Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much, Olive. I'm sure you'll have lots of comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
hope I have time during my lunchbreak to watch
I don't think so.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Thank you so much, Olive. I'm sure you'll have lots of comments.

I don't think so.
nope! you are right! hadn't had time... but I try again tomorrow

icon by Daggi
Old 10-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Nice review, Olive.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was very sad about Ted. He was filled with self-loathing once he lost his way to make a living, then the injury and getting addicted to pain pills. He felt like he couldn't even live feeling like that anymore, so he turned to drugs for the temporary euphoria it provided. Then he had to take more and more to try and get the same feeling. Drug addiction is terrible.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ted did hit bottom, not only lost control, he lost his way. Almost threw his life away. He gave into the seduction of 'mister Crystals' world without regards for himself, his bestfriends, and his lover.

One of the best things about this, that they were honest about drugs. And made us know, drugs can be used for pleasure and fun and to enhance life, but still is 'the wrong way' to be fun, to drown out sorrows. However, drugs always have dark sides and you should use caution when it comes to using them.
I was incredibly fortunate to have worked with him. — I've a lot of respect for him. I LOVE talking to him. I think he more than anybody else. — He's somebody that I used to touch. — I’ve learned the most from Randy Harrison. He's wonderful to work with. — “I LOVE YOU” — He’s intense. He’s sillier and laughs more. He’s kinder. — Someone who looks like him, it’s hard to be that angry with. — It was about communicating with Gale Harold.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kudos to CowLip for not glossing over addiction.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Kudos to CowLip for not glossing over addiction.
they were really honest about them

icon by Daggi
Old 10-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Ted was falling apart very fast and he really lost himself.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandyRonan (View Post)
I don't too remember each scene of this episode. Because I was marathoning till 314.

I loved the beginning of this episode. Justin and Brian was desperate, looking for some fun place (other than loft) to make love. When Justin spitting Brian's 'load' to Stockwell poster, then went to kiss Brian, and I was thinking that Justin implied, "Brian, let's taste your c*m together!"
But it made that sweet

This episode had some great moments, actually I kinda hate how Lindsay and Mel treat Michael, about the baby in pregnancy. But the funny thing is when Brian said about Mel, "She's a Cwazy Wesbian". I really love how Mikey was still being strong, to be aware, stalking around 'em, for the baby, and Mel, the mother of his baby.

And then Hunter call Ben, it's really heartwreching, at least he came to believe on someone to help him taking care of himself. Realized he need parents, need protections. Well, this is the center of episode, since the title is "Uncle Ben".

And I didn't enjoy that Crystal thing being started right here. It'd be the start that ruined the living and relationship between Ted, and Em, and everyone around him.

The ending was by far the best part of this episode. Eventhou Brian once againts Justin to fail Stockwell, he couldn't stand it. His reaction to the back room at Babylon being closed was funny, indeed he felt pissed-off. And for the first time I watched the final scene, like years ago, I thought he would stop Justin gluing the posters, and maybe got mad, but... suddenly kissed him there, in the dark alley. It was genius and hot! After the little fight at the copying in the office, it was very satisfying to see that Brian was so supportive of Justin. I knew it like I said "He always be obedient to Justin".

Good review GandyRonan. I hope you'll have the time to write more reviews in the future.

I don't share your view of the alley kiss between Brian and Justin. The kiss seemed unusually chaste with little likely hood of swapping bodily fluids. But that really is nitpicking. I did appreciate Justin's strong political and social conscience, even if I wasn't a fan of the spitting scene.

I didn't even notice Mel and Lindsay treating Michael poorly about the baby. Maybe I'm so used to Mel yelling at Brian, anything even slightly less hostile seems cordial in comparison.

Hunter did call Ben, but then acted like Ben's help didn't matter. This was probably a defense mechanism on Hunter's part, but it almost lost him the support of a very kind man.

This is the beginning of Ted's crystal addiction. And I agree it isn't a pleasant thing to watch. But it's a turning point for Ted, and the beginning of a a story line that will continue into the next season.

I agree that the ending was the best part of the episode. And it looked like Justin himself expected Brian to get mad. If any kiss was hot this episode, it was this one. And Brian taking Justin's poster and slapping it on the brick himself makes a bold statement about Brian's change of heart over Justin's political protest.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A couple of great reviews ... but OMB Maureen!! Hun, are you OK? I think you almost agreed that a kiss between Brian and Justin was hot! I love it honeybun!

Oh, and it's brilliant having the time to catch up on all the discussions that I missed earlier this week!

Last edited by Zebbers; 10-20-2015 at 11:08 PM
Old 10-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep…I was so happy that Olive jumped in with her review. It was thoughtful, passionate and intuitive.

Maureen…I sent you a PM yesterday asking if you would like to have a special title when we reach 500K. Would you?
Old 10-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

still hadn't had time to watch....

icon by Daggi
Old 10-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
still hadn't had time to watch....
Me neither .. but then I probably never will!
Old 10-18-2015, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Me neither .. but then I probably never will!
I sure will whne I'm alone again

icon by Daggi
Old 10-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want to watch, my life has been a little crazy lately.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread