Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Interview with Randy in Baltimore OUTloud

Baltimore OUTloud - Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trangender - LGBT - Equality - News - Arts - Culture - Cabaret’s Randy Harrison Enraptures Audiences with Baltimore Performance

“I’d love to play Hedwig. It seems sort of relevant now that I’m doing that somewhat playing a queer-gendered character with a German accent,” Harrison laughed. “There’s so many to name. This [role of Emcee] is one of the first big, big dream roles that I’ve been able to play. It’s definitely one of the most rewarding roles I’ve had in my career.”
Old 04-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hedwig still hasn't been cast!!
Old 04-30-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Hedwig still hasn't been cast!!
I'm crossing fingers

icon by Daggi
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thank you for posting the interview, Mark.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks for all the new reviews and interviews

icon by Daggi
Old 05-01-2016, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw Photo Op at the wicked queer film festival a few weeks ago... I dont think I got a chance to come in here and tell about it. It was in a collection of short films about men.

This was good... creepy but so good. the director was asked if he thought he would do another for it, he said he has ideas, but unless someone wanted to throw money at him, it is all done. Randy is in 99% of the movie... so glad I saw it!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
I saw Photo Op at the wicked queer film festival a few weeks ago... I dont think I got a chance to come in here and tell about it. It was in a collection of short films about men.

This was good... creepy but so good. the director was asked if he thought he would do another for it, he said he has ideas, but unless someone wanted to throw money at him, it is all done. Randy is in 99% of the movie... so glad I saw it!
You are a lucky girl

icon by Daggi
Old 05-02-2016, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)

Just the short trailer alone looked creepy and I know I would have loved it. I'd be willing to throw money for a full-length feature like that.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Photo OP does have a very intriguing feel to it. Glad you got to see it, Kathy.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Extreme Fan

from Randy's Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE45CTML...dyharrisongram

"Posted from Pennsylvania station in Baltimore. Taking the train back home for a week's vacation."

The framed photo in Randy's Instagram pic is of Baltimore native John Waters, film director of numerous campy and shockingly funny films that have been cult classics - many featuring the late great Harris Glenn Milstead, better known by his drag performer stage name "Divine". Waters is known as The King of Bad Taste and the Pope of Trash. Baltimore is the site of most of his films including one of his few mainstream movies - Hairspray (the original non-musical version) "Divine" originated the role of Edna Turnblatt in that film. Waters has homes in NYC, and Provincetown, but lives mainly in Baltimore. I wonder if he attended the show?
Old 05-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad that Randy is getting a much needed break. AND…I just realized it's only 8 more days until Cabaret!!!

P.S. I know who John Waters is.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I'm so glad that Randy is getting a much needed break. AND…I just realized it's only 8 more days until Cabaret!!!

P.S. I know who John Waters is.
Oh, I'm sure many here know also, but I added the info just in case.

My partner and I have seen him numerous times in the summer, pedaling his his bicycle on Commercial Street in Provincetown.

We even saw Divine (in full drag and make up) leaving one of the local show clubs in P-Town after a live performance of "Female Troubles".
Old 05-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
Oh, I'm sure many here know also, but I added the info just in case.

My partner and I have seen him numerous times in the summer, pedaling his his bicycle on Commercial Street in Provincetown.

We even saw Divine (in full drag and make up) leaving one of the local show clubs in P-Town after a live performance of "Female Troubles".
Thank you so much for the info. I'm sure there are younger folk who don't know who he is, and definitely wouldn't have recognized him by that photo. So definitely, thank you.

I have not had the pleasure of seeing him live.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm very familiar with John Waters. I like how Divine's You Think You're a Man was used in the first episode of QAF.

Hope Randy gets to enjoy himself during the break.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread