Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Brian had to realise that he wanted to be different like his dad was.. even being scared to fail at this goal.. in the end he wanted to give it a try.. he realised that it was what his dad did to him.. teach him a lesson that he couldn't count on his dad.. he didn't want to end this way
I agree with what Justin says later how Brian is not going to be the main caretaker. But, I know if Gus sought him out for a problem or needed him for a talk, Brian would be there for him.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Me too! This show really did great with its music cues in the credits.
clever!
Old 08-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
And to think some people perceive Brian as being an outright A when he has been hurt by his terrible parents. The effects of growing up in dysfunction and emotional turmoil are everlasting.
In the first impression you can think that way, but as soon as you look closer in that character you see the tortured soul and the reason why he acted the way he did.. this character alone is worth to watch the show from different point of view over and over agian.. you will always find a new layer

icon by Daggi
Old 08-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Michale knew emediatly what happened.. He had seen Brian being hurt way too often by his dad.. and Brian breaking down in Michales bed showed how much the two shared in their childhood.. Brian didn't have to explain.. he just seeked comfort.. going home to Justin for that would only have caused questions.. he didn't need to explain.. he just wanted that feeling to stop.. and when his regular painmanagment didn't work he went to Michale.. his saftey blanket in his youth with all the same problems
Michael knew right away.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Master Fan

Quote:
And to think some people perceive Brian as being an outright A when he has been hurt by his terrible parents. The effects of growing up in dysfunction and emotional turmoil are everlasting.
It would be easy to come to that judgment if you didn't know him personally, sadly. It's not like Brian's the most open person in the world about it. And yes, heartbreaking how much growing up in a home like that affects someone as an adult.
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Me too! This show really did great with its music cues in the credits.
so you do have the DVDs now with the original music?

icon by Daggi
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
In the first impression you can think that way, but as soon as you look closer in that character you see the tortured soul and the reason why he acted the way he did.. this character alone is worth to watch the show from different point of view over and over agian.. you will always find a new layer
True~ I don’t know how anyone can watch this episode and see him cry about his dad and think that he has no heart.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, yes. I think everyone knew it was secretly the Brian show. But I agree with what you're saying, and that's what I've been doing, since the beginning. Looking for new layers to Brian and enjoying his evolution.

He is my favorite TV character EVER.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Michael knew right away.
I am so thankful that Brian had someone like Michael in his life.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Quote:
It would be easy to come to that judgment if you didn't know him personally, sadly. It's not like Brian's the most open person in the world about it. And yes, heartbreaking how much growing up in a home like that affects someone as an adult.
The first few viewings, I thought he was an arrogant jerk, too. Not going to lie. But I quickly turned around when I began to see further character development.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
True~ I don’t know how anyone can watch this episode and see him cry about his dad and think that he has no heart.
I don't get that too.. it was so obvious how sensitiive Brian was.. he feard the power love had to hurt.. and that is what he had experoenced his whole life..love someone and you will get hurt..

icon by Daggi
Old 08-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
so you do have the DVDs now with the original music?
Yes! I watched for the first time on Netflix, then saw it had a different soundtrack and immediately went out and bought the boxsets before my second watch-through!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. From the very first episode with the song "Proud." To change that is just wrong!
Old 08-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The first few viewings, I thought he was an arrogant jerk, too. Not going to lie. But I quickly turned around when I began to see further character development.
Agree! And having known ~jerks~ (to put it lightly) and dealt with them on an intimate level in real life many times, I wanted to hate Brian at first, and probably spent a couple of episodes doing so. But as I saw more to him, and saw his progression, I fell...hard.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yes! I watched for the first time on Netflix, then saw it had a different soundtrack and immediately went out and bought the boxsets before my second watch-through!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. From the very first episode with the song "Proud." To change that is just wrong!
the makers wanted to show and say so much with music.. it is a shame they had to change it.. there shoud be a rule to exept old shows from all those copyright things

glad you got the DVDs

icon by Daggi
Old 08-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
"It never changes... not his bull , not his life" He was completely devastated. He had to let go of any good hope of having a good relationship with his dad, because his dad was so selfish.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread