Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2017, 09:11 AM
  #61
Dedicated Fan
 
cookiebun's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I would not have courage now to read such story of Justin being dead and Brian with Mikey. i read some time ago a fanfic where Brian was killed during bombing in Babylon and that was one of most heartbreaking story I read, i was so devastated and crying through it all, it included letters Justin wrote to Brian later in his life, omg, I have to stop, its too emotional and makes me cry even when I just think about it.
This one has a curveball... you could absolutely read it Sia... the beginning isn't as bad as it seems!!!!
__________________
"Randy and I dove in so deep so soon" - Gale Harold (at ATX referring to shooting episode 1 sex scenes right out of the gate) Peter thought his choice of words was hysterical! LOL
cookiebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:13 AM
  #62
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 43,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I would not have courage now to read such story of Justin being dead and Brian with Mikey. i read some time ago a fanfic where Brian was killed during bombing in Babylon and that was one of most heartbreaking story I read, i was so devastated and crying through it all, it included letters Justin wrote to Brian later in his life, omg, I have to stop, its too emotional and makes me cry even when I just think about it.
Which one was it Sia? I've read one too, that was soo heartbreaking, but also so so well written..

Kathy ~ I have to give that one a try, but first I want to finish the two I'm reading right now
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 AM
  #63
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Which one was it Sia? I've read one too, that was soo heartbreaking, but also so so well written..

Kathy ~ I have to give that one a try, but first I want to finish the two I'm reading right now
Unfortunately I do not remeber, if I do, I will let you know.
Kathy Thanks for a tip, I will try it also later.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 AM
  #64
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
I would not have courage now to read such story of Justin being dead and Brian with Mikey. i read some time ago a fanfic where Brian was killed during bombing in Babylon and that was one of most heartbreaking story I read, i was so devastated and crying through it all, it included letters Justin wrote to Brian later in his life, omg, I have to stop, its too emotional and makes me cry even when I just think about it.
Was that Valediction? I had a really hard time with that one. It was really well written and a classic in the fandom.

Fortunately I read it after I read a couple of other Death!Fics. There was one that I found absolutely beautiful which was Counting Blue Cars by R.C. McLachlan. I cried, but for how beautiful it was.
__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:08 AM
  #65
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Was that Valediction? I had a really hard time with that one. It was really well written and a classic in the fandom.

Fortunately I read it after I read a couple of other Death!Fics. There was one that I found absolutely beautiful which was Counting Blue Cars by R.C. McLachlan. I cried, but for how beautiful it was.
yes, its Valediction, I looked at it now and ended up in tears again, And I read Counting Blue cars also some time ago. You are right its poetically beautiful.

I read so many fanfics, but without making notes of names, I just needed to read and read after I finished the series. I would like to go back to many and print those that are most important for me. Some are really masterpieces.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 AM
  #66
Moderator Support Team

 
Giotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 43,758
Yupp, Valediction was the one I ment too that one always brings me to tears just thinking about...
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:26 PM
  #67
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Yupp, Valediction was the one I ment too that one always brings me to tears just thinking about...
Yes, i feel you, same here, that scene when Brian is saying goodbye to Justin and Justin letters all those years later
Some people are so talented and their stories have really such powerful message.
But its all thanks to Gale and Randy and their amazing and persuasive acting skills which inspired so many people to write.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:30 PM
  #68
Dedicated Fan
 
cookiebun's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 905
This is a link to the 3 stories I was talking about...

all by Dayna -
1. Whatever it Takes
2. By Whatever Means
3. Confinement


Index of /QAF/Fics/by Authors/D/Dayna/
__________________
"Randy and I dove in so deep so soon" - Gale Harold (at ATX referring to shooting episode 1 sex scenes right out of the gate) Peter thought his choice of words was hysterical! LOL
cookiebun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:29 AM
  #69
Sia
Extreme Fan
 
Sia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
This is a link to the 3 stories I was talking about...

all by Dayna -
1. Whatever it Takes
2. By Whatever Means
3. Confinement


Index of /QAF/Fics/by Authors/D/Dayna/
Thank , I read it, its interesting, but I have to say quiet a lot anti Michael and extremely ooc for him but good that there is happyend for our couple.
Sia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:57 AM
  #70
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
I downloaded Dayna's other compilation of fics, but haven't read them yet. I also DL'd the ones you mentioned Kathy, but I confess I haven't read that either. It appears to be only a couple of pages.

I'm currently reading an original fiction piece that I've had on my Kindle forever. Non-B/J *GASPS*
__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:09 AM
  #71
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Oh my, Daggi...that's a WIP! You are brave.

fmaldy24: I didn't read fan fiction for a long time. I watched the show repeatedly though.

I found that gap-filler fics worked best for me. One that I really love is this collection of S1 gap-fillers. The author started writing these during the run of the show. IMO...she's one of the best.

Try the first one. Just a warning though...they're very graphic sexually.

Heels Over Head ~ QAF Season One Gap Fillers by Miss Miko
Thanks for the tip I do like that they go with the storyline so well but they are graphic aren't they?
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:00 AM
  #72
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Thanks for the tip I do like that they go with the storyline so well but they are graphic aren't they?
Very...Very...graphic!! So if that's not your thing, I don't suggest you read them. There is also a lot of plot, but a lot of sex too...as B/J had a very HEALTHY sex life. The writers definitely bring that life on-screen, for lack of a better word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiebun (View Post)
This is a link to the 3 stories I was talking about...

all by Dayna -
1. Whatever it Takes
2. By Whatever Means
3. Confinement


Index of /QAF/Fics/by Authors/D/Dayna/
Kathy

I read it! I love a good Anti!Mikey storyline, but this is Anti. It was well written though.

Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:40 AM
  #73
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
QUOTE=♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥;90968215]Very...Very...graphic!! So if that's not your thing, I don't suggest you read them. There is also a lot of plot, but a lot of sex too...as B/J had a very HEALTHY sex life. The writers definitely bring that life on-screen, for lack of a better word.

Very very true It's funny when they get the viagra because Justin says you know our sex isn't what it used to be - we're down to four times a day



Quote:
I read it! I love a good Anti!Mikey storyline, but this is Anti. It was well written though.

Thanks for sharing.

You are not a Mikey fan?
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 AM
  #74
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 101,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Very very true It's funny when they get the viagra because Justin says you know our sex isn't what it used to be - we're down to four times a day

You are not a Mikey fan?
It's not that I'm totally not a fan, but I feel very much the same about Michael that I do about Lindsay. They're both Brian's "best friend", but manipulated him much of the time.

I don't care for anti-Michael and Lindsay stories like I used to, but mild ones don't bother me. Some can be pretty extreme though.
__________________
Gale ~ "Brilliant, enigmatic, screwy."~ Scott Lowell
Deborah~ Gale/Kit icon by me
❤️ Vote 4 Kit Harington! ❤️
Join us for a *NEW* Queer As Folk Series Rewatch...Now Watching Episode 1.05
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:39 AM
  #75
Extreme Fan
 
fmaldy24's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
It's not that I'm totally not a fan, but I feel very much the same about Michael that I do about Lindsay. They're both Brian's "best friend", but manipulated him much of the time.

I don't care for anti-Michael and Lindsay stories like I used to, but mild ones don't bother me. Some can be pretty extreme though.
I'm not a fan of Michael either but again still trying to find some fanfics - not looking very hard though - spending a lot of time watching the show and writing on the forums . Haven't read too much lately - QAF takes up a lot of time
fmaldy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
queer as folk, fan fiction


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.