Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Supreme Fan

The QaF Hot Seat (mylu is up)

so, this thread was started on the moderators board first, i think.
the idea of this thread is getting to know each other better. even though we're such a small bunch of posters on this board, i realized i don't really know much about most of you guys. plus, every other board seems to have their hot seat now so we might as well have it, too.

the person being in the hot seat is asked questions by everyone else. you stay in the hot seat for four days. after four days of answering questions - you can choose if you wanna answer them or not - you'll appoint the next poster who'll be up next. try not picking someone who's already been in the hot seat. if we're running out of posters we can start all over again. i'll set up a site on my webspace where i'll have a list of the posters who've already been in the hot seat with their q&as.

alright. usually the person opening the thread was first in the hotseat BUT i'll pick krista as the first person because i just figured i have no idea where your screenname comes from.

POSTERS WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE HOT SEAT ALREADY:
1) Whiskey Girl
2) galela
3) wolkenfuehlen
4) kyleschick

so my question would be: why did you pick whiskey girl as your screenname?

Last edited by galela; 04-05-2005 at 03:11 PM
galela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Okay I'm not going to ask QaF questions:-

"What other programme are you passionate about"?

Orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:11 AM
Supreme Fan

doesn't anyone have any questions for krista???
i have some more.

what's your shoe size?
what'd be your favorite place to go on a holiday if money didn't matter?
do you believe in life after death?
Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got one.

How is you favorite couple outside of QAF ?

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

mylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Extreme Fan

What kind of music do you listen to?
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I tried to post last night and my internet crashed, but it's fixed now, so I'm very happy!

When I was reading this I was thinking “Hey this is a cool idea.” And then I saw that I was first. Thanks dine! I'm kidding. We all know how much I love to talk about myself!

Quote:
why did you pick whiskey girl as your screenname?
Oh man. You just had to ask that of all things! Okay, so it’s a nickname that I got this past summer and I’ll be honest and tell you how. (I must warn you it’s not pretty and it’s kind of a long story), so don’t blame me. You asked!

This past summer I went to Prince Edward Island on vacation (I go almost every year), but this was the first year that I was able to go out and drink (legally ). So, we would go to the legion every Wednesday and Friday because it was Karaoke night (no, I don’t sing). So, on the Friday night before we were leaving we went there to party.

Now, I used to drink vodka a lot and then it started making me sick (you know when you drink something too much?), so while I was down there I switched to Whiskey and 7 UP. It’s so good and it never gave me a hangover! But, on the last night there I decided that I’m going to try different stuff as well (remember I have a list? ) So, I decided to try a Caesar *I gag just thinking about it* It’s the nastiest thing I ever had in my life. My cousin tried it (she really likes them) and said that the bartender put WAY too much Tabasco sauce in it. Literally it burnt my lips! But, like an idiot I drank it all because, well I paid six ****ing dollars for the stupid thing! (yeah, I’m cheap). So I liked chugged it, thinking that would help somehow And I wasn’t feeling too hot after that, but it was my last night there and I decided to just party it up anyways. I ended up drinking some vodka and other stuff that I don’t really remember (I kept the Whiskey going too). Let’s just say that I wasn’t walking a straight line.

So fast-forward a bit: It’s two in the morning and the legion is closing so everyone comes out to the parking lot (like 20-30 people) and I’m on the grass throwing up beside a propane tank (I told you it wasn’t pretty). My dad throws me in the back of his car (brand new car, I might add) and tells me to hang my head out the window while my friend is in the passenger seat laughing her ass off. I admit, I don’t remember much after that. I don’t know how I got into bed or anything.

Now, remember we are supposed to be leaving Saturday (which it now was) at like six or seven in the morning. Well, we couldn’t leave because I was too hung-over, we had to stay an extra day (my sister is still pissed because she had really wanted to go home). So everyone that came over to the house that afternoon was making fun of me and saying stuff like “You shouldn’t have mixed your drinks like that. You should always stick to the same drink. Blah, Blah, Blah.”

Then my cousin Allan was like: “Yeah, she should have stuck to the Whiskey. She’s a Whiskey girl.”

I didn’t think anything about it (I mean, come on! I had the Worst. Hang-Over. Ever.) Okay, so we leave on Sunday and I’m still sick. I don’t think it was still the hang-over, I think I caught something because I couldn’t eat for like three or four days. It was really bad. Now, we’re going home and it’s a two day drive back to Toronto with me sick the whole time. My dad had to pull over like every half-an-hour because I had to run into washrooms and throw up. So, we’re at this McDonald’s and I’m throwing up while my sister is pushing the hand dryer thingys to drown out the sound so the people eating in the restaurant won’t hear me (isn’t she sweet? ) And then my dad is like at the door bugging the **** out of me, like “C’mon Whiskey girl. We still have a 32 hour drive ahead of us.” (he’s a real smartass). So, we finally make it home and I was never so happy in my entire life to see my own bed!

