Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to read it again. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I have to read it again. Thanks for the reminder.

It's not getting me crying like Frayach's MPREG and Plum's BYBR but, like I said, it's like reading my fantasy so I'm tucked in there all nice and cozy. LOL
brianitesince2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think I read that one too, but I really have to reread it too

icon by Daggi
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

There were two interesting things I noticed in this episode. Justin found out how sex could be powerful by taking charge of and owning himself and Brian found out that it could be humiliating and show weakness. That others will use him and he's not truly in control.

Does this make sense?
Old 11-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
There were two interesting things I noticed in this episode. Justin found out how sex could be powerful by taking charge of and owning himself and Brian found out that it could be humiliating and show weakness. That others will use him and he's not truly in control.

Does this make sense?
Absolutely. I think they did that a lot - showing B/J each learning their own lessons which happened to coincide/oppose one another. Sort of a yin yang thing given their difference in ages, experience, backgrounds, and personalities.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really bothered me how his boss told him to do everything he could to secure that account from that sleaze. He KNEW Brian was gay and wanted to prostitute him out. I wonder if everyone in that meeting understood it the same way. Although, Brian won the CLEO and other awards, basically he was saying that Brian was no better than a hooker.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It really bothered me how his boss told him to do everything he could to secure that account from that sleaze. He KNEW Brian was gay and wanted to prostitute him out. I wonder if everyone in that meeting understood it the same way. Although, Brian won the CLEO and other awards, basically he was saying that Brian was no better than a hooker.
Ryder was always a pr--k. But, did Ryder know Marvin was gay? I thought that was a tight secret Marvin revealed to Brian only b/c he saw Brian at Woody's.

It's a terrible thing but in RL there are all sorts of "entertainment" in many industries to ensure the business of their clients. My ex even attended a "business" dinner as the guest of a client. They had like 15 naked women with complete dinners on their bodies for all the men to eat.

I don't think Ryder thought anybody in his office was more than a hooker. Look at what he did to Brian when he sold the company. Brian brought 1/3 of the accounts making it a viable company to acquire. Then, Ryder breaks his promise to Brian of making partner and sells the business right out from under Brian.

Again, it's heart-breaking that EVERYBODY in Brian's life had to stab him, AND DEEPLY, at one time or another.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Ryder was always a pr--k. But, did Ryder know Marvin was gay? I thought that was a tight secret Marvin revealed to Brian only b/c he saw Brian at Woody's.

It's a terrible thing but in RL there are all sorts of "entertainment" in many industries to ensure the business of their clients. My ex even attended a "business" dinner as the guest of a client. They had like 15 naked women with complete dinners on their bodies for all the men to eat.

I don't think Ryder thought anybody in his office was more than a hooker. Look at what he did to Brian when he sold the company. Brian brought 1/3 of the accounts making it a viable company to acquire. Then, Ryder breaks his promise to Brian of making partner and sells the business right out from under Brian.

Again, it's heart-breaking that EVERYBODY in Brian's life had to stab him, AND DEEPLY, at one time or another.
I'm not sure, but I think you are right.. Brian was the only one who knew MArvin was gay, but he took his boss by the word.. Ryder wanted him to do what ever neccessary to make this client happy, and MArvin made it clear in Babylon that he wanted him...

icon by Daggi
Old 11-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I'm not sure, but I think you are right.. Brian was the only one who knew MArvin was gay, but he took his boss by the word.. Ryder wanted him to do what ever neccessary to make this client happy, and MArvin made it clear in Babylon that he wanted him...
Marvin was quite the sleaze. That's why it's such a heart-breaking scene. Again, I view Brian as a vulnerable child here. The only satisfaction I get is when Brian's on the hotel phone.

Brian's established and sophisticated. When he was ordering the hotel to finalize Marvin's bill and get a car the adult Brian was back, the one who knew how to wield power.

Love when he walks into the hallway with no clothes showing Marvin he'd rather be anywhere but in the same room as that sleaze, clothed or not.

And, notice, Brian didn't suffer any consequences for not bringing in that account. Brian was too valuable to Ryder. I'm sure that taught Brian a lesson, too...don't cross your own line. Stick to your own moral code and everything will work out in the end.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-14-2017 at 12:16 PM
Old 11-16-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are we shooting for the same time this Saturday for 106?

Quote:
That's gross. I just don't get the mentality of people who would find that even remotely attractive.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I try to be there on time have to work, so it could be I'm a few minutes late

how about the others?

icon by Daggi
Old 11-18-2017, 03:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Is it on tomorrow people?
fmaldy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I hope so same time as last week or maybe half an hour later for the working people?

icon by Daggi
Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll have to set it up later. So let me get this straight. Today at 12:30 Germany time? and 6:30pm US eastern time?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I'll have to set it up later. So let me get this straight. Today at 12:30 Germany time? and 6:30pm US eastern time?
that would be it

I just hope is faster then, cause at the moment I wait for ages

icon by Daggi
Reply   Post New Thread