Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2018, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Queer as Folk Quotes

Past Threads

QAF Quotes # 1
QAF Quotes # 2 ~ The words that resonated within all of us
QAF Quotes # 3: Because these are the quotes that stayed in our minds and in our hearts
QAF Quotes # 4: Because they're not quotes, they're life
QAF Quotes #5: Because they're more than just words
QAF Quotes #6: Because they mean so much to us
QAF Quotes #7: So many quotes, so little time
QAF Quotes #8 ~ We promise you won't forget
QAF Quotes # 9 ~ "They mean different things to us all"
QAF Quotes #10 ~ "We all know them so well"
QAF Quotes #11 ~ They're like poetry to us
QAF Quotes #12 ~ They cheer us up or make us cry
QAF Quotes #13 ~ "Always Fun To Remember"
QAF Quotes #14 ~ "I want you to always remember this"
QAF Quotes #15 ~ A fount of inspiration and wisdom
QAF Quotes #16 ~ They always found the right words
QAF Quotes #17 ~ Gale said... "I can't repeat it"
http://www.fanforum.com/f87/queer-fo...6/index21.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f87/queer-fo...0/index20.html
Queer as Folk Quotes #20 ~ Memorable quotes create memorable moments
Brian to Michael: “There's only two kinds of straight people in this world: The ones that hate you to your face... and the ones that hate you behind your back.” It’s harsh, and not 100% true, but it captures the way some LGBTQ people feel.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyavelife (View Post)
Brian to Michael: “There's only two kinds of straight people in this world: The ones that hate you to your face... and the ones that hate you behind your back.” It’s harsh, and not 100% true, but it captures the way some LGBTQ people feel.
and I'm sure they are given reasons to believe this sadly.. we all wished that people would be more tolerant in the world..

may I ask you why you quoted the Opening post, Jim? maybe I can help if you wanted to do something but it didn't work the way you wanted

icon by Daggi
Old 08-16-2018, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

That makes me so sad I wish people would be more accepting. No one should have to feel that way.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Being part of the LGBTQ community myself, I disagree with that quote, and in fact it's always kind of made me uncomfortable. I can understand others feeling that way, though. However, I might have agreed with it a lot more in the early 2000's. It's amazing how much progress has been made (and which may sadly be slipping away from us a bit in the U.S. lately...) since this show aired. It really was SO important that this show was on TV.

I will say though, that there's always a hesitation for me to reveal "who I really am", but it also feels kind of ridiculous? It's just one aspect of our lives. It changes literally nothing, but we're meant to feel like it's SUCH a huge deal...that coming out has to be such a huge thing... But if you don't do it you feel like you're living a lie. It is annoying to be assumed straight - I'll say that.

I'll never get why people are so angry that others are doing something they don't, or don't agree with. Unless someone is breaking the law in a dangerous way, or harming others, or interfering with your personal life, just let them be.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Very well said, Chris. And I agree. I mean, I can't exactly speak on it personally, I am not a part of the LGTBQ community, I am ally. I guess people are afraid to come out because they are afraid of the judgement they might get. Which is so stupid to me, that people judge. My motto in life is just do what makes you happy, don't hurt anyone, be a good person and that's it. Basically what you said. I have no right to tell people what to do or who to love and neither does anyone else. Love is love and that should be it. So yes, QAF and shows like it, are really important.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Definitely, people are terrified about the judgment they might get. Also, the shootings in places like the dance club in FL? Absolutely terrible. I was much more afraid of coming out before I actually did, though. I'd say 95% of people were super supportive, which was great. The biggest struggle was people not believing it or trying to convince me otherwise, but that's a whole other rant.

Actually, I think I wasn't exactly 100% confident in myself and choosing to live my life authentically until I watched/fell in love with QAF. One of Brian's lines that he says to Justin, "I know it's scarier finding your own way than doing what's expected." (Another quote worth discussing in here.) That line grabbed me profoundly each time, but really hooked me just recently, during my third watch. So, it's possible that I really owe a lot to Brian...

Old 08-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah the shootings and bashings and whatever else is scary and horrible. Just recently, in Toronto, there was a man who was killing gay men and it was so horrible. So, I don't blame people for being afraid to come out. But at the same time, it's 2018, when are people going to wake up and see that there is nothing wrong with liking who you like regardless of gender or orientation? There's actual things to worry about in the world.

That's so amazing And that quote is great. People tend to write off movies or TV shows as something silly but they are important and they really help people. I'm glad QAF and Brian helped you
Old 08-16-2018, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yeah the shootings and bashings and whatever else is scary and horrible. Just recently, in Toronto, there was a man who was killing gay men and it was so horrible. So, I don't blame people for being afraid to come out. But at the same time, it's 2018, when are people going to wake up and see that there is nothing wrong with liking who you like regardless of gender or orientation? There's actual things to worry about in the world.

That's so amazing And that quote is great. People tend to write off movies or TV shows as something silly but they are important and they really help people. I'm glad QAF and Brian helped you
That's terrible! I've always thought of Toronto as being a super accepting place, but I guess hate still exists everywhere. And yeah, people really need to catch up with the times. As much fear as surrounds coming out and living true to yourself and everything, it's also so important that more and more people get brave enough to do it, because it's the only way to ever turn things around. And yes, there are REAL problems in the world!

I'm thinking of possibly getting that quote tattooed. I can never decide where to put words on myself, though. Like, I want to be able to see it, but I don't want a bunch of people trying to read me and ask me what it means all the time. Any suggestions? And thank you. I'm very glad, too.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
That's terrible! I've always thought of Toronto as being a super accepting place, but I guess hate still exists everywhere. And yeah, people really need to catch up with the times. As much fear as surrounds coming out and living true to yourself and everything, it's also so important that more and more people get brave enough to do it, because it's the only way to ever turn things around. And yes, there are REAL problems in the world!

I'm thinking of possibly getting that quote tattooed. I can never decide where to put words on myself, though. Like, I want to be able to see it, but I don't want a bunch of people trying to read me and ask me what it means all the time. Any suggestions? And thank you. I'm very glad, too.
Toronto is, for sure. But evil is everywhere. I believe they caught the guy but the case or trial or whatever is still on going. You're right, people do need to get brave because it'll help them in the end. I mean, I think there will always be crappy people in the world but that in a few generations, it will be better than it is now which as we know is way better than it was a few generations ago.

That would be amazing!! I know what you mean. I'd say your shoulder is your best bet. Easily covered but also easily shown if you want to. I have script (well, lyrics lol) on my shoulder blade.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Toronto is, for sure. But evil is everywhere. I believe they caught the guy but the case or trial or whatever is still on going. You're right, people do need to get brave because it'll help them in the end. I mean, I think there will always be crappy people in the world but that in a few generations, it will be better than it is now which as we know is way better than it was a few generations ago.

That would be amazing!! I know what you mean. I'd say your shoulder is your best bet. Easily covered but also easily shown if you want to. I have script (well, lyrics lol) on my shoulder blade.
I think in a few generations things will be a lot better, too. I feel like there's one generation in particular that kind of has to die off. Then things will start to progress much quicker. And yes, crazy how much better things are than even when QAF was airing!

Shoulder is a good spot - but that was my most painful tattoo, by far! Ugh. Haha. I'll probably never get my other shoulder blade tattooed. I think I want the quote on the front of me, so that I can randomly read it. I'll probably end up putting the words along the edge of a tattoo I have on my thigh right now, I think the combination will be meaningful to me. I'll have to play around with it.

Also, for fun, I googled "Queer as Folk tattoo" and this made me tear up. Someone also got Rage's face tattooed, which is super cool! I love seeing QAF love.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think in a few generations things will be a lot better, too. I feel like there's one generation in particular that kind of has to die off. Then things will start to progress much quicker. And yes, crazy how much better things are than even when QAF was airing!

Shoulder is a good spot - but that was my most painful tattoo, by far! Ugh. Haha. I'll probably never get my other shoulder blade tattooed. I think I want the quote on the front of me, so that I can randomly read it. I'll probably end up putting the words along the edge of a tattoo I have on my thigh right now, I think the combination will be meaningful to me. I'll have to play around with it.

Also, for fun, I googled "Queer as Folk tattoo" and this made me tear up. Someone also got Rage's face tattooed, which is super cool! I love seeing QAF love.
You're definitely right about that---certain generations.... Yes!! I was actually so happily surprised when in the show they spoke about how Toronto was welcoming and gay marriage was legal and it made me so proud. And that was like fourteen years ago.

Really? My shoulder tattoo was okay actually. I mean, it hurt. But the most painful for me (still bearable but with a lot of teeth grinding lol) was my ankle. I like the thigh idea!!

Oh wow I love that "cue the pulse" tattoo!! It is so nice seeing QAF love. I was trying to think about what a QAF tattoo would be like the other day but didn't come up with much. I like those!!
Old 08-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're definitely right about that---certain generations.... Yes!! I was actually so happily surprised when in the show they spoke about how Toronto was welcoming and gay marriage was legal and it made me so proud. And that was like fourteen years ago.

Really? My shoulder tattoo was okay actually. I mean, it hurt. But the most painful for me (still bearable but with a lot of teeth grinding lol) was my ankle. I like the thigh idea!!

Oh wow I love that "cue the pulse" tattoo!! It is so nice seeing QAF love. I was trying to think about what a QAF tattoo would be like the other day but didn't come up with much. I like those!!
That's so awesome to be in Toronto and see it referenced so positively on QAF! And to know that they actually filmed in Canada and that all those locations were actually there... I'm quite a bit jealous.

I'm glad you had a better experience with your shoulder than I did. It wasn't so much the shoulder area, but... well, I got a fairy on mine, and one of the wings extends overtop of the upper part of my ribcage. THAT part hurt soooo bad I felt sick at one point. And ha, ankle didn't bother me much. The top of my foot, however...

QAF love is amazing. I'm starting off with this Brian quote but I may have to get a couple more related tatts...

Old 08-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's so awesome to be in Toronto and see it referenced so positively on QAF! And to know that they actually filmed in Canada and that all those locations were actually there... I'm quite a bit jealous.

I'm glad you had a better experience with your shoulder than I did. It wasn't so much the shoulder area, but... well, I got a fairy on mine, and one of the wings extends overtop of the upper part of my ribcage. THAT part hurt soooo bad I felt sick at one point. And ha, ankle didn't bother me much. The top of my foot, however...

QAF love is amazing. I'm starting off with this Brian quote but I may have to get a couple more related tatts...
I know!! I would love to go and see some of the filming locations

Oh jeez yeah, the ribcage is supposed to be one of the most painful spots. I have one at the top of my foot. The pain was bearable. It was just a big task to remain absolutely still and not jerk my foot.

QAF tats would be great. Hmm maybe one day....
Old 08-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know!! I would love to go and see some of the filming locations

Oh jeez yeah, the ribcage is supposed to be one of the most painful spots. I have one at the top of my foot. The pain was bearable. It was just a big task to remain absolutely still and not jerk my foot.

QAF tats would be great. Hmm maybe one day....
You should definitely go and take lots of pics. I'd love to go one day, should I ever make it up to Canada (which I would love to do...)...hopefully not when it's cold.

Ribcage is awful. I'd love to have a huge tattoo down my side but I'll never sit through it...too much of a wuss. My foot was one of my least faves...at least towards the outside edge. I remember making a face and my tattoo artist laughing (not in a jerk way).

Yes, QAF tatts... I'd love to think of something super creative. There weren't too many of them on Google images.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You should definitely go and take lots of pics. I'd love to go one day, should I ever make it up to Canada (which I would love to do...)...hopefully not when it's cold.

Ribcage is awful. I'd love to have a huge tattoo down my side but I'll never sit through it...too much of a wuss. My foot was one of my least faves...at least towards the outside edge. I remember making a face and my tattoo artist laughing (not in a jerk way).

Yes, QAF tatts... I'd love to think of something super creative. There weren't too many of them on Google images.
I will. I am planning on going to Woody's for my birthday so I will take many pics!! I just feel so weird--and I also feel stupid asking this lol because I know the answer--but like, is it weird for straight women to go to a gay bar? I mean, I know it's not. But you're obviously the outsider in that place so you want to make sure you're, I don't know, doing things right lol. Ignore me and my anxiety haha

See, I'd love a ribcage tattoo but I've heard horror stories about the pain. Awww lol haha Strangely, when I got my recent tattoo, the artist was like "You handle it better than most people, you didn't even flinch. Maybe you have a thing for pain."

Yeah maybe like a symbol or something subtle that you know represents QAF but others don't. I have no idea what that would be though haha
Closed Thread   Post New Thread