Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 AM
  #16
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 48,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Who interestingly also has some serious self esteem issues, but they manifest in a totally different way than Ted's.

I think Ted/Scott Lowell got more and more attractive with age (I'm excluding the blonde/Slim Shady phase ). That's impressive.
Ted was definitely channeling Slim Shady! Goodness, was that look or what? But we're in total agreement, Scott and the other cast members... and the show its self have all aged so well.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:25 AM
  #17
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Ted was definitely channeling Slim Shady! Goodness, was that look or what? But we're in total agreement, Scott and the other cast members... and the show its self have all aged so well.
Totally was. That show must've run when Eminem was in his hugely popular phase, so it makes sense. I'm glad someone else caught that!

I thought the most recent reunion photos, that the cast sadly got paired with a very excessive makeup artist. Particularly Hal Sparks, for some reason. He had so much blush on! What were they thinking?!
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:27 AM
  #18
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 48,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Totally was. That show must've run when Eminem was in his hugely popular phase, so it makes sense. I'm glad someone else caught that!

I thought the most recent reunion photos, that the cast sadly got paired with a very excessive makeup artist. Particularly Hal Sparks, for some reason. He had so much blush on! What were they thinking?!
They had on a bunch of makeup, they almost looked porcelain, but still good.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:04 PM
  #19
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
They had on a bunch of makeup, they almost looked porcelain, but still good.
maybe they all were really shiny or too bright for the photoshoots
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:11 PM
  #20
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,620
Maybe...IDK. I just thought they went wayyy overboard on Hal, for some reason. There were some really rude comments on YouTube, because of it.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:04 AM
  #21
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,793
I was thinking the same about Hal, he did look like he had a lot on. But of course, it does not warrant any rude comments.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:37 AM
  #22
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 48,957
People have no chill.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:07 PM
  #23
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,312
rude comments are something I just don't get.. ok of course you are talking, but make rude comments anywhere? I never would do that.. people just don't have respect anymoe these days
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 PM
  #24
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,620
I think people have to lack respect for themselves, to be able to diss someone else like that. Especially publicly.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM
  #25
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 48,957
People can be terrible, even more so on the internet. They feel so powerful sitting behind their keyboards, typing out whatever venom to tear others down. Don't people ever get sick of being horrible? Not just talking about the Hal hecklers, but in general.
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:02 PM
  #26
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
People can be terrible, even more so on the internet. They feel so powerful sitting behind their keyboards, typing out whatever venom to tear others down. Don't people ever get sick of being horrible? Not just talking about the Hal hecklers, but in general.
I don't kno, why people have to be so hateful all the time to say it with a Quote from Cabaret

"Why can't they just live and let live"
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:01 AM
  #27
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I don't kno, why people have to be so hateful all the time to say it with a Quote from Cabaret

"Why can't they just live and let live"
I really wish people would do that. The world would be a better place.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:56 AM
  #28
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I really wish people would do that. The world would be a better place.
absolutly
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:58 PM
  #29
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,620
So true, the power people feel from being somewhat anonymous on the Internet really contributes to it.

As far as another quote goes, I wrote this one down from the episode I watched last night:

Ted: "Why? Cause I don't wanna look like a cross between a Nazi Storm Trooper and...Roy Rogers!"
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:19 AM
  #30
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
So true, the power people feel from being somewhat anonymous on the Internet really contributes to it.

As far as another quote goes, I wrote this one down from the episode I watched last night:

Ted: "Why? Cause I don't wanna look like a cross between a Nazi Storm Trooper and...Roy Rogers!"
Haha love it
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
discussion, qaf, quotes, thread


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST