Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2018, 12:42 PM
  #46
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
That must be nice to have that kind of focus. I have some focus issues, so I really struggle with that. But then I get tired of the music I have that works in the background...

I like to listen to rain sounds in the background when I read, a lot.


Daggi, I think I asked you a question a while back (which is probably lost at this point) about the "Butterfly Effect" fanfic - did you get a vibe from it that it was Brian-bashing, or Michael-bashing? I get the impression that it's very pro-Justin, and kind of down on a lot of the other characters.
oh sorry I overlooked it

I'm not sure , but I think I remember it being anti michael is mentioned.. so that for sure.. I wouldn't say it is Brian bashing.. it is written to open Brians eyes about what effects his way of treating Justin without overthinking it could have. and of course it would change him, if it would have been the way the story tells.. and I have to agree it is pro Justin with changing a bit of the original way and it really was just a tiny bit, you get a Justin who was treated really unfair by Brian, and cruel in a way.. remember the background is different ! that's why the story is called "butterfly effect"

i still think it is written pretty good, and I just hope it goes in a direction I like.. it felt a bit back and forth to me latley, but that might be because of the long breaks between chapters..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:04 AM
  #47
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
oh sorry I overlooked it

I'm not sure , but I think I remember it being anti michael is mentioned.. so that for sure.. I wouldn't say it is Brian bashing.. it is written to open Brians eyes about what effects his way of treating Justin without overthinking it could have. and of course it would change him, if it would have been the way the story tells.. and I have to agree it is pro Justin with changing a bit of the original way and it really was just a tiny bit, you get a Justin who was treated really unfair by Brian, and cruel in a way.. remember the background is different ! that's why the story is called "butterfly effect"

i still think it is written pretty good, and I just hope it goes in a direction I like.. it felt a bit back and forth to me latley, but that might be because of the long breaks between chapters..
True, it is called the "Butterfly Effect" - I did get that part. I might just be overly-defensive of some of these characters. I might struggle a little bit with some of this fanfiction.

It is pretty good! I think I have about 10 chapters left, I'm afraid to get all caught up cause I know it's not being updated as often.


BTW, I wrote a new chapter of my story last night. I just might share it here...
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 06:46 AM
  #48
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,233
I would love to read more of your fic, Chris.

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
That must be nice to have that kind of focus. I have some focus issues, so I really struggle with that.
Welcome to the club. My focus is awful. For example, I planned to post here until 10am, but I've hardly touched it.
__________________
“Non siamo fatti per un singolo strumento; né tu né io.”
― André Aciman
Deborah - avi by me
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:01 AM
  #49
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I would love to read more of your fic, Chris.

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?



Welcome to the club. My focus is awful. For example, I planned to post here until 10am, but I've hardly touched it.
I can understand that, and probably wouldn't mind reading a Lindsay-bashing fic. But holy ! Those that you described are just . Wow...

Ha, I'm glad you can understand the focus struggles. I can't rely on caffeine as much as the rest of the world, either (gives me anxiety), so I don't get much help.

And ok... I'll post the next chapter I wrote below...
Spoiler:
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:53 AM
  #50
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I would love to read more of your fic, Chris.

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?
Yupp.. that kind of anti Michael or Lindsay is a bit too much.. where is the tolerance by people who write that bad things.. I mean that is the main message of the show I thought..
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 AM
  #51
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Yupp.. that kind of anti Michael or Lindsay is a bit too much.. where is the tolerance by people who write that bad things.. I mean that is the main message of the show I thought..
Yes exactly, that's a great point. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the audience of QAF is as accepting as the writers/characters.

BTW, check out my new FF chapter I posted below, if you're interested.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:41 AM
  #52
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I can understand that, and probably wouldn't mind reading a Lindsay-bashing fic. But holy ! Those that you described are just . Wow...

Ha, I'm glad you can understand the focus struggles. I can't rely on caffeine as much as the rest of the world, either (gives me anxiety), so I don't get much help.

And ok... I'll post the next chapter I wrote below...
Spoiler:
Well hot damn.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:56 AM
  #53
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I can understand that, and probably wouldn't mind reading a Lindsay-bashing fic. But holy ! Those that you described are just . Wow...

Ha, I'm glad you can understand the focus struggles. I can't rely on caffeine as much as the rest of the world, either (gives me anxiety), so I don't get much help.

And ok... I'll post the next chapter I wrote below...
Spoiler:
hot hot hot...

and not one single word spoken between you .. no need for

I'm really impressed
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:38 PM
  #54
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
hot hot hot...

and not one single word spoken between you .. no need for

I'm really impressed
Thank you both for your feedback!!

I'm definitely going to continue with it. I've written some, already. I'll keep sharing, too. You guys rock.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:23 AM
  #55
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Television
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 51,936
we love when people around us get creative
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:47 PM
  #56
Elite Fan

 
SojournHeart11's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 49,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I would love to read more of your fic, Chris.

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?



Welcome to the club. My focus is awful. For example, I planned to post here until 10am, but I've hardly touched it.
... da hell? *nervous laughs*
__________________
A word of advice, my sweet Emmett - mourn the losses because they are many.
But celebrate the victories because they are few.
~ Debbie Novotny

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
SojournHeart11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:47 PM
  #57
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Here's the next chapter of "Particles of Rage". Tried my hand at more dialogue. Feedback is always appreciated.

Spoiler:
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 09-13-2018 at 10:13 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 AM
  #58
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Here's the next chapter of "Particles of Rage". Tried my hand at more dialogue. Feedback is always appreciated.

Spoiler:
Well hello Mr. Kinney

Love it, Chris!!
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:56 AM
  #59
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,994
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really enjoying this. Considering actually posting it on one of those fanfic sites...

Anyhoo, here's the next installment.

Spoiler:
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 AM
  #60
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really enjoying this. Considering actually posting it on one of those fanfic sites...

Anyhoo, here's the next installment.

Spoiler:
You should definitely put it up!!

Lol okay so Sage is definitely the female Brian Kinney and they are perfect for each other

Also, is it hot in here or....? Loved it heehee!!
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
fan fiction, queer as folk


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST