Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2018, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
That must be nice to have that kind of focus. I have some focus issues, so I really struggle with that. But then I get tired of the music I have that works in the background...

I like to listen to rain sounds in the background when I read, a lot.

Daggi, I think I asked you a question a while back (which is probably lost at this point) about the "Butterfly Effect" fanfic - did you get a vibe from it that it was Brian-bashing, or Michael-bashing? I get the impression that it's very pro-Justin, and kind of down on a lot of the other characters.
oh sorry I overlooked it

I'm not sure , but I think I remember it being anti michael is mentioned.. so that for sure.. I wouldn't say it is Brian bashing.. it is written to open Brians eyes about what effects his way of treating Justin without overthinking it could have. and of course it would change him, if it would have been the way the story tells.. and I have to agree it is pro Justin with changing a bit of the original way and it really was just a tiny bit, you get a Justin who was treated really unfair by Brian, and cruel in a way.. remember the background is different ! that's why the story is called "butterfly effect"

i still think it is written pretty good, and I just hope it goes in a direction I like.. it felt a bit back and forth to me latley, but that might be because of the long breaks between chapters..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
oh sorry I overlooked it

I'm not sure , but I think I remember it being anti michael is mentioned.. so that for sure.. I wouldn't say it is Brian bashing.. it is written to open Brians eyes about what effects his way of treating Justin without overthinking it could have. and of course it would change him, if it would have been the way the story tells.. and I have to agree it is pro Justin with changing a bit of the original way and it really was just a tiny bit, you get a Justin who was treated really unfair by Brian, and cruel in a way.. remember the background is different ! that's why the story is called "butterfly effect"

i still think it is written pretty good, and I just hope it goes in a direction I like.. it felt a bit back and forth to me latley, but that might be because of the long breaks between chapters..
True, it is called the "Butterfly Effect" - I did get that part. I might just be overly-defensive of some of these characters. I might struggle a little bit with some of this fanfiction.

It is pretty good! I think I have about 10 chapters left, I'm afraid to get all caught up cause I know it's not being updated as often.

BTW, I wrote a new chapter of my story last night. I just might share it here...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 09-03-2018, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would love to read more of your fic, Chris.

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?

Quote:
That must be nice to have that kind of focus. I have some focus issues, so I really struggle with that.
Welcome to the club. My focus is awful. For example, I planned to post here until 10am, but I've hardly touched it.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)

I used to love Lindsay/Michael bashing pics, because I was angry with their treatment of Brian and Justin, always discounting their relationship. The pics helped me focus my anger a bit. As long as it's in context with the story I'm okay, but Michael pushing Justin down the stairs or Lindsay abusing Gus and setting Justin's studio on fire...what the fk is that?

Welcome to the club. My focus is awful. For example, I planned to post here until 10am, but I've hardly touched it.
I can understand that, and probably wouldn't mind reading a Lindsay-bashing fic. But holy ! Those that you described are just . Wow...

Ha, I'm glad you can understand the focus struggles. I can't rely on caffeine as much as the rest of the world, either (gives me anxiety), so I don't get much help.

And ok... I'll post the next chapter I wrote below...
Spoiler:

Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Yupp.. that kind of anti Michael or Lindsay is a bit too much.. where is the tolerance by people who write that bad things.. I mean that is the main message of the show I thought..

icon by Daggi
Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yupp.. that kind of anti Michael or Lindsay is a bit too much.. where is the tolerance by people who write that bad things.. I mean that is the main message of the show I thought..
Yes exactly, that's a great point. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the audience of QAF is as accepting as the writers/characters.

BTW, check out my new FF chapter I posted below, if you're interested.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I can understand that, and probably wouldn't mind reading a Lindsay-bashing fic. But holy ! Those that you described are just . Wow...

Ha, I'm glad you can understand the focus struggles. I can't rely on caffeine as much as the rest of the world, either (gives me anxiety), so I don't get much help.

Spoiler:
Well hot damn.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

Spoiler:
hot hot hot...

and not one single word spoken between you .. no need for

I'm really impressed

icon by Daggi
Old 09-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
hot hot hot...

and not one single word spoken between you .. no need for

I'm really impressed
Thank you both for your feedback!!

I'm definitely going to continue with it. I've written some, already. I'll keep sharing, too. You guys rock.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

we love when people around us get creative

icon by Daggi
Old 09-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:

... da hell? *nervous laughs*

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Here's the next chapter of "Particles of Rage". Tried my hand at more dialogue. Feedback is always appreciated.

Spoiler:

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 09-13-2018 at 09:13 PM
Old 09-14-2018, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Here's the next chapter of "Particles of Rage". Tried my hand at more dialogue. Feedback is always appreciated.

Spoiler:
Well hello Mr. Kinney

Love it, Chris!!
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really enjoying this. Considering actually posting it on one of those fanfic sites...

Anyhoo, here's the next installment.

Spoiler:

Old 09-18-2018, 06:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really enjoying this. Considering actually posting it on one of those fanfic sites...

Anyhoo, here's the next installment.

Spoiler:
You should definitely put it up!!

Lol okay so Sage is definitely the female Brian Kinney and they are perfect for each other

Also, is it hot in here or....? Loved it heehee!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread