Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Can you imagine? Even being a stylist on that show would've been so cool It would've meant being in close contact with the cast constantly
My thoughts exactly. I would love to have been a fly on the wall with that
Old 10-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I bet some interesting things happened

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Because this show is literally looping in my home for over a month I've noticed that Justin/Randy is growing on me. Truth be told I couldn't see why Brian loved him but as a Brianite if Brian's happy I'm happy.

Sooooooo...don't know how to do screen grabs, but...

Could you eat Justin up in those sleeveless shirts he wears to Babylon???

ep 309 in the opening

ep 310 when they're dancing and the trick sidles up to them

ep 312 when Justin wants Brian to break open the back room again

He just looks delicious. And, miracle of miracles: I SEE it!! I SEE what Brian sees and it makes my heart sing!!!

Also, I must confess I don't appreciate most of Brian's wardrobe. Not the suits early on, not the coats. I cannot stand his sleeveless sweaters he wore in eps 306 and 309.
But...
When Brian wears a white V necked T shirt, a black crew neck T shirt, any tank (we jerseyites call them Gini T's) and OMG the type of shirt he wore during the ep 204 Pride parade YUM!! Again, YUM!! when he wore the sleeveless sweater in ep 401 during his oozing love scene with Justin while discussing his debt.

And, ya just gotta love Brian in season 4 when he's his own boss and he's wearing a collared shirt with a blazer over it.

Conversely, when he's wearing the same shirt and blazer in season 5 when he's going to Babylon it appears creepy. I guess as the owner he has to dress differently than when he was a patron?? But, he bought it to be his playground so I don't know why appearances would matter to him. And, it's not because his body changed.

We know his body still ROCKED!! This is evidenced by his other yummy sleeveless sweater scene at Woody's when he and Brandon enter their bet.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Yep! I think they all had such good hair, bet the stylists used to love styling them
That's a lot of hair gel!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Interesting observation about the suit-shirt, Beth. Certain clothes that would perfect for one type of setting may appear completely off in another. I agree that he shouldn't wear any of his work clothes to Babylon

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Because this show is literally looping in my home for over a month I've noticed that Justin/Randy is growing on me. Truth be told I couldn't see why Brian loved him but as a Brianite if Brian's happy I'm happy.

Sooooooo...don't know how to do screen grabs, but...

Could you eat Justin up in those sleeveless shirts he wears to Babylon???

ep 309 in the opening

ep 310 when they're dancing and the trick sidles up to them

ep 312 when Justin wants Brian to break open the back room again

He just looks delicious. And, miracle of miracles: I SEE it!! I SEE what Brian sees and it makes my heart sing!!!

Also, I must confess I don't appreciate most of Brian's wardrobe. Not the suits early on, not the coats. I cannot stand his sleeveless sweaters he wore in eps 306 and 309.
But...
When Brian wears a white V necked T shirt, a black crew neck T shirt, any tank (we jerseyites call them Gini T's) and OMG the type of shirt he wore during the ep 204 Pride parade YUM!! Again, YUM!! when he wore the sleeveless sweater in ep 401 during his oozing love scene with Justin while discussing his debt.

And, ya just gotta love Brian in season 4 when he's his own boss and he's wearing a collared shirt with a blazer over it.

Conversely, when he's wearing the same shirt and blazer in season 5 when he's going to Babylon it appears creepy. I guess as the owner he has to dress differently than when he was a patron?? But, he bought it to be his playground so I don't know why appearances would matter to him. And, it's not because his body changed.

We know his body still ROCKED!! This is evidenced by his other yummy sleeveless sweater scene at Woody's when he and Brandon enter their bet.
I really wished I would have more time to put pics underneath all the episodes you mentioned.. just to make the drooling perfect and maybe I manage to do so..

but I agree with Denise.. work wardrobe in babylon doesn't fit..

what I really love is the black coat Brian wears in season 5 .. the short one.. but in my eyes the suits in the early season always seem not to fit right.. and honestly.. an Armani suit that costs so much? shouldn't it fit perfect?

icon by Daggi
Old 10-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they both looked great in the "Sperm Donor Pageant"...304

Beth: I'm from Jersey and I've never heard the name "Gini-T" before.

Brian in his tank...304

Here's the 309 shirt you're talking about, Beth. Don't get me started with B's hands on J's hips.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

They all looked amazing in the "Sperm Donor Pageant" Melanies nightmares could have been worse

and thanks for the two sleevless guys Deborah Yupp Beth, I know exactly now what oyu mean

icon by Daggi
Old 10-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I think they both looked great in the "Sperm Donor Pageant"...304

Beth: I'm from Jersey and I've never heard the name "Gini-T" before.

Brian in his tank...304

Here's the 309 shirt you're talking about, Beth. Don't get me started with B's hands on J's hips.

Hiya!

I wish I knew screen grabs like you guys do! Thanks, Gale's Fragile Beauty and Giotto for bringing them to life. Giotto, I have this only on Netflix so it's almost impossible to slow things down. That 309 scene is so cut up and stylized I never even noticed B's hands on J's hips until just now. YUM. Thanks so much for pointing it out.

Gale's Fraglie Beauty - LOL. I guess it depends on where in Jersey you're from. I'm Italian from directly over the George Washington Bridge (or I used to be, anyway). Back in the 60's-80's that area was swarming with Italians and they all wore those white or black tank tops with their gold chains, bracelets and watches. NOT BEING RACIST - I'M ONE OF THESE ILK. I JUST KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE AROUND THEM 24/7 - AND, YES. THEY FIT THEIR OWN STERO-TYPE, SORRY TO SAY.
Anyway, the tanks were dubbed Gini T's in honor of the "Ginis" who wore them.
Yikes - didn't mean to offend with all of that. I shouldn't have mentioned it. It's just one of those terms that's so part of my DNA I didn't think about it before I wrote it. LOL
Old 10-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I wish I knew screen grabs like you guys do!
I sadly don't know how to do the gifs , that is Deborahs work but if I have time I love to search for screencaps on that site

Home - QAF Caps

I embed then as pics then, you click on the little picture up above and put the graphicadress in it.

and thats what happens

this is the coat I was talking about

icon by Daggi
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I sadly don't know how to do the gifs , that is Deborahs work but if I have time I love to search for screencaps on that site

Home - QAF Caps

I embed then as pics then, you click on the little picture up above and put the graphicadress in it.

and thats what happens

this is the coat I was talking about

Daggi, you're a wealth of info. I didn't even know that site existed. Thanks so much!!

Yes. I like that coat, too.

But, the worst I've EVER seen Brian wearing, I think, is this shirt. It's the scene that's so icky. The shirt just sends it over the edge. If Brian were wearing one of his white-ish shirts with the light stripes he wears this scene would have come off much differently. Since we were supposed to experience the ick factor many kudos for the wardrobe people driving the point home in 504.

Well...I tried to copy the image and paste it here. Didn't work, of course. It's this:

http://www.qafcaps.com/gallery/displ..._display_media

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-23-2017 at 04:32 PM
Old 10-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Icky shirt? I think the shirt looks different on him, for sure. He looks cool but I have seen him wear more better clothes. Thanks for the link
Old 10-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
Icky shirt? I think the shirt looks different on him, for sure. He looks cool but I have seen him wear more better clothes. Thanks for the link
OK. Good point. Maybe I find the SCENE icky and I'm blaming the shirt. LOL

I just think that shirt adds to the cringe-worthy effect of his look/behavior.

Again, I give total props to wardrobe. I think we're SUPPOSED to be icked out by Brian in this scene so the shirt is adding to it.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think there were worse things, but I agree with Vicki that for him it worked. But yeah...that was an awful scene.

Quote:
Daggi, you're a wealth of info. I didn't even know that site existed. Thanks so much!!

Yes. I like that coat, too.

But, the worst I've EVER seen Brian wearing, I think, is this shirt. It's the scene that's so icky. The shirt just sends it over the edge. If Brian were wearing one of his white-ish shirts with the light stripes he wears this scene would have come off much differently. Since we were supposed to experience the ick factor many kudos for the wardrobe people driving the point home in 504.

Well...I tried to copy the image and paste it here. Didn't work, of course. It's this:

Episode 4 - 0700 - QAF Caps
Here you go!

Old 10-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

http://www.qafcaps.com/gallery/album...ormal_0615.jpg

Help!! I still cannot add a picture like you guys can.

Anyway, this is really funny.

This is ep 509 and Brian's gone to Justin's art opening.

Well, 12 years ago you had to hear the fandom!! Why does Brian look like such a slob? Was he just with a trick and didn't get to tuck everything back in?? Arguments: Brian would NEVER not tuck himself all the way up. He cares about his appearance. Do you think he was trying to hurt Justin? Arguments: Brian would NEVER hurt Justin that way. I mean, why show up just to hurt him? Brian's NEVER been that way, and on and on and on.

I can't tell you the stir this caused. I was confused, too. (Never watched the ep when it aired but there were so many screen shots going around. It really befuddled me.)

Well...it's hilarious looking back on it. Wardrobe was on the cutting edge of fashion. Brian, of course, is on the cutting edge of fashion. So, of course, it makes sense he'd be one of the first people to have one side tucked in and the other hanging out.

Unfortunately for the fandom it was a little TOO cutting edge and we had no choice but to read a thousand things into it b/c we just didn't understand!! Hindsight is 20/20, eh?

ROFLMAO!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread