is a synopsis: After Stephen returns from the brink of death he thinks he has a clue about what happened to his father, but his fellow Tomorrow People are not sure they believe him. When The Tomorrow People learn some disappointing news from John , they make an unexpected decision about their future and when they finally get a lead on Ultra’s secret research lab they devise a dangerous plan to free all those being held captive there. Meanwhile, Stephen’s mom introduces Stephen and his brother Luca to a new man she is dating, but Stephen is having a hard time getting a read on him.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

I just finished watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" on Netflix and started smiling when I saw Robert as Mr. Martin. I almost didn't recognize him since he was not a blonde, but a dark brunette. I wished his role was longer.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread