Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

QAF Fashion & Hair #1: Gucci, Prada, Armani... Jesus, what a label queen!

Welcome to the first QAF fashion thread

We talked about opening one a few times so here it is. I hope you all will partecipate.

OP is under construction, I'd like to add a banner or maybe a little picspam with different outfits we've seen on the show But meanwhile, the thread is up so we can discuss
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

About what?

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fashion you know, outfits, looks?

We could start from the outfits we saw in the pilot, a couple of them were interesting, especially Emmett's Ted's just

Old 07-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Teds outfit isn't bad, it's just too normal for a clubnight, it's nothing special. He looks like a family guy

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that's what I meant, it's a "no" for the place where he was even though, the white undershirt is never cool, in my opinion It kinda looks like his mom asked him if he got his warm shirt on him before going out

But it is the right outfit to give the idea the writers wanted us to have about Ted in the pilot. Good, reliable, middle aged, nice but always rejected by everyone.

The others too have perfect outfits to convey what kind of people they are when the show starts. Brian is perfect, of course Emmett is... well, Emmett and Michael looks like the nice guy next door.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But can you see Ted hanging out without a shirt at the bar?
Like some of the boys there always seemed to do *LOL*

Emmett's coloring is adorable
I would never wear those colours together.

Steffi
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

He didn't have to go shirtless but he could have left the white shirt that's underneath, that's all The outfit would have still be not the best for a club, but a bit better

The colors of Emmett's outfit totally clash, I'd never wear them together either. But on Emmett anything seems to work, somehow

What about Justin in the pilot? I'm not a fan of flannel shirts, but he looked very cute

Old 07-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

a fashion thread!! that's so cool!! thank you so much, Manu!!

well, the guys at Babylon..(great pic, btw, never saw it before, I guess it's promo pic,or something )
Ted-yup, definitely the "geek", but you can tell right away he's got character.
Emmett- as you girls pointed out only Emmett can pull this outfit off
Michael- I kinda like Michael's look here. the tight t shirt, the hair, and he looks really young.
Brian - he gets A+ he might be a label queen, but he sure knows how to do it. from his hairstyle to his cool braclet , he looks perfect. plus Gale looks amazing here. simply amazing. I'm sure we'll discuss it later on, but he simply looks amazing in suits and in club cloths
Justin- brilliant. I love the flannel shirt, the jeans, the hairstyle, his shoes.. it's so him, I mean he's totally a 17 year old here.
again, Randy looks so adorable, yet sexy, he really manged to convey what Justin was about at this point in time.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you appreciate the new thread

I posted caps of the pilot just to get us started, but we can talk about any outfit we've seen on the show in any episode

We could have another one of those discussions about Justin's underwear Even though in the pilot it wasn't the usual white stuff

Speaking of underwear... Brian's thong?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

yup, definitely Brian's thongs I don't suppose we could have a cap of that in here, can we?
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm afraid not, I don't think allows that kind of pictures but we all have it in our minds, don't we?

I really didn't like it. Thank God it was a one time thing. I don't even think it's something Brian would really wear, it's not his style.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, I liked it, but I loove his boxes briefs. omg , I love this thread!!

I guess we can talk about THE bracelet, right? it's so...him. it was such a great idea to let Brian have this item who made him unique. it wasn't a designer item, but it made him look hot just as well. plus I would like to believe that bracelet had a story behind it
and btw, remember that in the studs and suds ep Ted said something about Brian's tattoo ?

Last edited by WildRose; 07-27-2011 at 11:41 PM
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess those clothes Justin's wearing in the pilot were some of the "new cool stuff" his parents bought him, as Jen mentioned when he took an old and tight shirt instead of the new stuff

Steffi
Old 07-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love Justin's answer, that tight is the point Those clothes he wore the first night were cute, but not really club attire. Even though the second night the shirt wasn't any better And Daphne's dress!

Vered I like Brian's bracelet too. According to what Justin tells to Carl in S3, when they go to see Brian's nephew, Brian got the bracelet in Mexico, right?
It's a type of bracelet I probably wouldn't wear personally, but it looks good on Brian's wrist. I kinda miss it when he stops wearing it in S3.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think I'm gonna love this thread
I love that pic from the pilot, and I agree that the clothes define the characters. Not a big fan of the thong either, but I think Brian can wear everything he wants, it will always look good on him anyway

I didn't notice Ted said something about Brian's tatoo (I didn't even know Brian had a tatoo), when did he say that ?

I love that last pic, they both are very cute, but it's a bit shocking to see them dressed this way

As for the bracelet, it's too bad Brian stopped wearing it after 304, apparently, it was Gale's, and he didn't like that fans starting wearing it too, which I can understand. But it defined the character, it was symbolic. And Manu yes, Justin says that Brian bought it in Mexico, and that his initials are carved on a shell