Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

QAF Groupwatch Thread #6 - Currently watching: S2Ep15

Currently we are watching: Season 2 Episode 15 "Rage Against This Machine"

Timeframe: October 26th - November 3rd?

Welcome to our groupwatch thread!

After watching the episode, please don't forget to leave some comments here.
It would be also nice to see some of your favourites regarding the episode, like:
Favourite scene with Brian and/or Justin:
Favourite scene with anybody else:
Favourite quote:
Favourite music:
Least favourite scene:

And also if you feel like playing prepare some trivia questions for the others.

Have fun!

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 06-29-2015 at 04:23 PM
Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Over from last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanquinine (View Post)
So, I've just watched 208...

Michael's attempts at moving on from Ben made for some hilarious moments. Debbie had to go and listen to his ad! How embarrassing! How about some privacy, mother hen? "The next guy who walks through that door is the one I'm gonna live with for the rest of my life!" And in walks Emmett, the eternal roommate! But, wow, Brian could actually make Michael look hot in those pictures! He really can sell anything! The moment that cracks me up the most is when Michael's waiting for his hot internet date and Emmett's convincing him that he probably didn't even used his own picture, that Michael will open the door and it would turn out to be some old geezer. Then Michael opens the door, and it's George! It's really heartbreaking when he thinks Ida matched him with Ben, and it turns out that he's wrong... but it made me wonder what would happen if he'd stayed and met his actual date (the man he bumped in on the way out?)

Emmett meeting George starts out so funny too, as a modern Cinderella tale... First he takes the attractive butler for the master, which is completely understandable, I mean, who else would stand in the stairs with a strategically placed beam of light over his eyes like that? "your majesty... your grace... your gorgeousness" Then when he goes to wait for the actual master, George acts like a total creeper quietly sitting in his chair How long did he intend to hide there listening while Emmett spoke to himself? "Is 'Charming' your middle name or..."

As for Brian and Justin, this seems to be an ep. to recall us of Justin's youth: he goes shopping with his mother, she's excited about him going to college and encourages him to go to Daphne's party.
On Brian's part, the 'perils' of having such a young partner are reinforced. First, the trick who ominously says that "when you leave your door open, anyone can get in". And then... Justin meets that super cute boy at Daphne's party! And just knowing that Justin kissed him makes Brian double his workout efforts, which is kinda cute, but also kinda of sad. It comes to show that Brian does think that the only thing that's important is his looks, because that's the only reason people could possibly want to get close to him, right? Plus, he knows very well what happened to him the last time he fcked a young, naive virgin boy What if the same happens with Justin?
When it comes to this, people always focus a lot on how Justin broke the no kissing rule, therefore breaking his commitment with Brian in some way. There doesn't seem to be enough acknowledgement of how he broke a boy's heart (and a bit of his own) to keep said commitment. That boy was a temptation, not just because he was cute as hell, but he was nice, and despite being naive, he was honest in his feelings of wanting "only one guy, one he could be with". In other words, he was Justin as he was not so long ago. It was hard for Justin hurting him that first time at the party, so he kissed him. And when he came to meet him at the diner, Justin sent him away harshly, even stretching the truth a bit so he would hurt him and he wouldn't come back - much like Brian had done with him. Except that Brian had been perfecting his tough guy facade for so long that he almost believed his words. Justin acted very much against his nature to preserve his relationship with Brian.
Thinking of it all, it's not very surprising that Brian decided to comply and go home alone with Justin at the end. Maybe seeing Justin with another guy - an younger one at that - wouldn't come so easy that night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Wow! Love it hun!

George and Em was so weird from the start! Honestly ... a chauffeur pulls up outside a jewellery store knowing that "Fetch" is standing there?!!! What? Has George had him stalked???

Loved Em's monologue in the limo ~ while stuffing down the canapés!

But I think the butler was a bit strange and I'm not sure why Em would have fancied him!!

Love, love, love Em's "show tunes moment"! Just too adorable but yes, WTF was George doing just sitting there? Major creepy moment!! How long would he have sat there in silence?

AND, if George had done his homework to know the exact moment his chauffeur would find Emmett, why hadn't he done his homework to know that Em wasn't a huster!
Quote:
For an older man, I suppose he would be considered handsome. And by the way, for an even older man, I think George wouldn't be so bad either if he dropped the old man cardigan and glasses for something more stylish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Great reviews.

I agree that the manner in which Emmett and George met was rather strange, to say the least. But considering that he didn't listen to Ted's advice about dealing with strangers, it could have turned out much worse. And yes, the entire theme surrounding their first meeting screams Cinderella. With the talk of being swept off one's feet by a prince charming, extravagant jewelry, and carriages. Just everything that would make for the perfect story book romance. It's all so cliched', yet incredibly sweet and romantic.

Don't know why, but the butler kinda gave me the willies. Put me in the mind of lurch or somebody.
Quote:
Hum, Deborah… do you have any gif of Justin's encounter with the boy at the party?

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 08-18-2014 at 08:45 AM
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks for the new thread, Deborah.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome! I haven't gotten to it yet. I felt compelled to make more gifs today… But of the 101 First time scene.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:
Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Absolute Fan

That was one direct approach
Old 08-22-2014, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Justin is being somewhat predatory/aggressive here. Which is kind of sexy because we didn't see that with him very often, except with Brian.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very sexy indeed…and completely predatory! I would say that Justin was an apt student of Brian's.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Very sexy indeed…and completely predatory! I would say that Justin was an apt student of Brian's.
By this point, Brian had taught him well.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Are we moving on to episode 209 today? or
Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
Yes, indeed...we should.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal (View Post)
Let's do it!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The title has been edited.

Just watched last week some time, and it's still fresh in my mind... guess that's because it's one of my favorite episodes.

Am I the only one who totally went "Aww!" when Michael revealed to the gang that it was date night for Brian and Justin? Even if the so-called date didn't involve the usual whining and dinning, they were still together doing what they did best.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
The title has been edited.

Just watched last week some time, and it's still fresh in my mind... guess that's because it's one of my favorite episodes.

Am I the only one who totally went "Aww!" when Michael revealed to the gang that it was date night for Brian and Justin? Even if the so-called date didn't involve the usual whining and dinning, they were still together doing what they did best.
OMB, who needs wine and dinner ... that scene was ... the feeling that Brian put into his kisses with Justin was so Or even just looking across ... .. give me that look rather than roses any day!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
OMB, who needs wine and dinner ... that scene was ... the feeling that Brian put into his kisses with Justin was so Or even just looking across ... .. give me that look rather than roses any day!!!!
I know! It almost seems like he totally got lost in that kiss and momentarily forgot who/what he was doing. Only Justin could do that to him.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread