Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2018, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Queer As Folk ~ 600K Posts and 16 Years On Fan Forum! ~ Celebrating Pride & Joy!

... and 16 Years On Fan Forum

Help us celebrate the Queer As Folk board on reaching 600K posts and 16 years on Fan Forum. We are so proud of our posters now and over the years who have kept our board going...and the continual love for the storyline and characters of this show. We are proud to stand amongst the large group of "Past Shows" boards who have maintained a presence on our forum. As the saying goes: "We came for the Queer and Stayed for the Folk". We know that with our small but dedicated group of posters, we'll have many more celebrations on Fan Forum.

Daggi

https://youtu.be/eINQWI48d2s

Deborah

Denise

Fan Forum ~Reflections ~Memories

Quote:
Fiona

Last June my life changed again. I had left full time work again and had taken leave due to my illness again. During this time I liked to read M/M romances and one day I decided to google men kissing I think I just wanted a picture in my mind so when I read the books I could understand/imagine what I was reading. Well one of the things that came up were the QAF little videos on YouTube - I watched so many of them and thought I need to see this! I went and bought all 5 seasons in one shot and watched the whole thing in a week staying up all night and all day just watching this amazing show.

After my binge I had all these thoughts and feelings and ideas and I just needed someone to talk to about QAF so much. I searched again on the internet and tried a few different things to find people to talk to about the show and then I found and this forum for QAF. I so hoped that it was still current and that there were still people here I could talk to and there was!! I was so excited to find people still talking about this show and people who were so open and accepting and so wonderful!

Since then I have been on the forum almost every day and love talking to the wonderful people on here who are so open about their love of QAF and their lives and so welcoming and fantastic! I have loved being on here and being a part of this forum with these wonderful people. I have loved being able to talk about QAF and exploring the show so much in so many different ways and with so many different opinions and ideas all blending together in such a beautiful way. I'm happy to have been a small part of reaching the 600K and can't wait to keep going

Thank you to you all for your acceptance and support and inclusion in this great place
Quote:
Vicki

I am so proud to be a part of this board and not only to support the fellow moderators that moderate it but to be a part of the board that really shows that love clearly has no labels and celebrating the LGBT community with unconditional love and endless support. Temporary moderating this board isn't a job/assignment to me, It's a real pleasure. I will forever be a part of this board as a poster.

It took me a while to be a part of this board due to failing watching the QAF seasons here in the UK. Thanks to this board, I have a wonderful insight on how the characters are portrayed, the wonderful storylines, the fabulous cast and that's only just the start of it. I haven't even scratched the surface, I don't think
You may say, how can you love a show that you've never watched much of? Well, this is why this board is so fantastic because it opens and scoops you up, enticing and giving you much excitement and anticipation to watch.
I know that I will grow to genuinely love the show even more when I do finally watch the seasons.

All four corners of this board is filled with love, optimism, courage, respect and sheer adoration for each other, the show, the cast, the LGBT community and nestled in between are three outstanding moderators. I don't think you can get any better than that.

I want to thank from the bottom of my heart.

Deborah~ You fill this board with joy. I couldn't imagine this board without you and you have the magic touch, those magic hands has made this board what it is today which is a big success. Special lady indeed. Thank you.

Daggi ~ Wonderful addition to this board, a wonderful moderator. You give everything and more here and you do it so effortlessly. The genuine love that you have for this show makes me smile. LIke Deborah, you work this board amazingly well!

Denise ~ This lady leaves sparkle in every thread that she posts in. You can't help but smile when she is around because she gives great vibes. You are amazing for this board. I can't wait to post more with this lovely lady.

Fiona ~ AKA our Posting Machine. You are a special asset to this board with your dedication and posting skills. We are never letting you go, lady! Thank you for all what you have contributed.

To everyone else that has kindly made the time and effort, thank you and I wish to see you around posting or even if you are just lurking.
I come here whenever I am feeling down mostly because the spirit and vibe I feel on this board means alot to me.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Quote:
Deborah

When I found this show in 2013, I really needed a place to talk about the overwhelming, roller coaster of emotions that it evoked in me. At that time we were approaching 325K posts. I never imagined having so much to talk about and the friendships that have been formed as a result. I am truly thankful for Daggi, Denise, Fiona, Claudia, Vicki and all of the others who have come and gone over the years.

Congratulations to our small but mighty board on reaching 600,000 posts and 16 Years on
Quote:
Denise

Our Queer as Folk board has been open for nearly 16 years now, and with that time has come many dedicated fans to help continue the legacy of the show, as well as for the forum that accommodates us all. I am proud to say that I, along with my fellow posters are keeping this board going with the same genuine love and dedication that has always existed for many people over the years. And 600k is a true indication of the pull QAF continues to have on our hearts, as fans, as humans in general.

Special thanks to: Claudia, Deborah, Daggi, Fiona, and Vicki for keeping the ball rolling. Also want to thank the countless others who've posted with us in the past who are no longer regulars on our board for contributing all those years. You've helped push us along in the right direction more times than we can all name, and that has kept us up and running for so long.

It is honor to be here and I'm so happy I found this place so I, too, could keep the show's legacy alive.
Quote:
Daggi

It was shortly after the 400k celebration that I joined that board, and we took off with posts since then only a few months later we hit 425k and it was my first big celebration with all the new online friends I found.. I can't believe, that we now hit 600k time and post counts just flew by, and online frineds became real live friends and online family I'm so glad to be a part of it and that this amazing show makes things like that happen and real

I'm happy to be a moderator of that wonderful board and have two of the best comods, Deborah and Denise I know and a lot of helpers when one of us isn't available like Vicki or Christine, who also make this board vivid and alive

It also makes me really happy to have found friends all over the world who keep in contact even with time differences it is possible to talk to each other in real time as much as possible and it makes us feel like the world is just a little closer together. especially when we try to find a time to watch something toggether in real time and we all put effort in finding the right time, which means for some of us to stay or get up late or early.

We really are a great team so off to the next 100k Team-QaF

without us being together this celebation wouldn't be possible

QAF 16th Anniversary

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations everyone! This is FANtastic. I am so proud of all of us.

AND...I've added everyone's titles. If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know today and I will add them.

OH...Congratulations Addie on 200 posts!

Old 05-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Congratulations on your double milestone!

Lovely job on the OP.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Congratulations everybody ! We really can be proud of us but it only is possible because we are an amazing Team - QaF

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm already at 200?! Wow, that's awesome!! And thank you!!

I've only been here for a short time but I love it already. It's so nice to have a place to come to and talk about QAF.

I got into QAF about a month or so ago. As I've mentioned before, I'm in the One Direction fandom and one of the main ships is Larry. So for a long time now, I've been reading the fan fictions about them. I am very active on Twitter in the fandom as well. In one of my group chats, we were sending some lovely gifs of M/M back and forth and a friend sent some of Justin and Brian and told me I should watch the show. I mentioned it to another 1D friend and she told me to as well, she loves it. So I downloaded it right away. I started watching it and I was hooked right away. The characters, the whole world, I loved it so much. And of course, of course Brian and Justin. I sped through the show so fast, it look me three weeks. Then I watched the British one. It wasn't bad. Just lacked a lot of punch. I found myself on YouTube after that, watching the QAF music video, the bloopers, and the panel they did a few years ago (which was awesome!!) And then I gave in and started rewatching the show again haha. Obsessed is an understatement!! I hope to get the DVDs for my bday so I can watch it again

I was searching around to find a place to meet people to talk about QAF and I found this board and I love it so much!! You all are so nice!!

I just have one bone to pick. Their ship name is Britin--missed opportunity for Brustin. I mean, honestly!!

HAPPY 600K EVERYONE!!!!
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on you amazing milestones! 16 years is amazing.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Lovely OP and congrats on 600K & 16 years everyone!

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats on 600K and 16 years
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

congrats!
Old 05-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well done guys
Old 05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats for 600K and 16 years!

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Congratulations, guys!
Old 05-31-2018, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks for all the congrats

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

I changed my avatar I figure it matched my special name now I can change that and the picture of then they first meet Thanks for the new avi's and all the work put into the designs and everything that people have put together
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your special name and avi look great on you, Fiona.
Reply   Post New Thread