But, evidently the nickname stuck because now it’s all anyone ever calls me.

So, that’s it. I warned you, not a pretty story! But, you asked for it!

Quote:
"What other programme are you passionate about"?
Okay, this answer won’t be as horrible as the last one!

Well, you know that I love Roswell. It was the first show I ever really got hooked on, but it’s not on anymore so I don’t know if that counts. Honestly, right now it’s only QaF.

Some other shows that I like right now and try not to miss are: 24, Lost, The O.C., Monday Report, Chappelle’s Show, South Park and American Idol ( it’s my guilty pleasure).

But, I’m not passionate about them. You know what I mean? I really like them, but nothing has affected me like Roswell did and QaF does now. I hope that makes sense.

what's your shoe size? 9. I hate my feet!
what'd be your favorite place to go on a holiday if money didn't matter? Ireland. So I can find my future husband.
do you believe in life after death? No. I think that this is pretty much it. Yeah, sounds sad huh? I can't help it. I'm not a very spiritual person.

Quote:
How is you favorite couple outside of QAF ?
I loved Michael and Maria from Roswell. Those two really cracked me up. They were really sweet until the writers screwed up in the third season and then left us with that horrible finale between the two of them. *sigh* They were good while they lasted!

Quote:
What kind of music do you listen to?
I'm really kind of a music whore. I'll pretty much listen to anything. Well, I'm not too fond of country music. I mean, it's okay if it doesn't *sound* like country music. Do you know what I mean? But, right now I'm really into The Killers and FrouFrou (big surprise huh?). Those are the two that are in my CD player right now.

Well, okay that wasn’t so bad. But again I like talking about myself So, anything else you want to ask, go ahead. I'll answer it. After that first question I can't see it getting any worse!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

How old are you?
What's (if you have one) you're middle name?
Do you have phobias?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Supreme Fan

that must be the longest explanation of a screenname in the history of screennames! see, i knew why i put you first!

so while i'm still reading your explanation, more questions.

you can only pick one episode - which one is your absolutely favorite qaf episode?
what's your biggest fear?
if you could be a character in a tv show (NOT qaf) - who would you wanna be & why?
your three best qualities & the three worst.

eta: so, i'm done reading & i have to say - what a lovely story. that sounds like - pain. poor girl, but i'm sure it gave you a lesson for the rest of your life.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Extreme Fan

How old are you? 20
What's (if you have one) you're middle name? Lynn
Do you have phobias? Spiders. OMG! They totally freak me out. *shudders*

Dine: I warned you! Oh yes, I definately learned my lesson!

you can only pick one episode - which one is your absolutely favorite qaf episode? Okay, I thought long and hard about this. And I have come to a conclusion. It would have to be 203. It was just a really sweet episode with like virtually no drama. It's my fave Brian epsiode. He was just too cute in it. My all time fave moment with him is in that episode. Plus, the scenes with him and Justin just melted my heart. Emmett and his naked maid 'drama'. The whole pun on QaF with 'Gay as Blazes'. Micheal and Ted finding Bellweather. Brian not showing up at the awards ceremony. Gus taking his first steps. Brian's speech at Lindsey and Melanie's. The scene with Brian and Michael at the end. I mean the list just goes on and on. It was just nice to see an episode like that. I know that it's a dramatic show, but sometimes you just need to see a 'light' episode. (I just have to add that it was a toss-up between that and 120 )

what's your biggest fear?: Well, I have two. The first one being that I won't be able to finish school and get my degree. I'm just scared that one day I won't be able to take it. I mean, most of it is fine but sometimes it just drives me insane. It might seem stupid, because yeah...I guess it's hard for everyone, but I'm just scared that I won't finish and I'll end up disappointing my father. The second is ending up in the hospital. I have this like really weird feeling that I'm going to end up sick in a hospital and hospitals really freak me out. I hope I don't sound like a total basket-case or anything. But those are the honest answers. *shrugs*

if you could be a character in a tv show (NOT qaf) - who would you wanna be & why? Well, the first person I thought of was Elaine from Seinfeld. Now, I'm not sure if I wanna be her or I just really admire her. I thought she was totally funny and such a strong and independent woman. She never got married and didn't have any kids. She hung out with a bunch of guys and always said what was on her mind. I thought she was really cool. Plus, she always got thrown into the stupidest situations, which seems to happen to me more than I would like to admit! (I hope that counts as an answer, if not I apologize)

your three best qualities & the three worst.

Ah, I hate these questions.

Worst:
1.) I procrastinate WAY too much. It really is ridiculous. (need proof, I'm pulling another all-nighter tonight!)
2.) I can be very impatient with people. (generally stupid people who piss me off)
3.) I'm not afraid to tell those stupid people what I think about them. I have a really hard time keeping my mouth shut sometimes.

Best: (how do I do this without sounding conceited? :lol)
1.) I love to make people laugh. (sometimes it doesn't work and I just look like an ass, which I'm sure you've noticed ). But I've been told that I'm good for some laughs.
2.) I'm a really good listener. A lot of people have told me that. That's why I usually get stuck listening to everyone's problems. I'm not lying, sometimes I think I should be paid. It's like I'm a psychiatrist or something.
3.) My ass.

I'm kidding! Wow. this is really hard.

Umm, does dependable count? Because I had to take on a lot of responsibility when I was younger and my mother left. I had to help raise my little sister. I was like her mother figure and I'm damn proud of the person that she is. So, I'd like to think that I played a role in that.

Wow. That took longer than I thought!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Extreme Fan

That screenname explantion is really uhh...interesting, Krista.

Quote:
I'm really kind of a music whore. I'll pretty much listen to anything. Well, I'm not too fond of country music. I mean, it's okay if it doesn't *sound* like country music. Do you know what I mean? But, right now I'm really into The Killers and FrouFrou (big surprise huh?). Those are the two that are in my CD player right now.
So it's okay if it is country but just doesn't sound country? I've yet to hear a country song like that! Glad to hear we're both basically listening to the same bands right now.

Quote:
I hope I don't sound like a total basket-case or anything
You don't. I know a lot of people who are freaked out by hospitals, myself included. There's just something about them, I guess the atmosphere, that just doesn't seem right.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
dorksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Dine: Thanks for opening this thread. It's a neat idea.

Krista: I don't like spider either.

Ok... here's my question: If you could choose one actress to play you in a biopic who would it be?

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson
kyleschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved Michael and Maria from Roswell. Those two really cracked me up. They were really sweet until the writers screwed up in the third season and then left us with that horrible finale between the two of them. *sigh* They were good while they lasted!
Love them to. I'm M&M to the end of the world.

Galela: Great ide with this therad. Really funny ide.

How long is krista soppouse to answar quetion? days weeks hourse.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

mylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
But I've been told that I'm good for some laughs.
oh you definitely are! again and again!
i LOVE elaine! i wouldn't wanna be her but she's one of the best tv characters. seinfeld just rocks.
being honest isn't a bad quality. it's a good thing telling people what you think. i'm the same.
being dependable does definitely count. and i can totally relate to your fears.

mylu - the person in the hot seat is in there for four days.

more questions ...

what's your zodiac sign & are you a typical representer of it (if you know anything about it ) ?
which 3 things would you want to have with you when you're stranded on an island?
what did you have for dinner last night?
Old 03-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
How long is krista soppouse to answar quetion? days weeks hourse.
Look Dine! They're getting sick of me already!

Okay, some feedback and clarifications (am I allowed to do this?)

Alyssa: The whole country music thing. I knew that wasn't going to make any sense! The only country music I like is like Faith Hill or Martina McBride stuff like that. To me they don't really sound country, but they're country artists. I just hate like that old time banjo playin' singing about a dog and some booze, that kind of stuff. Okay, I hope that makes a little bit more sense now!

Dine: Yeah, I wasn't sure how to answer that but all I could think was Elaine. I love Seinfeld! I watch it whenever it's on, I could see the same episode a thousand times and I still laugh my ass off! The thing that I don't like about telling people what I think is that sometimes it comes off as mean and I end up looking like a bitch. So, I try to be very careful with how I word things!

Cathy: Oh you hate them too? I think about them and I swear to God I can feel them on me. It's horrible.

Okay, my digression is over!

If you could choose one actress to play you in a biopic who would it be?: Selma Blair. I know a lot of people hate her, but I really like her and I think that she is totally under-rated. It's nothing like I think that I look like her or anything but I just think that she would do a good job pulling off a role as diverse as myself. She'd probably get an Oscar nomination for portraying me!

what's your zodiac sign & are you a typical representer of it (if you know anything about it ) ? I'm a Libra and I don't really know much about it. I know that you know a lot about your sign, but I've never really looked into mine. It's probably like I'm neurotic or something like that. (you know what, thanks for bringing that up...I'm going to look into it later! )

which 3 things would you want to have with you when you're stranded on an island? Oh, I've answered this before. Always the same three things, it never changes: toothbrush, copy of Different Seasons by Stephen King (yes, I'm a nerd. I love to read ), and a coffee maker (I figure that the island would have coffee beans.)

what did you have for dinner last night? Umm...that's a little personal. I'm not comfortable answering that.

Home-made macaroni and cheese. *so good!*

Last edited by Whiskey Girl; 03-24-2005 at 09:57 AM
Whiskey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Okay, some feedback and clarifications (am I allowed to do this?)
of course you are. this thread is supposed get discussions going so we can all get to know each other better.

my fave seinfeld episode is the one where they wanna eat in this chinese restaurant & try to bribe the guy so he gets them a table.

Quote:
and a coffee maker (I figure that the island would have coffee beans.)
well, you're pretty much screwed if it doesn't.

what's the color of the socks you're wearing?
do you have a favorite pair of shoes? what do they look like?
you can marry anyone in this world - who would you pick? (be careful. )