Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

So, Showtime... are you gonna answer them?

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-31-2017, 05:20 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

I wonder if they will answer. It would be nice to get an affirmative or negative.
Deborah - avi by me
Old 08-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Honestly, I don't expect n answer..
Old 08-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

And if there is one, they're taking their sweet time to get it to us all.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

I would be surprised if they do say something but there are so many shows they are doing this for now and they must be getting audiences or they wouldn't be making them. QAF had so much to offer at the time and the original still does - I still find it relevant today with the storylines and everything, which is amazing, but the world has changed in some ways and it would be good to show life like it is today for these couples and new characters like a grown up Gus and JR and even Hunter, who would still be so much younger and going through different things to his parents.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Actually I somehow also lost hope that reboot would happen. Not that I was convinced about it at the beginning but was hoping. However now seeing all the efforts during the past years without even a small reaction from producers, I dont think it would happen.
I agree that it would be interesting with new characters and new circumstances and there is big interest among viewers but for whatever the reason the producers think this ship has sailed.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:32 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

This is all sad, but true.
Deborah - avi by me
Old 09-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Actually I somehow also lost hope that reboot would happen. Not that I was convinced about it at the beginning but was hoping. However now seeing all the efforts during the past years without even a small reaction from producers, I dont think it would happen.
I agree that it would be interesting with new characters and new circumstances and there is big interest among viewers but for whatever the reason the producers think this ship has sailed.
I think so too

Old 09-04-2017, 02:34 AM
Absolute Fan

some of the shows they are bringing back are a surprise though - maybe they don't think we're ready for round 2 of a show like QAF
Old 09-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
some of the shows they are bringing back are a surprise though - maybe they don't think we're ready for round 2 of a show like QAF
My personal opinion why the producers dont want to do the reboot of qaf or at least one of the reasons is that they know the original show was very unique, innovative, special, best quality (of course some flaws here and there). And no matter how good the reboot would be, it could never measure up to the original show. And it could thus end up as being a failure in eyes of some viewers who have high expectations due to the original show.
Another reason in their eyes I believe is age issues. Although as we said here already earlier, party can continue till unlimited age, but when we are realistic, in this type of show it still an important factor. That could be solved by basing the reboot on many new actors who would be younger, thus they would include more generations. Which I think would not be a problem but still for producers the age issue of the original cast might be.
These are not reasons that would stop me personally wanting to have the reboot, but I think they might be factors that producers are considering,
Old 09-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The age thing really irritates me. None of the cast even look old enough to be excluded from anything, they still look young for their ages. They brought back the L word, and some of the people from that show are older than any of the actors from QAF. Jennifer Beals is like 54, and she is still perfect for her character as ever.

Hollywood, the industry... whatever is just so selective in their choices, never thinking to give something else a chance. I think even to this day, the subject matter in QAF and the thinking it provokes is far too advanced for most television head honchos to grasp, still now, in the late 2010s. I don't think some of us have begun to completely understand what social effect shows like QAF have had on our world. They were discussing issues 12-17 years ago that was then so ahead of its time, and that are very prevalent today. For a show as sophisticated as QAF, I honestly do know how writers and producers would even know where to begin with a new show today. Things have changed greatly, and so have fans' expectations of its content.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
The age thing really irritates me. None of the cast even look old enough to be excluded from anything, they still look young for their ages. They brought back the L word, and some of the people from that show are older than any of the actors from QAF. Jennifer Beals is like 54, and she is still perfect for her character as ever.

Hollywood, the industry... whatever is just so selective in their choices, never thinking to give something else a chance. I think even to this day, the subject matter in QAF and the thinking it provokes is far too advanced for most television head honchos to grasp, still now, in the late 2010s. I don't think some of us have begun to completely understand what social effect shows like QAF have had on our world. They were discussing issues 12-17 years ago that was then so ahead of its time, and that are very prevalent today. For a show as sophisticated as QAF, I honestly do know how writers and producers would even know where to begin with a new show today. Things have changed greatly, and so have fans' expectations of its content.
I agree with you, I was just trying to find reasons why producers dont want to continue the show. Its bad they dont do some official statement or that there is no chance to contact them and ask for explanation. Or even better speak with someone personally because only then we might find their true motivations.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I agree with you, I was just trying to find reasons why producers dont want to continue the show. Its bad they dont do some official statement or that there is no chance to contact them and ask for explanation. Or even better speak with someone personally because only then we might find their true motivations.
I wasn't disagreeing. I think age has an awful lot to do with it, among many other reasons.

Showtime is very silent on this, to silent.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I wasn't disagreeing. I think age has an awful lot to do with it, among many other reasons.

Showtime is very silent on this, to silent.
Yes, unfortunately no reactions. And I dont think Showtime would respond to email or questions from some fans etc., only maybe when someone more important contacted them, maybe one of the actors or even Cowlip but these probably have other stuff to do and think about than to try and get some answers, also probably not so passionate as fans are.
But it frustrates me this silence especially when I see so much hope in some of fans on twitter etc.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

We will have to continue to keep our eyes peeled, even though they've been that way since 2014 and sooner.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread