Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll try to help you with embedding the image tomorrow.

I don't recall that being a fashion trend in 2005. I think Brian was so destroyed by Justin leaving him, that he DIDN'T care anymore. His disheveled look represented his insides reflected on his outsides. It was really obvious to me.

You're right though...under normal circumstances Brian would NEVER go out no put together. But this wasn't a normal circumstance. He was devastated and didn't care what he looked like.

JMHO
Old 10-25-2017, 01:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I'll try to help you with embedding the image tomorrow.

I don't recall that being a fashion trend in 2005. I think Brian was so destroyed by Justin leaving him, that he DIDN'T care anymore. His disheveled look represented his insides reflected on his outsides. It was really obvious to me.

You're right though...under normal circumstances Brian would NEVER go out no put together. But this wasn't a normal circumstance. He was devastated and didn't care what he looked like.

JMHO
Wow. OK. Point taken. I just watch that scene NOW and have such a different vibe than when I saw the shirt back then b/c that trend eventually did wind up emerging. I thought he was just fashion forward!! LOL

REALLY? He was disheveled b/c he was a mess? Then why was he such an intolerable piece of crap in that conversation?? And, why did he leave so abruptly with the, "it's been a while since I ********* an artsy type." Maybe his wearing his emotions on his sleeves and in his appearance is WHY he couldn't act decently or human.

I was surprised, but happy, he showed up but it was such a non-starter for me the scene really didn't do it for me. At least we got a little smile from Justin when B said it was exquisite and he should be proud.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I brought the discussion over to the S5 thread. This is so exciting to talk about this stuff, Beth.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I brought the discussion over to the S5 thread. This is so exciting to talk about this stuff, Beth.
We get plenty of views of the BACKS of Gale's legs and YUM. But, I crave and look for views from the front.

Thus, I like when Brian's at the gym and he's wearing a cut-off pair of sweats and sneakers with no socks. I get to absorb those frontal views of the knees down and oh how sweet it is.

REALLY enjoy Brian in a towel in the steam room in 212 when he's with Michael. Brian's stretched out and his legs are flayed out in front of him.

I Loooooooooooooooovvvvvvve me some racquetball with Stockwell in 307. ADORABLE in that sleeveless white V neck T shirt. Not only do we see his legs, we see his legs in action!! Nice two second view of this legs in that steam room scene, too.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

^ I know, their bodies are just....
Old 10-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
^ I know, their bodies are just....
Yeah. Sorry. Didn't mean to go off on the body in the wardrobe thread. It was more appreciation for the clothes that ALLOWED me to see the bod. LOL

http://www.qafcaps.com/gallery/displ..._display_media

Also, how yummy is Jennifer's tan buttery leather jacket in 108? I think she's worn it a few times but that whole outfit with the jacket set against the black pants and top. A million bucks!!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-25-2017 at 08:02 PM
Old 10-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

And this shirt and tie. Gale looks amazing in red.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And this shirt and tie. Gale looks amazing in red.

Indeed - let us not forget the "forever young" red shirt in 118.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I also like Justin's shirt in that scene as well.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I also like Justin's shirt in that scene as well.

Yeah. Hmmmmm...they look yummy most of the time.

HEY!! Is this the appropriate thread in which to bring up BRIAN'S MAGIC CLOSET???

I've been dying to talk about this for two months!! LMAO

Narnia wasn't out yet at this point, right? So, it's not like his wardrobe opens into an endless forest of countless racks and hangers.

Sooooooo...what, indeed, then, is the magic that allows full Armani, Prada, and Gucci collections, his never-ending club clothes, athletic, casual hanging around clothes - not to mention the countless bulky coats and sweaters he has...to be stored in this very relatively small closet???

Oh, AND IN MOST OF THE SERIES HE'S SHARING THAT IDDY BIDDY CLOSET WITH JUSTIN!!!

And, as a side note we can discuss JUSTIN'S MAGIC DRAWER!!!

Granted Justin seems to have about 1/18 the wardrobe Brian has (he gets plenty of wear out of that orange 76 shirt he's got on in 104 and other eps) but still, he's got enough to make us notice different shirts, right? So, what's the magic, indeed, then, that allows Justin to keep ALL of his clothes in one drawer and half of a fairly small closet????

Ahhhh...the wonders of QAF World.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I guess Brians closets have a TARDIS effect .. they are bigger on the inside.. but you are right.. loking at my stuffed closets with no collections in it.. maybe he has his other clothes outsourced to the dry cleaners?

icon by Daggi
Old 10-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I guess Brians closets have a TARDIS effect .. they are bigger on the inside.. but you are right.. loking at my stuffed closets with no collections in it.. maybe he has his other clothes outsourced to the dry cleaners?
OMG, the Tardis!!! Of course!! How did I NOT think of that???!!! The Tardis isn't just bigger on the inside, it's INFINITE. And, it would have to be infinite, wouldn't it, to fit all of B/J's stuff!!!

Daggi, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!

THAT'S the magic of Brian's closet and Justin's drawer.

I cannot believe you solved that mystery in one post.

15 years ago we would ponder that for weeks!!! And, we never came up with a satisfying explanation!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-27-2017 at 07:05 AM
Old 10-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

glad I found a reasonable explanation .. that is always the first thing that comes to my mind when a lot of things come out of something small

icon by Daggi
Old 10-26-2017, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
glad I found a reasonable explanation .. that is always the first thing that comes to my mind when a lot of things come out of something small
And a most excellent reference it is. I love me some Tardis.

Dating myself, but my go to reference had always been Mary Poppin's carpet bag.

But, the Tardis kicks the carpet bag's butt any day!!!

Hey, Fmaldy!! I see you're on the boards. Are you OK? Haven't heard from you in a while. I saw that they played "Proud" while you were in assembly. That must have rocked you - in a good way - but you were probably like OMG WORLDS COLLIDING!!

Anyway - hope you're doing well. And, I left you a bunch of cuddling examples that we actually see in canon. I think they're in the B/J thread a ways down.

Take care!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Mary Poppins always knew what to do.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Closed Thread   Post New Thread