Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
OMG

I don't know how I should describe it..

To read all those brilliant critics about cabaret was amazing, but seeing the show by yourself.. twice... I'm speachless...

Deborah ~ I have to thank you so so much for making one of my dreams come true with making this experiance possible...

You literrally could feel how the show gets darker, and all the reviews are right saying Randy owns the stage.
So happy for both of you!
Old 01-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last night my family came with Daggi and I. It was truly moving and emotional. I didn't tell my husband anything about the show, so he was blown away by the storyline…especially the end. Adam's "girlfriend" attended as well and she was so profoundly affected but the story. She also knew nothing about the show.

Randy was absolutely superb. I can't even put into words how much he's improved as time has gone on. Don't get me wrong, he was wonderful back in May last year…but he's in a completely different league now. He was on fire. I don't know why I hadn't noticed before, but my husband pointed out the track marks on the Emcee's arms.

I agree with the last reviewer who said that the actor who played Cliff wasn't great. He flubbed some lines on Friday night. While he was better last night, there were still some uncomfortable moments. He was adorable and could sing like woah.

Fräulein Schneider and Herr Schultz were wonderful. It's so nice to see older actors actually playing older characters. They were really enjoyable. The pineapple number was a crowd pleaser. It was heartwarming and very humorous.

The Kit Kat girls were fantastic. I LOVE them! And the musician/Ensemble (Kit Kat girls are musicians too) are just so sublime.

Tampa was such a great audience. I was proud to be amongst them last night.

Oh…Friday night we went to the Stage Door and Randy came out. There wasn't a large crowd, which was good for him. Daggi and I were really apprehensive, but finally we approached him. He said he did remember me from Toronto, but I think he was being nice. AND…I took a picture of Randy with Daggi. I was so happy for her!

Okay…I can't think of more right now
Old 01-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I still have the music in my head

icon by Daggi
Old 01-29-2017, 09:24 PM
Extreme Fan

new fan pic

Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for posting those pics of Randy, Mark. He is looking handsome, as usual. And slim and fit!! And seemingly, blond. Is he performing as a blond Emcee?

Deborah and Daggi - Thank you for sharing your experiences with us about seeing Randy at Cabaret! You got to talk to him at the Stage Door? What else did he have to say? Can you share your photo? I'm very excited the two of you got to meet and see Cabaret in person!! So exciting!

Did you notice differences in Randy's performances between the two nights? It's cool to hear he has changed his performance over time... it makes sense. The more you perform, the more comfortable and confident you would get.

I'm lucky I got to see him perform in Cabaret last year. Crazy to think it was a year ago! I saw him in February.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Of course I'm sharing the photo with you

and please don't pay attention on the person on his left side not one of my best looks but he is looking good

the lightning as a little bad, and since I hadn't turned on the flash, it turned out a bit blurry, but that's ok. I think with flash on, it would have turned out very dark...

We didn't talk much, I'm way too shy, and I wouldn't even have the photo if Deborah wouldn't have asked.

I'm not sure if it's his original haircolour, but you're right, he didn't dye his hair black. but with the products in it and the lightning, it doesn't look really blond on stage

Of course there were a few differences in the performances, cause it is life theater. the part with the audience was completly opposite. on Friday he went down the stairs on the right side to pick out a girl (she was handicaped, but I only noticed that because she went back stage with her parents I guess, too) and then went back up on the stage walking to the left side. there he jumped down from the stage and picked out a guy to dance. and on Saturday he did it the other way round. And with the people he picked, he totally had to react on what they did and so it was quite funny when the guy he picked out on saturday was taking over the lead during dancing

having time to look more on the details the second time, I noticed when he was up on the orchestrapart, he interacted with the musicians. would have loved to know what they were taking from time to time

but in the performance itself, I couldn't find major differences. but I don't go to life theatre very often, so maybe I'm just to overwhelmed with the whole thing to notice small differences...

Spoiler:

were I was quite surprised is, that the hole cast only came out once after the final curtain, but it seems to be the normal thing here.. in Germany, the audince shouts and claps so long till they all show up at least twice or three times and even then don't stop till they are sure they won't come out again...

as you see, it took me quite a while to digest the impressions to get anything written down

icon by Daggi

Last edited by Giotto; 01-30-2017 at 06:40 AM
Old 01-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so glad you both enjoyed it... and Daggi... GREAT pic with Randy!
and Deborah, if he says he remembers you, I bet he really does... he may not remember everything, but his memory astounds me at times... he's said things to me to indicate he actually remembers things we've talked about that i wouldn't think he'd remember... he's that good!!!!

I have 2 weeks til I see him in Boston can't wait!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Daggi, you look great. Wow... and there's Randy! You make one photogenic pair, if I might add. However, I'm with you on that shyness thing, I would be too. But thank you, Deborah for making this pic happen.

And thank you so much for sharing details of your night with us, Deborah and Daggi. I'm so happy you not only got to watch Randy's stellar performance in person, but you also got to meet him! Just know that I and the entire QAF board were living vicariously through both of you this weekend... and we are all so stoked we got to meet him & see the performance.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 01-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Daggi - that is a beautiful photo! Don't make any apologies. Randy - and you - both are beautiful! Deborah - I am so glad you went ahead and asked to get that photo taken! You are both lucky you got to meet Randy. As I went to a matinee, he did not come out after the show.

As Denise said, I am also living vicariously through you, so thank you for sharing your photo and all the details of the show.

Spoiler:
Old 01-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

He just posted this pic on Instagram. So he's in Boston now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP57YMkj05v/
Old 01-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I wished they ould have stayed longer in Tampa so we could have gone again and again and again

I'm happy for that you can see it in Boston, Kathy can't wait for your impressions and pics and so on

icon by Daggi
Old 01-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris31 (View Post)
He just posted this pic on Instagram. So he's in Boston now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP57YMkj05v/
Thanks for posting.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:36 PM
Loyal Fan

You're welcome.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Randy lastest photo

He' so cute, OMG

https://twitter.com/FastFreddyMurph/...08447286259714
Old 02-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero