Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

QAF Groupwatch Thread #5 ~ Currently watching: S2Ep08

Currently we are watching: Season 2 Episode 07 "Love for Sale"

Timeframe: August 17th - August 24th ?

Welcome to our very first groupwatch thread!

After watching the episode, please don't forget to leave some comments here.
It would be also nice to see some of your favourites regarding the episode, like:
Favourite scene with Brian and/or Justin:
Favourite scene with anybody else:
Favourite quote:
Favourite music:
Least favourite scene:

And also if you feel like playing prepare some trivia questions for the others.

Have fun!

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 06-29-2015 at 04:23 PM
Old 06-25-2014, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OK since everything just got buried in the last thread all I can say in an abbreviated version of my last comments is that Jennifer Taylor was a real s**t and treated her son and Brian badly and she was f lucky that Brian loved Justin enough to see beyond all the crap and that Brian and Justin ... and Daphne were able to deal with that night together and try to heal together.

I think that's a short version of what I said in my lengthy last comment in the last thread!!!!

I think the scene in the loft with Brian and Justin and Daphne is the most powerful ... because they were all there ...

Last edited by Zebbers; 06-25-2014 at 04:36 PM
Old 06-25-2014, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Just to bring over from the previous thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Timeline:

1. Justin home from the hospital and absconding to find Brian.
2. Justin freaking on Liberty Ave and Woody's but finding a traumatised Brian.
3. Brian and Justin at the loft ~ and for once the kitchen area looks totally bare and unnaturally so.
4. Justin is graphic, Brian freaks, Justin comforts.
5. Brian drives Justin home, and promises Justin that they will see each other again.
6. Jen has a s**t fit and glares at Brian in his Jeep.
7. BRIAN, DAPH & JUSTINE ARE A "HAPPY" SUPPORT GROUP ATTEMPTING TO HEAL EACH OTHER.
9. Jen arrives home and decimates any chance of any of them ever recovering properly.
11. Justin tries to see Brian but he's pushed away because, once again Brian is "keeping a f promise" no matter what the cost to his own well-being.
12. Justin trashes bedroom and pushes his mother away violently ~ totally beyond distraught and broken.
13. Jen tells Deb that she can't comfort or heal Justin. Deb recommends Brian. Jen contradicts herself by saying she can look her son! WTF????
14. Then she's abusing Brian again. And that is not even anywhere near a strong enough word for what she did to him. "Standing there helpless. Do you have any idea what that's like?" That is so far beyond abusing Brian that I can't even comment on it ... !
Oh, wow...I hated when she kept asking Brian that...when it was he who was standing right there witnessing (and trying to stop) the attack.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Denise, honeybun, thank you for the new thread!

I guess it happened at a particularly emotive point in S2!!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well…she IS Justin's mother and Justin is 18 years old. So, right or wrong, good or bad…she was doing what she thought was best to protect him, as his mother. To her, if Brian wouldn't have shown up at the prom, he wouldn't have been beaten almost to death. So, in her realm of thought, it's completely understandable.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Well…she IS Justin's mother and Justin is 18 years old. So, right or wrong, good or bad…she was doing what she thought was best to protect him, as his mother. To her, if Brian wouldn't have shown up at the prom, he wouldn't have been beaten almost to death. So, in her realm of thought, it's completely understandable.
What??? So the whole "if my son wasn't gay" argument!! That is so f because then you're with the "you brought it on yourselves" "if you have to be gay keep it to yourselves" brigade and I soo know that you don't mean that.

There is one tiny chink of redemption for Jennifer when she acknowledges that although she doesn't want Brian and Justin together, she knows that Justin needs him. It still doesn't in any way excuse her shocking treatment of Brian but it is finally an admission that he is the only one who can help her son.

Last edited by Zebbers; 06-26-2014 at 02:21 AM
Old 06-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jennifer was still dealing with Justin being bashed "because" he is gay, so she was trying to "remove" what she thought harmful. If only Justin wasn't gay, this horrible thing would never have happened.

Anyway…I'm playing a little devil's advocate here, because I AM a mother and I know that as a mother, we would do anything we can to protect our children, however misguided.

With that said…I too was angry (am angry) with Jennifer for her treatment of Brian. I'm angry with everyone who couldn't see how hurt he was and just reiterated how everyone saw him as someone who wasn't deeply effected/traumatized by Justin's bashing.

Quote:
That is so f because then you're with the "you brought it on yourselves" "if you have to be gay keep it to yourselves" brigade and I soo know that you don't mean that.
What?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

When it comes to the situation with Jennifer, it's just one of those instances where nobody is neither right nor wrong. Therefore, you can't really point the finger at anyone the way you would like.

Sure, I really disliked the way Jennifer up and blamed Brian for everything bad that happened. He was always getting blamed for whenever something would go horribly wrong. But she's a mother first, and wasn't exactly a HUGE fan of Brian to begin with because, well...that's her little boy and he's older. So by default, she was going to put some responsibility on him because her son got mixed up in his "world". Which is kinda preposterous because Justin chose to be apart of Brian's life. He wasn't forced.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Justin: She thought she could keep us apart (I don't want you seeing my son anymore)

Brian: She was trying to do the right thing. You don't know how lucky you are to have a mother like that.

Justin: Now I get to stay with you. Yee Ha!
Brian: Just until you get better.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Brian's right, Justin was being an immature brat here
Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

*Speaks in what's supposed to be a female voice*..."I don't want you seeing my son anymore...we showed her". Even though I had a good laugh with Justin impersonating his mother...I love how Brian took Jennifer's side and told him to stop acting bratty. "You don't know how lucky you are to have a mother like that", and this is coming from a guy who knows what he's talking about. Because growing up, he was always faced with the burden of abuse in his household.

...and for that reason, I believe he genuinely had such a strong respect for Jennifer due to her loving/caring nature.

You know, except when Jennifer showed up at the loft just to find Brian stark naked and with an attitude.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched this episode earlier and I cannot believe that I never noticed how incredibly hot and sexy and beautiful Brian looks when he's sitting on his bed with the trick.

I had to watch that bit more than once!!! Stunning
Old 06-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
*Speaks in what's supposed to be a female voice*..."I don't want you seeing my son anymore...we showed her". Even though I had a good laugh with Justin impersonating his mother...I love how Brian took Jennifer's side and told him to stop acting bratty. "You don't know how lucky you are to have a mother like that", and this is coming from a guy who knows what he's talking about. Because growing up, he was always faced with the burden of abuse in his household.

...and for that reason, I believe he genuinely had such a strong respect for Jennifer due to her loving/caring nature.

You know, except when Jennifer showed up at the loft just to find Brian stark naked and with an attitude.
And even then, she appreciated the view.

Quote:
I cannot believe that I never noticed how incredibly hot and sexy and beautiful Brian looks when he's sitting on his bed with the trick.
I can't believe it either…that you hadn't noticed it before.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥;76723388[B
]And even then, she appreciated the view.
[/B]
Did you see, when she first opened the door, how she glanced at it for a second?

Quote:
I watched this episode earlier and I cannot believe that I never noticed how incredibly hot and sexy and beautiful Brian looks when he's sitting on his bed with the trick.

I had to watch that bit more than once!!! Stunning
Brian looks so sexy, and the trick had the nerve to complain about his poor performance? Man, give me a break why! He's whining, but I bet if he had caught Brian on one of his good nights... Brian would have turned him out. Just saying

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 06-26-2014 at 02:33 PM
Old 06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Obviously, he's always hot and sexy and beautiful but seeing this scene today it just struck more than it has done in all the times I've seen it before.

Sometimes scenes do that to me!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread