Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I will. I am planning on going to Woody's for my birthday so I will take many pics!! I just feel so weird--and I also feel stupid asking this lol because I know the answer--but like, is it weird for straight women to go to a gay bar? I mean, I know it's not. But you're obviously the outsider in that place so you want to make sure you're, I don't know, doing things right lol. Ignore me and my anxiety haha

See, I'd love a ribcage tattoo but I've heard horror stories about the pain. Awww lol haha Strangely, when I got my recent tattoo, the artist was like "You handle it better than most people, you didn't even flinch. Maybe you have a thing for pain."

Yeah maybe like a symbol or something subtle that you know represents QAF but others don't. I have no idea what that would be though haha
That's right, I did see you say that in another thread. That's so exciting. And haha well I'm not the best person to ask because I don't go to bars, really...gay or straight. I will say when I DID go to a gay bar I felt way more comfortable and like it was a friendlier environment, but I could just be biased. I don't think it's "weird" per-se, but just don't be surprised if you get hit on... You're going with friends though, right? You should be fine. Anxiety is a jerk, don't let it scare you away!

Haha I have a couple of stories like that, too. Sitting through my owl took about 4.5 hours and my artist said I was doing great with "just chillen" haha. And I've had those comments about having a thing for pain, too... I'm wondering if it's a little true for me, honestly. Whenever I get one tatt I always want more right away... and I do get acupuncture done weekly...hmmm...

Yes, I love subtle tatts like that. That's what I did for my Legend of Zelda tattoos...I knew what they represented without them being super obvious. Fellow superfans get it, too.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
That's right, I did see you say that in another thread. That's so exciting. And haha well I'm not the best person to ask because I don't go to bars, really...gay or straight. I will say when I DID go to a gay bar I felt way more comfortable and like it was a friendlier environment, but I could just be biased. I don't think it's "weird" per-se, but just don't be surprised if you get hit on... You're going with friends though, right? You should be fine. Anxiety is a jerk, don't let it scare you away!

Haha I have a couple of stories like that, too. Sitting through my owl took about 4.5 hours and my artist said I was doing great with "just chillen" haha. And I've had those comments about having a thing for pain, too... I'm wondering if it's a little true for me, honestly. Whenever I get one tatt I always want more right away... and I do get acupuncture done weekly...hmmm...

Yes, I love subtle tatts like that. That's what I did for my Legend of Zelda tattoos...I knew what they represented without them being super obvious. Fellow superfans get it, too.
Well then I'm sold lol. Hey listen, if anyone hits on me, I will take it as a compliment because that never happens Yes, anxiety sucks!!

That's awesome!! Umm yeah I think I'm in the same boat. I've thought about it--ahem--extensively. I mean---

Yup I get you. I think my 1D ones are like that as well. I mean, they are lyrics so people know it's a song. But my paper plane and smiley, you'd have to be in the fandom to know that they are tattoos that he (Louis) has himself.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Well then I'm sold lol. Hey listen, if anyone hits on me, I will take it as a compliment because that never happens Yes, anxiety sucks!!

That's awesome!! Umm yeah I think I'm in the same boat. I've thought about it--ahem--extensively. I mean---

Yup I get you. I think my 1D ones are like that as well. I mean, they are lyrics so people know it's a song. But my paper plane and smiley, you'd have to be in the fandom to know that they are tattoos that he (Louis) has himself.
Awww...lol. Well, you never know! And anxiety is the worst. I've gotten a lot better at telling mine to shove it though, luckily.

Hehehe. No harm in enjoying the process as well as the final result.

That's awesome. Insider/semi-secret tattoos are the best! I get annoyed when people ask me if my tattoos have any meaning. I'm like umm yes they do, to me! Like no matter how I explain it, it never satisfies some people. But I'm not going to type you up a report about why I got them. Honestly...

Old 08-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

"I always say, come clean, or don't come at all. ~ Emmett

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Awww...lol. Well, you never know! And anxiety is the worst. I've gotten a lot better at telling mine to shove it though, luckily.

Hehehe. No harm in enjoying the process as well as the final result.

That's awesome. Insider/semi-secret tattoos are the best! I get annoyed when people ask me if my tattoos have any meaning. I'm like umm yes they do, to me! Like no matter how I explain it, it never satisfies some people. But I'm not going to type you up a report about why I got them. Honestly...
I am working on telling mine to shove it, for sure!!

Haha the process is fun

I know, same!! It's like--no, they have no meaning, I just got them for fun.

Quote:
I love it!! Classic Emmett
Old 08-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Emmett had some good ones too
Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

"It's harder to wear a dress for an hour, than it is to wear a suit for the whole year."

-Emmett quoting Godiva

Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk

Quote:
"It's harder to wear a dress for an hour, than it is to wear a suit for the whole year."

-Emmett quoting Godiva
so so true
Old 08-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Mhmm. I don't even like wearing dresses. I feel like a freak. (Though, a pretty one...)

Old 08-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

-Emmett quoting Godiva
As nice as it looks, it's soooooo true
Old 08-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Mhmm. I don't even like wearing dresses. I feel like a freak. (Though, a pretty one...)
you are right about that

I only wear dresses if I have a reason to do so, that's why I know what he is talking about there
Old 08-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
you are right about that

I only wear dresses if I have a reason to do so, that's why I know what he is talking about there
It's nice to hear others who feel the same way. I know lots of chicks who wear dresses/skirts frequently and I've always felt so awkward!

I know he's going a lot deeper with it here, though... like feminine/masculine roles and dominance and privilege and all that.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It's nice to hear others who feel the same way. I know lots of chicks who wear dresses/skirts frequently and I've always felt so awkward!

I know he's going a lot deeper with it here, though... like feminine/masculine roles and dominance and privilege and all that.
I used to hate dresses and was all tom-boy. I'm better with it now and I don't mind dressing up. But after a while of wearing a dress it's like---can I put on pants now? I don't think I could do it frequently, I sit like a man.

Yeah it was meant to be deeper, of course.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I used to hate dresses and was all tom-boy. I'm better with it now and I don't mind dressing up. But after a while of wearing a dress it's like---can I put on pants now? I don't think I could do it frequently, I sit like a man.

Yeah it was meant to be deeper, of course.
Once in a while, I really enjoy it. But I still feel weird in dresses/skirts...like, more vulnerable? And they're a pain in the ass because they don't have pockets and it's harder to walk and sit down/get out of cars.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Once in a while, I really enjoy it. But I still feel weird in dresses/skirts...like, more vulnerable? And they're a pain in the ass because they don't have pockets and it's harder to walk and sit down/get out of cars.
Yes!! The navigation of being in a dress is what's annoying. You have to be more careful and all that.
Reply   Post New Thread